Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

What's your opinion concerning the "optional" bosses in the KH series?

What's your opinion concerning the "optional" bosses in the KH series?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion concerning the "optional" bosses in the KH series?

• I think they're too strong!! I can't beat them.
    • They're very strong, but I'll try as many times as it takes to finish them.
    • They aren't that strong.. At least not all of them so far.
    • They're not much of a challenge in my opinion.
    • Can't really say... Never tried to beat any.
    • Another option? Tell us below!

Well the poll title asks in general, but the options are specifically concerning difficulty. In general, I love the optional/secret bosses in every KH game thus far (perhaps excepting 358/2 Days, they were hard but simple, and mere heartless). I really hope they include many or at least several more secret bosses in KH3. With regards to difficulty, for the most part I love where it is at the moment. They're very difficult, particularly at lower-mid levels. Only by grinding can one even the playing field just a little. Keep it where it's at, just give us more :) My favourite fight so far is Mysterious Figure, that was ominous and intense.

So far I like them. They give something to do after finishing the story and are challenging. I didn't beat all of them yet though. And I can't wait to finally play the Remix so I can fight Unknown o/ 

The hardest for me so far definitely was Vanitas in BBS as well as Mysterious Figure. The latter I wasn't able to beat yet. I hope there will be many nice optional bosses in KH3. I mean it should have so much side stuff that it almost explodes anyway xD It's the last game (of the saga), c'mon!

(perhaps excepting 358/2 Days, they were hard but simple, and mere heartless)

There were optional bosses in Days?

It really depends on each boss, each game. And it's also a matter of maturity of the player? Because we can find patterns and way to dodge each move, which makes the battle easier with time and pratice really.

In an RPG, the only ones I can really respect are the bosses that are so insanely hard, that even when you hit the maximum level, they don't get any easier. This is why I prefer the secret bosses in Birth By Sleep, it takes real skill or concise cheating to beat them up. Of course, that could also be seen as a down-side.

(P.S: I know it's unrelated but just because I respect Feral Chaos doesn't mean I don't hate that Hell-Spawn with every fiber of my being)

I think they're a good challenge long as you aren't over-leveled.  Julius was a bit of a disappointment simply cause he seems random, unless it's revealed KH3 that the ultimate mastermind behind the whole series is Pete's alter ego.

That would be sooooo lame. Every hidden unknown boss have made appearances in future games; Xemnas in KHFM, Lingering Will in KH2FM, Young Xehanort in BBS. But there is a difference between the unknown bosses and optional Xemnas, 'Terra' and Young Xehanort are all unknown bosses. Vanitas LS, Seph, and I believe Julius are just extra bosses to have fun. 

They were always a challenge for me, but I think as more time goes on, the more experience you get, until older extra bosses like KH1 Sephiroth and Ice Titan are almost a walk in the park. The newer bosses are still very challenging, but given time and a couple of more sequels, they'll be more manageable than they are now.

I think they're exactly where they need to be for bosses. I'm exceedingly horrible at fighting them but just means I need to get stronger and more patient x'D The only one I can beat right now is the Mysterious Figure....but he's pretty easy.

Edited by xoblivionx13

The optional bosses add replay value to the KH series, that is why I was disappointed when I found out that Julies was the only optional boss in 3D(evil Mickey theory?)

I love to beat the games around lvl 50 to 60 then replay it and gather all the Keyblades,Staffs and,shields.level up to level 80 to 100 then fight the secret bosses along the way, then I beat the game with the ultimate weapons so I can rape the final bosses.

I think my Favorite secret bosses were

1.Young Xehanort

2.Xemnas

3. KH1 Sephiroth  

Edited by MasterRoxas13

As long as they're worth it, I'll always try until I beat them. Collecting all of the Ansem Reports in KH1 was worth it to me. As long as they give me incentive like that, no boss is 'too hard'.