Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
liamaru

Am I the only one who isnt excited about Kairi?

Besides, it wouldn't look right if she wasn't part of the 7 lights to fight against the 13 darknesses. One of the princesses of heart ISN'T one of the heroes of light? What?

Well with this logic we may as well let the other 6 PoH have Keyblades as well.

The Disney characters, other than Mickey, don't count in the same logic. Although given the fact that they're practically giving out Keyblades nowadays, that doesn't sound entirely too far-fetched. I'm just saying that it wouldn't make sense for Kairi, one of the main characters and a being of pure light, to NOT be able to hold her own against the bad guys.

Edited by Kaweebo

The Disney characters, other than Mickey, don't count in the same logic. Although given the fact that they're practically giving out Keyblades nowadays, that doesn't sound entirely too far-fetched. I'm just saying that it wouldn't make sense for Kairi, one of the main characters and a being of pure light, to NOT be able to hold her own against the bad guys.

I understand, but she shouldn't be able to hold her own against an Xehanort. She has no skill compared to Xehanort. She needs training. By the end of KH3 she should be almost as powerful as KH Sora. If any Xehanort loses to her, I will laugh at them for being so weak.

Thank you ! I'm sooo quota for now :(    Sorry but I will have to strongly disagree . Like i said - proof is in the games themselves . Every version of him has failed. That's a pretty horrible track record . However , he is persistent . That doesn't make him all powerful though.   No he hasn't . Playing with wooden swords as a kid is NOT proper keyblade training . Not the same weapon at all and nothing ever was at stake .Sorry but your logic is very flawed if not missing altogether .

in hollow bastion didnt sora kill heartless with this so called toy? in the manga didnt sora say on page 42 that hes been sword fighting with riku which enables him to beat the darkside? it may be a wooden sword and the wepon may be a key blade but a swords a sword am i right?

I understand, but she shouldn't be able to hold her own against an Xehanort. She has no skill compared to Xehanort. She needs training. By the end of KH3 she should be almost as powerful as KH Sora. If any Xehanort loses to her, I will laugh at them for being so weak.

Of course. That's why it's going to take a whole team of 7. I wouldn't think Kairi could survive by herself.

in hollow bastion didnt sora kill heartless with this so called toy? in the manga didnt sora say on page 42 that hes been sword fighting with riku which enables him to beat the darkside? it may be a wooden sword and the wepon may be a key blade but a swords a sword am i right?

I don't know about you, but I've never defeated a single Heartless with the wooden sword. It takes too long and I usually just get the Beast to do it. That's more of a personal playthrough type thing, rather than set-in-stone canon. 

As for your other point, you've got me there, but that isn't really canon, either. Not to the games, anyway. In the CoM manga, Namine gets stabbed by Marluxia's thorns and survives somehow. They're their own thing, really. 

Edited by Kaweebo

You do realize the PoH are all parts of the Xblade from when it was split into 20 pieces- 7 light ( the PoH's ) and 13 darknesses? It wouldn't be a reach for this to happen. Not saying it would though .The whole role of them is to protect the light and KH though. 

Manga is not canon for starters .The keyblade is a much more diverse weapon with a much stronger strength and sword fighting once in awhile as a kid doesn't equal keyblade experience. Technically you can use other weapons to kill heartless but that doesn't mean they are the same. 

in the end a key blade is a sword and sora uses it in the same fasion as the wooden sword

do you hear yourselves? how can you say the mangas not canon ? that would defeat the purpose of the manga not to mention its done my shiro amana( final fantasy artist) and tetsuya nomura sensei look it up

Edited by Shana09

in the end a key blade is a sword and sora uses it in the same fasion as the wooden sword

No it is not .Period . There is a reason it's known as the strongest weapon in the KH universe and what it can do is nothing like a freaking wooden sword. If that was the case everyone could just use wooden swords to fight with and keyblades would mean nothing . Why else do you think despite all the cool weapons the org had they all coveted the keyblade ?

do you hear yourselves? how can you say the mangas not canon ? that would defeat the purpose of the manga not to mention its done my shiro amana( final fantasy artist) and tetsuya nomura sensei look it up

Because it's canon FACT that manga is not canon - Nomura himself said this . It doesn't always follow in game plot points and sometimes even contradicts it . Novels are even more canon bc they follow in game plot closer and even then they aren't canon . If Nomura even confirms they aren't canon they aren't canon .Period .

Because they aren't canon. 

Edited by Megaman X

His fighting style is the same whether with a wooden sword or a Keyblade and he can still use magic without it. It's like Harry Potter and his wand. He doesn't need it to fight, but it does make his efforts more effective.

On a side note, Donald's Limit in KH2 is quite powerful.

Edited by The Rocky Shoe

sora had 10 years of experience with the wooden sword along with riku

I disagree. You can't compare playing with a toy to fighting against monsters. That is like comparing playing with a toy car to driving a real car.

In this thread, people will argue that they give keyblades away like candy when it's suppose to be special  but then turn around and act like a wooden sword can easily do the job as well. firetruck logic.

Posted Image

Why do people think Kairi deserves to be a GoL more than Donald and Goofy? I don't dislike her, but I hate characters who gets an easy VIP before others who work their butts off to get where they are. Kairi should be doing what Roxas and KH Sora did: defeat boss Hearless not just straight up fight an Xehanort. That'll be stupid.

