Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
liamaru

Am I the only one who isnt excited about Kairi?

i love kingdom hearts and im exited for 3 but kairi as a keyblade weilder? leaves a bad tast in my mouth i mean doing the whole final fantasy 10-2 thing again?if she was on her own maybe it wouldnt be a big deal but joining sora and riku (who have been sword fighting since before she even met sora an riku) and getting in thair way and ruining the atmosphere (what am i talking about? imagine kairi in the xemnas fight in kh 2)she just isnt the worrior type i thought she knew her place? what do u think back me up here guys

Edited by liamaru

The one thing I never wanted Kingdom Hearts 3 to be was more of the same predictable story-telling that didn't add anything, risk anything, or show deeper interaction between the characters. That's why I was so ecstatic when I saw Kairi in the secret ending of Kingdom Hearts 3D, I saw it as proof that Kingdom Hearts 3 would be taking things farther than any of the other games had.

What am I supposed to expect of Kairi at this point? Do you really expect me to WANT her to stay on that god-forsaken Island for another whole game? I'm excited for it, because we finally get to see her interact with the characters we've been told for so long are her best friends. We finally get to see more of what kind of person she actually is. Could any of that even have the potential to happen if she was trapped on that Island for the entirety of the next installment?

You make it sound like Kairi has no "place" in the majority of Kingdom Hearts at all. Do you really believe that shutting her out from all of the other characters is a good thing? Do you really want just more of the same? Well, I'm afraid I can't vouch for you there.

Javelin is going to absolutely freaking rip your entirety out of existance for the thread title alone. Stand by as we await the man whom you dare anger...But I'll start you off, I, myself, liking Kairi. She has shown she can be proficient in fighting, she is willing to help fight and protect Sora with her life it may seem(even though she doesn't show up in combat, she is seen going into the fight with Xemnas at the end of two and being there for nearly the entire battle like the rest of the group save Sora and Riku, and she tried protecting Sora from the other heartless in the end of 1 with her own body)and can wield a keyblade for starts. Yes, she doesn't have a lot of screentime, yes, she isn't powerful yet, but must that be an issue? KH3 may provide her with the powers she needs and same with Screentime. "Her place". Ugh, those words are near fowl enough to cast you down to the abyss of Atlantica KH2 style. Okay, so, we never see her training... Dose that mean she's not? She is(quite sadly) the more minor of our trio, rarely seeing the screen, but what goes on behind the screen is far from her just standing there waiting for her "hero's" to come home and make them sandwiches. And like Kittens noted, in the Manga she dose move about the castle unarmed, unaided, in a sense, dose a lot by herself. I'll leave the other holes for Javelin to get in and tell you where your wrong as well, but that is a chunk of what I think. 

Edited by Guest

For a KH secret ending, it wasn't all that exciting as I saw Kairi sooner or later going to properly use the Keyblade. (With training to get ready ASAP for KH 3) Although at the same time I was excited because at least it was a confirmation she will.

This is probably a horrible idea. We've had a million side/filler games already. But for all those that are really interested in Kairi being being a keyblade weilder, they should make another game with Riku (our new keyblade master) training Kairi to wield the keyblade. Maybe make some sort of plot point that she has to visit the original worlds of all of the princesses to ensure that they are safe and protected from this upcoming keyblade war. Explain to them that Should the 7 lights (keyblade wielders) fail, it is up to them to join together and do w.e they can to stop the thirteen darknesses. something along those lines. Anyway, it would be a good opportunity to see kairi fight, and at least learn to use the keyblade so that its more believable when KH3 comes along. and then we can get fighting with her out of our systems and not worry about it too much. Possibly see her two or three times throughout the game as she carries on her part of the mission.. idk..just a thought. plus it would hold us over until KH3 actually comes out. 

then again..putting any effort into this Kairi game would distract from KH3, and i dont want to wait any longer for it so....theres that

Well I don't care about Kairi. She should be training. But if she takes GoL or spotlight from Donald and Goofy, I will dislike her a lot. She's already a pure light. Donald and Goofy were the ones that helped Sora with every obstacle they been through in KH, KH:CoM, and KH 2. If anything they deserve it more than Riku.

