Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shard the Gentleman

What happens after you die?

Actually, We Are Spirit, Soul, AND Body. Not Just Body.

That's a religious belief, and I don't believe that. Like I said, I like to make up my mind when I have reliable information and facts to work with. For me, the body is the only thing we can prove. And since I'm not religious, I don't believe in a spirit and soul. What I said still makes scientific sense. 

edit: the soul is a difficult to define thing, and again, it's mostly defined as a religious thing, so I don't believe in it. Before we can go any further, we'd have to completely define what a soul is, and people have spent thousands of years trying to concretely establish that. 

Edited by Think Pink

I don't really like threads like this, since all the ones I've seen have always lead to heated arguments, but I suppose it's up to other people to be mature about this so here I go.

I believe that when I die, that's it. I'm dead. Nothing will happen after, and I will rot and decay in the ground. I mean, with the hundreds of religions that existed long ago and the ones that exist today, why should only one of them be correct? I mean thousands of years ago, Egyptian gods used to be considered the truth, and you see what happened to them; no one worships them anymore. And just like them, I think Christianity and Scientology and Musliamic religions will eventually die out as well. Not anytime soon, but eventually.

We're all just a tiny, insignificant spec in the entire universe. For that reason, you have to live your live to the fullest. That said, while I don't believe in an afterlife or anything spiritual, I do believe that you aren't truly "dead" until you are completely forgotten from history. If you make an impact, then people will want to remember you and keep you alive in their memories. So while our lives are short, it's what we do to them that will make death worth it.

Edited by Velvet Scarlatina

That's a religious belief, and I don't believe that. Like I said, I like to make up my mind when I have reliable information and facts to work with. For me, the body is the only thing we can prove. And since I'm not religious, I don't believe in a spirit and soul. What I said still makes scientific sense. edit: the soul is a difficult to define thing, and again, it's mostly defined as a religious thing, so I don't believe in it. Before we can go any further, we'd have to completely define what a soul is, and people have spent thousands of years trying to concretely establish that.

Well, I Knew You'd Say That. Just Thought I'd Say It Anyway. ~>_<..

I think it all depends on your religious beliefs.  Some believe that there is nothing after the physical world and this present life, whereas others believe that there is an afterlife, and others still believe in reincarnation, where the person is returned to this earth in another form or person.  I myself believe that there is a God who created us, and that He placed us on this earth for a reason.  If such a thing is the case, then I also believe that we won't simply go into the void upon our deaths.  I believe that there is indeed an afterlife, where God will look at what we did on this earth and determine whether we should enter heaven or hell.  The rest I am uncertain on myself and have debated back and forth, but this much I am feeling very confident about.

However, I truly don't wish to go into a debate or argument.  Everyone has their own beliefs, and I respect all of them entirely.  This here is mine, though I don't expect anyone to agree with it.  I would encourage everyone to research this topic for themselves if they are interested, as there are many viewpoints and theories which are worth looking into.

Edited by Mystics Apprentice

Becoming a Gaudian would be awesome.

GIVE HOPE AND DREAMS TO THE CHILDREN AND LEAD TO BETTER ADULTS AND TEENS!!!!

8D

Yeah, probably isn't what happons when you die.

Edited by ~DawnStar2004~