Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
liamaru

Am I the only one who isnt excited about Kairi?

Well they have Merlin and his special time chamber to help speed training along more in this type of situation if needed and if they could use it with Lea there isn't a reason they couldn't help train Kairi more in it.  Roxas was like a zombie when he was born and learned to fight right away just like Xion had to learn to fight right away. They had to defeat strong heartless from the start .Also , her helping fight in any way whether it's heartless bosses or a Nort will be contributing to helping fight this oncoming battle with Xehanort. No one said she would overshadow anyone else . She just deserves the chance to help do her part and not sit back and watch others fight.

I'm fine with this.

In this thread, people will argue that they give keyblades away like candy when it's suppose to be special  but then turn around and act like a wooden sword can easily do the job as well. firetruck logic.

Maybe or maybe not . The  title alone says it plus this is what Nomura said too : — Are the 7 Guardians of Light the 7 people raising their Keyblades at the end of the opening movie?Nomura: But among them, you’re missing Kairi, who appeared in the secret ending of this title. Please look forward to finding out whether those seven will actually be the 7 Guardians of Light. Was Xion in the way ? She learned to use it quite well. Heck they made Xion and threw her right into killing heartless. She did fine . Sora got thrown into it too with no experience in KH1..Like I said, I think she should be given the chance to help fight along the others but it doesn't mean she will overtake them in skill. But to trash the character and whine that she has a keyblade and shouldn't help fight is ridiculous ( saying she'd be in the way ) when there is a chance for her to actually become more of a help in KH3

Flaming Lea.I nearly broke my phone trying to like your posts.Javelin and myself thank you <3

ok let me end this now in DETAIL first ill start with sora it may be true that sora has been sword training with riku for the past 10 years and it may not be proper keyblade training but at least he got the gist of how to use a sword aka the keyblade as did riku they were both very competitive which is why they became so strong they both have had thair problems with darkness that they overcame as they went from world to world they both grew stronger and more experienced they've defeated countless heartless and powerful oponents even in sleep sora grew strong through roxas and xion sora according to the manual has a the personality of a tipical brave hero while riku is mature cool and collected there waay out of kairy legue there elite they can slice buildings in half and fly.kairy may train and mybe even grow strong as kairy grows strong riku and sora grow even stronger. as long as she dosnt get in thair way or disrupt thair teamwork ill be good but how can she expect to help them kill xehanort is beond me

ok let me end this now in DETAIL first ill start with sora it may be true that sora has been sword training with riku for the past 10 years and it may not be proper keyblade training but at least he got the gist of how to use a sword aka the keyblade as did riku they were both very competitive which is why they became so strong they both have had thair problems with darkness that they overcame as they went from world to world they both grew stronger and more experienced they've defeated countless heartless and powerful oponents even in sleep sora grew strong through roxas and xion sora according to the manual has a the personality of a tipical brave hero while riku is mature cool and collected there waay out of kairy legue there elite they can slice buildings in half and fly.kairy may train and mybe even grow strong as kairy grows strong riku and sora grow even stronger. as long as she dosnt get in thair way or disrupt thair teamwork ill be good but how can she expect to help them kill xehanort is beond me

How about trying to use some punctuation and better grammar? It doesn't have to be perfect, but just try to make it more readable . Like I mentioned, Roxas was born a "zombie" and learned and Xion was also thrown in with no training and they both did just fine . She might not become the best wielder of all time in the shorter amount of time she has to train , but i'm sure she can at least learn to defend herself better and help her friends fight this oncoming battle instead of sitting on the sidelines.

Edited by Flaming Lea

How about trying to use some punctuation and better grammar? It doesn't have to be perfect, but just try to make it more readable . Like I mentioned, Roxas was born a "zombie" and learned and Xion was also thrown in with no training and they both did just fine . She might not become the best wielder of all time in the shorter amount of time she has to train , but i'm sure she can at least learn to defend herself better and help her friends fight this oncoming battle instead of sitting on the sidelines.

May I just ask why u must with the grammar thing?

I'll just wait till KH3 comes out to whether be shocked, angry, happy, or sad about Donald and Goofy's position in KH3. I swear if Kairi cause some BS for Donald & Goofy in any way, I'll make some rants on here and Kairi will be my #1 hated character of KH. But if she causes a positive, she'll be on my likable KH character list.

yeah my grammer wasbad so i could fit more words into the passage sorry about that anyhow that's what im getting at kairy cannot defeat xehanort wihen she has not even had a keyblade for a month while sora and riku have had theres for some and were natural born fighters who learned to use the keyblade on there own which is impressive according to yen sid

yeah my grammer wasbad so i could fit more words into the passage sorry about that anyhow that's what im getting at kairy cannot defeat xehanort wihen she has not even had a keyblade for a month while sora and riku have had theres for some and were natural born fighters who learned to use the keyblade on there own which is impressive according to yen sid

It's cool . It was just hard on my eyes :)  Anyways, I agree Sora and Riku are very impressive . I'm just saying Kairi just deserves a chance to help fight before people bash her so harshly .KH3 is her chance and lets see what she can do first .