And I went off topic.

Kairi should be training with Axel.

Well, I think its pretty good that Kairi is going to be a Keyblade wielder and perhaps a Keyblade Master despite she is one of the seven Princesses of Heart and despite she DID touched Aqua's Keyblade by accident.

To me as a grown woman and after hearing my dad talking to me about defending myself from predators  A LOT of times, this is a really good benefit for Kairi to at least learn how to defend herself properly since she a Princess and you got bad guys going after her and the other Princesses.  It would be best for her to have a weapon to kick some butt if needed.  

Personally, that whole "Damsel in Distress" thing is REALLY getting old. I rather see her whooping some Nort-butts then her staying in Destiny Islands, waiting and potentially getting captured again. 

I would like to see Kairi get involved with her keyblade as well. Though I don't think she'll have a major part in the final battle in KH3, I do think, and hope, that she will be doing something, and that we're gonna be seeing her training during Kh3 as well along with Lea, who has more fighting experience and hopefully will have a positive impact on her in learning how to fight.

Edit: Nevermind, she's definitely going to be one of the 7 GoL. I slightly thought it before, but now I'm sure especially after seeing the KH3D secret ending. I'm now sure it's going to be Mickey, Sora, Riku, Lea, Ventus, Aqua, and Kairi.

Edited by XxJIBYxX

I think it really depends on where the series decides to take this.  If they should end up giving Kairi a great deal of development throughout making her a Keyblade wielder then that's great, but if she remains the flat'ish character she is I too agree that her addition in the main cast will only hurt and not help the game.  At this point we've really seen so little of Kairi, and what we have seen is the typical school girl with no real unique personality to speak of.  If she's like this, and we have to play as her a lot, I might cringe a little.

Well I don't care about Kairi. She should be training. But if she takes GoL or spotlight from Donald and Goofy, I will dislike her a lot. She's already a pure light. Donald and Goofy were the ones that helped Sora with every obstacle they been through in KH, KH:CoM, and KH 2. If anything they deserve it more than Riku.And I went off topic.Kairi should be training with Axel.

*cough* Lea *cough* And plus, I'm pretty sure you have to be a keyblade wielder to be a GoL, Donald and Goofy may be there beside Sora in the final fight, but most likely not as GoL. And in rebuttal to the "but Braig and Isa don't have keyblades" argument, remember Xehanort is putting some of himself inside each of them, so they will most likely be getting a keyblade from that. Nonetheless, I don't think she will be a GoL anywho, but will have some sort of role in the final fight.

Edit: Nevermind, she's definitely going to be one of the 7 GoL. I slightly thought it before, but now I'm sure especially after seeing the KH3D secret ending. I'm now sure it's going to be Mickey, Sora, Riku, Lea, Ventus, Aqua, and Kairi.

Edited by XxJIBYxX

*cough* Lea *cough* And plus, I'm pretty sure you have to be a keyblade wielder to be a GoL, Donald and Goofy may be there beside Sora in the final fight, but most likely not as GoL. And in rebuttal to the "but Braig and Isa don't have keyblades" argument, remember Xehanort is putting some of himself inside each of them, so they will most likely be getting a keyblade from that. Nonetheless, I don't think she will be a GoL anywho, but will have some sort of role in the final fight.

Nomura has already mentioned that they don't HAVE to be keyblade wielders.Even donald and goofy could be lights .He said we would be surprised at who they are .So you never know ...

I saw the name "Kairi" and came running.

There is nothing I can do to save your existance.

Javelin inbound. People, I suggest you take cover.

Javelin is going to absolutely freaking rip your entirety out of existance for the thread title alone. Stand by as we await the man whom you dare anger...

