Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shard the Gentleman

What happens after you die?

The idea of going to heaven after I die is very entertaining, but I've started to believe that less and less. The heaven I want is full of sin, so I'd probably be sent to Hell. But indulging in sin would make me happy, and I don't think that's the point. Most days I think once I die that is it, nothing else. And I'm fine with that, I wouldn't know any different anyway if I die and that's what happens.

But can you really imagine not being here? I mean, it's a weird thought. Like, just emptiness?

But can you really imagine not being here? I mean, it's a weird thought. Like, just emptiness?

Yeah I can imagine that, it doesn't bother me at all. If I live a successful life and have done what I've wanted to do, I will go willingly. I wouldn't want another reason to stay. And if when I die my soul/spirit/mind/whatever you want to call it stops existing, there won't be emptiness, it will just disappear

Yeah I can imagine that, it doesn't bother me at all. If I live a successful life and have done what I've wanted to do, I will go willingly. I wouldn't want another reason to stay. And if when I die my soul/spirit/mind/whatever you want to call it stops existing, there won't be emptiness, it will just disappear

Exactly, it just disappears! I'm not saying it should bother you or you should be afraid, I just find it impossible. I mean, to me, I've never NOT been here, so not being here is weird, we won't exist, meaning we see nothing, or we ARE nothing? and if we ARE nothing, then what is that?

Exactly, it just disappears! I'm not saying it should bother you or you should be afraid, I just find it impossible. I mean, to me, I've never NOT been here, so not being here is weird, we won't exist, meaning we see nothing, or we ARE nothing? and if we ARE nothing, then what is that?

Well, let's look at Lala's point from the sciencey side of things. What are you? You are nerves and connections whose activity ceases when your heart stops beating. They stop working, and since consciousness isn't tangible, it just isn't there anymore. It makes plenty of sense scientifically. 

I'd like to think hell isn't an option.

But I had an interesting dream about God in a room that was like a castle palice/hotel and me and riku and some lost boy i guess from peter pan cept minus his costume were there.

And he was going to look over the 'light' and 'darkness' in our hearts.

If the light was strong enouth, i guess, we could all go to heaven.

If the dark was stronger....well......he might send us somewhere else. But i think it would still be peaceful (likely gloomy tho i duno).

I doubt it'd be hell.

I'd like to think God isn't a cruel bully who causes eternal suffering </3

My dream actually was very khish and riku was in it lolol <3. Figured it'd be worth mensioning in this thread.

Also, apperently, Riku's 'organiztion coat' self was the self God wanted to see.

hmn.

Edited by ~DawnStar2004~

Well there are several different theories that I've heard through out my life.

One coming from my mom's boss. He believes that once you die, you just die and that's that. No heaven. No hell. Just eternal sleep.

When I was younger, I heard that the earth goes through a cycle. That once you die, and the end of the world comes along, then the world resets and everything that's ever happened, happens again. A never ending cycle.

Now what I think happens, and I know a lot of people think the same, is that you die, and your spirit is reborn into the world as a new person. I think this goes for a bunch of creatures on earth. Cats, dogs...you name it, and I'll say it gets reborn after death.

I believe that as you get close to dying, time slows down. Slows down so much that you can experience an entire lifetime in a few seconds. During this time we can do a number of things: relive our memories, have an "afterlife", have a new life. If we learn how to control our subconscious mind I believe that death can be pleasant... So, for me, what happens "after you die" isn't a very important question, as what happens in the few seconds before brain death is more important. As for what happens after, I don't know, as we can only observe the pre-death experiences.

I believe that when you die, you die. Nothing else. Your body ceases to live and your spirit goes away.After death, however, I believe that after the governments of man turn on religion, God will intervene and destroy wicked mankind. He will then turn the world into a paradise earth and make humans perfect again. From there, the dead are resurrected. First, the people from the Bible, then the rest from there.

God is loving and remembers every person who has ever lived and everyone gets a second chance (except those who were extreme opposers of the servants of God), as God is now judging humanity on the scale of what they would be like as perfect beings without sinful tendencies. Pretty much everyone who ever lived and died gets to come back and live life the way God always intended for humanity.(Believe me, my beliefs sound crazy, but it's all there in the last book of the Holy Bible, Revelation. Read it, it's a nice trek in the woods.)

Look,noone has died and come back to world apart from Jesus Himself. Greek region supports that when people die ,their body disappears and their soul is set free  as the human is made out of "mud" and "soul". This is actually mentioned in the book of Genesis.

Look,noone has died and come back to world apart from Jesus Himself. Greek region supports that when people die ,their body disappears and their soul is set free  as the human is made out of "mud" and "soul". This is actually mentioned in the book of Genesis.