Why does every one just assume that she'll be fighting with brute force the way Riku and Sora does? Its very possible that she could have a special magical ability b/c she is a Princess of heart , or maybe her role will be more story driven than action driven.. 

Why does every one just assume that she'll be fighting with brute force the way Riku and Sora does? Its very possible that she could have a special magical ability b/c she is a Princess of heart , or maybe her role will be more story driven than action driven.. 

First impressions. They're very hard to shake off. Especially when you think you're right. 

Maybe because it mentions that she's going to be a KEYBLADE Master? ...DUH? :/

It's cool . It was just hard on my eyes :)  Anyways, I agree Sora and Riku are very impressive . I'm just saying Kairi just deserves a chance to help fight before people bash her so harshly .KH3 is her chance and lets see what she can do first .

ill give kairi a chance but i just dont want her to kill the mood when it comes to fights for instence when sora fought xemnas alone it was too awesome when he fought back to back it made history i mean like 2 rivals who are best freinds whove known each other thair whole life come together to defeat the enemy since they've spared together everyday there familiar with eachothers fighting style now if kairi ruins this ill be very sad, anoyed dissapointed you name it its like if goku and vegeta are fighting and bulma tries to fight itll ruin the awesomeness right? thats all im sayin ill give kairi a chance

Maybe because it mentions that she's going to be a KEYBLADE Master? ...DUH? :/

You can do more with a keyblade than just hit stuff. It would be kinda dumb to go from completely sitting on the side lines to having amazing swordsmen skills, so maybe shes more of a magical kind of fighter. She IS being trained by Merlin right?

Ok. I'm gonna be ser - firetruck that.

Kairi won't be in Sora's way.

She won't be in D&Gs way.

So for the love of unfrosted strawberry poptarts fresh from a reheating device STOP YOUR GOSH DAMN FANRANTING ABOUT HOW YOUR CHARS SHOULDNT BE AFFECTED BECAUSE OD ANOTHER.

Imm seeing WAH WAH WAH SHE WILL BREAK THE EPIC DUO and WAH WAH WAH SHE MIGHTSTEAL DONALD ANS GOOFYS SPOTLIGHT.

I'm the No 1 Xion fan here, and you don't see me acting like that. Everyone has their place in the damn story. Jow sit down, shut up, and stop driving me crazy.

*Kairi Post Detected*

Man oh man, talk about a field day...

lol Kairi stays in the island like a bitch people complain Kairi goes out and helps, people still complain 

Thank you for bringing to light the sheer stupidity of fan logic

Kairi's beautiful. 

Beat me to it xD

The one thing I never wanted Kingdom Hearts 3 to be was more of the same predictable story-telling that didn't add anything, risk anything, or show deeper interaction between the characters. That's why I was so ecstatic when I saw Kairi in the secret ending of Kingdom Hearts 3D, I saw it as proof that Kingdom Hearts 3 would be taking things farther than any of the other games had.

What am I supposed to expect of Kairi at this point? Do you really expect me to WANT her to stay on that god-forsaken Island for another whole game? I'm excited for it, because we finally get to see her interact with the characters we've been told for so long are her best friends. We finally get to see more of what kind of person she actually is. Could any of that even have the potential to happen if she was trapped on that Island for the entirety of the next installment?

You make it sound like Kairi has no "place" in the majority of Kingdom Hearts at all. Do you really believe that shutting her out from all of the other characters is a good thing? Do you really want just more of the same? Well, I'm afraid I can't vouch for you there.

She has shown she can be proficient in fighting, she is willing to help fight and protect Sora with her life it may seem(even though she doesn't show up in combat, she is seen going into the fight with Xemnas at the end of two and being there for nearly the entire battle like the rest of the group save Sora and Riku, and she tried protecting Sora from the other heartless in the end of 1 with her own body)and can wield a keyblade for starts. Yes, she doesn't have a lot of screentime, yes, she isn't powerful yet, but must that be an issue? KH3 may provide her with the powers she needs and same with Screentime. "Her place". Ugh, those words are near fowl enough to cast you down to the abyss of Atlantica KH2 style. Okay, so, we never see her training... Dose that mean she's not? She is(quite sadly) the more minor of our trio, rarely seeing the screen, but what goes on behind the screen is far from her just standing there waiting for her "hero's" to come home and make them sandwiches. And like Kittens noted, in the Manga she dose move about the castle unarmed, unaided, in a sense, dose a lot by herself. 

Well, I think its pretty good that Kairi is going to be a Keyblade wielder and perhaps a Keyblade Master despite she is one of the seven Princesses of Heart and despite she DID touched Aqua's Keyblade by accident.

To me as a grown woman and after hearing my dad talking to me about defending myself from predators  A LOT of times, this is a really good benefit for Kairi to at least learn how to defend herself properly since she a Princess and you got bad guys going after her and the other Princesses.  It would be best for her to have a weapon to kick some butt if needed.  