But I'll start you off, I, myself, liking Kairi. She has shown she can be proficient in fighting, she is willing to help fight and protect Sora with her life it may seem(even though she doesn't show up in combat, she is seen going into the fight with Xemnas at the end of two and being there for nearly the entire battle like the rest of the group save Sora and Riku, and she tried protecting Sora from the other heartless in the end of 1 with her own body)and can wield a keyblade for starts. Yes, she doesn't have a lot of screentime, yes, she isn't powerful yet, but must that be an issue? KH3 may provide her with the powers she needs and same with Screentime. "Her place". Ugh, those words are near fowl enough to cast you down to the abyss of Atlantica KH2 style. Okay, so, we never see her training... Dose that mean she's not? She is(quite sadly) the more minor of our trio, rarely seeing the screen, but what goes on behind the screen is far from her just standing there waiting for her "hero's" to come home and make them sandwiches. And like Kittens noted, in the Manga she dose move about the castle unarmed, unaided, in a sense, dose a lot by herself. I'll leave the other holes for Javelin to get in and tell you where your wrong as well, but that is a chunk of what I think.

I saw the name "Javelin" and needed to like these quotes.

And for like the third/fourth time, I will post my argument about this on these forums. I think my argument is special because it portrays both sides AND agrees Kairi should wield.

When Kairi was confirmed to start wielding a keyblade, I was upset at first. This is mainly because Kairi has always been associated with Destiny Islands, she was always the home to go back to.She was what Sora and Riku had to go back to. She was their motivation to make it back, and I worried they wouldnt have the desire to go back if she wasnt there. (They almost didnt even go back in KH2). I was also upset because Kairi is light, shes a Princess of Heart. She was a damsel in distress (No offense Kairi) When I think of Sora, I think of his journey to find his friends. When I think of Riku, I see his journey to fight the darkness. I didn't want her to also share the struggles that wielding a keyblade can bring, all kidnapping aside. And yeah, fighting was always Sora and Riku's thing. Say the fight with Xemnas, it wouldnt have been the same if Kairi was there. Kairi isn't a fighter, not yet. In fact I read a fanfiction that tells Kairi's pov of the KH series, and many times she mentions 'I'm not a fighter". Of course it is a fanfiction, and not credible, and there was a lot of things I didnt agree with in it anyways.

Also, even though I support Lea and Kairi getting keyblades, I was also happy they didn't have one before. I am tired of all the characters needing to have a keyblade to be special. They were important characters even without a keyblade, so Square really needs to stop handing the keyblades out in cereal boxes. I remember in BBS Lea says something like "You playing with your swords? That's cute. Check out these" and I was like "Way to go Lea! Represent being cool without a keyblade!"

However, being that I love Kairi, I'm willing to support her in keyblade wielding. Think about it in her pov, do you want to sit on the sidelines and watch your friends fight for their lives, and yours? Nope. Everybody said she didn't do anything, and now she is trying to do something. And it's because she really wants to defend herself and her friends Kairi is so caring <3. Kairi is an important character, and she always will be, keyblade or not, but I think we can agree she is important enough to be worthy of giving a keyblade, compared to someone like, the kid in Traverse Town near the lamp post.

Besides, imagine how cool it would be for Sora to come in doing all of his basic normal but powerful attacks, and then he's got Riku on his right doing dark attacks, and Kairi on his left doing light attacks. That would be so cool! <3

Plus Kairi will always be a beautiful princess to me.

Edited by XxBlossomingNobodyxX

I was upset at First her coming and training just seems unnecessary. Anywho Kairi is a plot device, I'm pretty sure she's there just to get kidnapped and keep the plot moving nothing more.I just don't get why she had to get a key blade? she's just going to get in the way anyway

She had to get a keyblade because they decided they wanted her to have a keyblade. I'd say, you're blowing it a liiiitttle out of proportion. 

I really didn't care for Kairi the whole series and I never wanted her to play a bigger role in KH3 because... well, in my eyes she, as a character, was just there.

But I'm going into Kingdom Hearts 3 completely open-minded. Maybe she will take the game to the next level, who knows :D