I have personally seen someone die right in front of me. Those were the worst few minutes of my life. She was brought back, fortunately.

Want my answer for it? We die. Our phisical body breaks down after its sustained too much ware, we go on, we die. After that it's up to you. If in the string theory on the alternate universes theory is correct, and that there is a universe for everything that can or has ever happen, as well as will, then therefor a god dose and dose not exist at the same time. Gods and no gods. Spirits and no spirits. If you want it to be the end of your journey through existance, you just sleep in your human shell till your soul's fire burns out. If your not done yet in life, you reincarnate. If you believe in a god or gods, you will flow to their judgement. It's up to you to go where you need to.

I have personally seen someone die right in front of me. Those were the worst few minutes of my life. She was brought back, fortunately.

If they were saved, then they weren't actually dead. A dead body cannot be reanimated; it has never happened.

If they were saved, then they weren't actually dead. A dead body cannot be reanimated; it has never happened.

I'm not sure how much you know about medical procedures, but why do you think that doctors immediately get to work on a patient when their heart stops? Their heart stopped--they're dead. But through techniques like CPR and whatever those electro-shock things are called, they restart the heart. Of course, it doesn't always work, but when it does, the person's clearly alive again. It won't work after a very very short period of time because important parts of the body start to die off. But technically yeah, a "dead" person can be "brought back". That's got nothing to do with religion or anything, it's just science. (which if y'all haven't noticed, is how I come to all of these conclusions)

We've all heard stories of people whose heart stops beating, and send them to the morgue, and they "wake up"I've clearly made a mistake when I created this topic.Nothing good comes out of this.

Edited by Admiral Antoine

Some people consider a person dead when they are brain dead, however their heart is still beating. Others think of putrefaction as the point where a person is actually dead. And then most think of a person as dead when their heart stops pumping blood.

My great-uncle "died" twice and came back to life both times, I think he said that all he saw was black.

If you define death as no hope of the person ever having consciousness again in their human body. Then there are many theories of what happens after death. And there are many claimed experiences of NDE where the person "died" and came back. I believe some are nothingness, others are versions of hell, heaven, or various other experiences. But again they are claims. Also even if you have a spirit and it went somewhere after you "died" but your body got revived and it came back, how would it transfer the knowledge to the brain? I am sure it might be posssible, but at the same time it might not be. I don't even know how a spirit would work. (since I am pretty sure we have confirmed that the brain does a majority of the thinking in a body)But I personally feel like a better thing to figure out is are you ready for any outcome, when it is time for you to find out what's after death.

I'm not sure how much you know about medical procedures, but why do you think that doctors immediately get to work on a patient when their heart stops? Their heart stopped--they're dead. But through techniques like CPR and whatever those electro-shock things are called, they restart the heart. Of course, it doesn't always work, but when it does, the person's clearly alive again. It won't work after a very very short period of time because important parts of the body start to die off. But technically yeah, a "dead" person can be "brought back". That's got nothing to do with religion or anything, it's just science. (which if y'all haven't noticed, is how I come to all of these conclusions)

You've only extended on the point I was making but I think you're confused on what near death and death are. Not having a heartbeat does not make someone immediaely dead. Yes there is a small window in which a person can be revived after a pulse has stopped, but they are not "dead". I do know a bit about medical procedures in fact since I've worked in a hospital. 

We've all heard stories of people whose heart stops beating, and send them to the morgue, and they "wake up"I've clearly made a mistake when I created this topic.Nothing good comes out of this.

Just to clear this up, there is a document called the uniform determination of death act (UDDA) that was made in cooperation with the american medical association. The criteria for determining death are "An individual who had sustained either irreversible cessation of circulatory and respiratory function, or irreversible cessation of all functions of the entire brain including the brain stem."Irreversible being the key word here. If someone was revived through cpr, or "woke up" in a morgue, clearly they still had bodily functions and were therefore not dead, just near dead.

Edited by Hardrada

Well, let's look at Lala's point from the sciencey side of things. What are you? You are nerves and connections whose activity ceases when your heart stops beating. They stop working, and since consciousness isn't tangible, it just isn't there anymore. It makes plenty of sense scientifically. 

Actually, We Are Spirit, Soul, AND Body. Not Just Body.

I don't know for sure, but I think either one of two extremes will happen. 

Because our brains are nothing more than biological computers, and our bodies are nothing more than ways to power the brain, as soon as we die our conscience is snuffed out into nothingness. Apart from the memories of people who knew you or things you have done, it will be like you never existed. 

Or

You go to heaven/get reborn/whatever afterlife theory you like the most. 

I don't see this as a science vs. religion matter, merely what you want to be true vs what is actually true.