Personally, that whole "Damsel in Distress" thing is REALLY getting old. I rather see her whooping some Nort-butts then her staying in Destiny Islands, waiting and potentially getting captured again. 

Back you up?  On what reasoning?  Your reasoning (and, for that matter, your spelling and grammar) seems to boil down to "Waaah kairis gona get in da way what a bitch how dare she be useful and ruin thingz!!!"

I'm getting sick and tired of people bitching that she doesn't do anything and then bitch at the idea that she would fight and be made more prominent in KH3. Btw if you have paid any attention to the plot , Kairi is important just not in the ways some people dwell on . She was the one who rescued/helped Sora as a heartless and turned him back into human form and her connection to him as strengthened him throughout many hard moments for him . Now that she has an actual chance at fighting with her keyblade as well I would give her a chance before knocking her.

I was upset at First her coming and training just seems unnecessary. Anywho Kairi is a plot device, I'm pretty sure she's there just to get kidnapped and keep the plot moving nothing more.
I just don't get why she had to get a key blade? she's just going to get in the way anyway

I saw the name "Kairi" and came running.

I saw the name "Javelin" and needed to like these quotes.

And for like the third/fourth time, I will post my argument about this on these forums. I think my argument is special because it portrays both sides AND agrees Kairi should wield.

When Kairi was confirmed to start wielding a keyblade, I was upset at first. This is mainly because Kairi has always been associated with Destiny Islands, she was always the home to go back to.She was what Sora and Riku had to go back to. She was their motivation to make it back, and I worried they wouldnt have the desire to go back if she wasnt there. (They almost didnt even go back in KH2). I was also upset because Kairi is light, shes a Princess of Heart. She was a damsel in distress (No offense Kairi) When I think of Sora, I think of his journey to find his friends. When I think of Riku, I see his journey to fight the darkness. I didn't want her to also share the struggles that wielding a keyblade can bring, all kidnapping aside. And yeah, fighting was always Sora and Riku's thing. Say the fight with Xemnas, it wouldnt have been the same if Kairi was there. Kairi isn't a fighter, not yet. In fact I read a fanfiction that tells Kairi's pov of the KH series, and many times she mentions 'I'm not a fighter". Of course it is a fanfiction, and not credible, and there was a lot of things I didnt agree with in it anyways.

Also, even though I support Lea and Kairi getting keyblades, I was also happy they didn't have one before. I am tired of all the characters needing to have a keyblade to be special. They were important characters even without a keyblade, so Square really needs to stop handing the keyblades out in cereal boxes. I remember in BBS Lea says something like "You playing with your swords? That's cute. Check out these" and I was like "Way to go Lea! Represent being cool without a keyblade!"

However, being that I love Kairi, I'm willing to support her in keyblade wielding. Think about it in her pov, do you want to sit on the sidelines and watch your friends fight for their lives, and yours? Nope. Everybody said she didn't do anything, and now she is trying to do something. And it's because she really wants to defend herself and her friends Kairi is so caring <3. Kairi is an important character, and she always will be, keyblade or not, but I think we can agree she is important enough to be worthy of giving a keyblade, compared to someone like, the kid in Traverse Town near the lamp post.

Besides, imagine how cool it would be for Sora to come in doing all of his basic normal but powerful attacks, and then he's got Riku on his right doing dark attacks, and Kairi on his left doing light attacks. That would be so cool! <3

Plus Kairi will always be a beautiful princess to me.

Ok. She can have an important role. Just don't give her a bigger role than Donald and Goofy.

10 years? If you're counting the ten years they dueled with wooden swords, that's not even remotely the same thing. What they fought were a child's battles. Fun. Practice. That is not the same as fighting monsters. True, they still have more experience than her, but not 10 years worth! Selphie fought with a friggin' jumprope for crissake. 

As for your second question, yes. I absolutely do. Sora did at 14. What image are you talking about? They were all children when this stuff started. Do you mean as a princess of light? I think that only applies to the Disney princesses, not to an OC that's part of the main storyline. Not to mention that she's connected to Xion, an incredibly powerful (fake) Keyblade wielder. 

I'm just saying. If Aqua and Xion can do it, why not Kairi? 

A lot of people have already stated my opinions and viewpoint on this, so I'll just quote them. When I'm finally thinking straight, then I'll open my mouth and voice my personal opinion.

&nbsp;

Ok. I'm gonna be ser - firetruck that.Kairi won't be in Sora's way.She won't be in D&amp;Gs way.So for the love of unfrosted strawberry poptarts fresh from a reheating device STOP YOUR GOSH DAMN FANRANTING ABOUT HOW YOUR CHARS SHOULDNT BE AFFECTED BECAUSE OD ANOTHER.Imm seeing WAH WAH WAH SHE WILL BREAK THE EPIC DUO and WAH WAH WAH SHE MIGHTSTEAL DONALD ANS GOOFYS SPOTLIGHT.I'm the No 1 Xion fan here, and you don't see me acting like that. Everyone has their place in the damn story. Jow sit down, shut up, and stop driving me crazy.

&nbsp; but she started it! lol Edited by liamaru