Edited by The Rocky Shoe

No it is not .Period . There is a reason it's known as the strongest weapon in the KH universe and what it can do is nothing like a freaking wooden sword. If that was the case everyone could just use wooden swords to fight with and keyblades would mean nothing . Why else do you think despite all the cool weapons the org had they all coveted the keyblade ?   Because it's canon FACT that manga is not canon - Nomura himself said this . It doesn't always follow in game plot points and sometimes even contradicts it . Novels are even more canon bc they follow in game plot closer and even then they aren't canonPeriod .

youve completely missunderstood what ive seid! i didnt say the wooden sword is as powerfull as the key blade i seid there both swords and sora uses them in the sama style on a further note lets forget the manga for a sec in hollow bastion u still kill heartless with the wooden sword

Why don't these people just say, "she'll be able to defeat Boss Heartless". It makes more sense to me than, "After < 3 months worth of training you're suddenly able to go with the others that are way out of your league to fight the hardest thing even they have ever fought."

Why do people think Kairi deserves to be a GoL more than Donald and Goofy? I don't dislike her, but I hate characters who gets an easy VIP before others who work their butts off to get where they are. Kairi should be doing what Roxas and KH Sora did: defeat boss Hearless not just straight up fight an Xehanort. That'll be stupid.

No one said she was a definite GoL ( although DDD secret ending and Nomura himself have strongly hinted this ). Nor do i think she's gonna take on Xehanort alone . I am saying  she's more important than she's given credit for and should be given the chance to help fight before people trash her .

youve completely missunderstood what ive seid! i didnt say the wooden sword is as powerfull as the key blade i seid there both swords and sora uses them in the sama style on a further note lets forget the manga for a sec in hollow bastion u still kill heartless with the wooden sword

So does Donald and goofy with their equipment but that doesn't equal the power and needed skill a keyblade can give .Totally different weapon period.

Posted Image

LOLOLOLOL

No one said she was a definite GoL ( although DDD secret ending and Nomura himself have strongly hinted this ). Nor do i think she's gonna take on Xehanort alone . I am saying she's more important than she's given credit for and should be given the chance to help fight before people trash her.So does Donald and goofy with their equipment but that doesn't equal the power and needed skill a keyblade can give .Totally different weapon period.LOLOLOLOL

To me that just hinted she will train to use the Keyblade. Also she'll most likely be in the way if she fought along with them. At most she should keep the Heartless away from them while they take on Xehanort.Also I bet if Donald and Goofy had Keyblades they would be better than Kairi. Edited by The Rocky Shoe

To me that just hinted she will train to use the Keyblade. Also she'll most likely be in the way if she fought along with them. At most she should keep the Heartless away from them while they take on Xehanort.

Maybe or maybe not . The  title alone says it plus this is what Nomura said too :

— Are the 7 Guardians of Light the 7 people raising their Keyblades at the end of the opening movie?

Nomura: But among them, you’re missing Kairi, who appeared in the secret ending of this title. Please look forward to finding out whether those seven will actually be the 7 Guardians of Light.

Was Xion in the way ? She learned to use it quite well. Heck they made Xion and threw her right into killing heartless. She did fine . Sora got thrown into it too with no experience in KH1..Like I said, I think she should be given the chance to help fight along the others but it doesn't mean she will overtake them in skill. But to trash the character and whine that she has a keyblade and shouldn't help fight is ridiculous ( saying she'd be in the way ) when there is a chance for her to actually become more of a help in KH3

Maybe or maybe not . The  title alone says it plus this is what Nomura said too : — Are the 7 Guardians of Light the 7 people raising their Keyblades at the end of the opening movie?Nomura: But among them, you’re missing Kairi, who appeared in the secret ending of this title. Please look forward to finding out whether those seven will actually be the 7 Guardians of Light. Was Xion in the way ? She learned to use it quite well. Heck they made Xion and threw her right into killing heartless. She did fine . Sora got thrown into it too with no experience in KH1..Like I said, I think she should be given the chance to help fight along the others but it doesn't mean she will overtake them in skill. But to trash the character and whine that she has a keyblade and shouldn't help fight is ridiculous ( saying she'd be in the way ) when there is a chance for her to actually become more of a help in KH3

I just think that she shouldn't be taking on Xehanort so soon. I think she should just take on Heartless bosses. They're still powerful but not nearly the level of Xehanort. Xion and Roxas had a year and Kairi has less than a month.

I just think that she shouldn't be taking on Xehanort so soon. I think she should just take on Heartless bosses. They're still powerful but not nearly the level of Xehanort. Xion and Roxas had a year and Kairi has less than a month.

Well they have Merlin and his special time chamber to help speed training along more in this type of situation if needed and if they could use it with Lea there isn't a reason they couldn't help train Kairi more in it.  Roxas was like a zombie when he was born and learned to fight right away just like Xion had to learn to fight right away. They had to defeat strong heartless from the start .Also , her helping fight in any way whether it's heartless bosses or a Nort will be contributing to helping fight this oncoming battle with Xehanort. No one said she would overshadow anyone else . She just deserves the chance to help do her part and not sit back and watch others fight.

I was upset at First her coming and training just seems unnecessary. Anywho Kairi is a plot device, I'm pretty sure she's there just to get kidnapped and keep the plot moving nothing more.I just don't get why she had to get a key blade? she's just going to get in the way anyway

I dont really see how shes going to get in the way? Ofc shes going to train with the keyblade first its not like shes just gona get one and get put straight into a battle against Xehanort or something....

Personally im very excited! Kairis one of my favortie characters and i cant wait to see her in the action with Sora and the others :)