Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Anyone thinking a 2015 release for Kingdom Hearts III is crazy

A 2015 release is still possible, but it would be late 2015 in japan only, then early to mid 2016 in the U.S

If they are working on both games at the same time ( but pouring more of their focus on FF)that means after Final Fantasy XV is released, Nomura team will be fully focused on Kingdom Hearts 3, which mean the effort put into KH3 would double, Which also mean it will come out faster.  

Edited by MasterRoxas13

I don't see why it's crazy to think that. Nomura has said that he wants to put a game out a year, he never said that Kingdom Hearts 3 would or wouldn't follow that ideal. Even if the game isn't far into development 2015 won't even end for another 2 years and they've put out a game a year so far, alongside other franchises like Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed being able to commit to the one game a year plan. I'm not denying that it may not come out until 2016 or even later, but I also believe it's very possible it could come out in 2015 as well. Perhaps it could come out in late 2015 in Japan and release in early 2016 in other countries. 

Edited by Queen Tery

I think it might release in Japan during late 2015, which would make KH an annual franchise for them.3D-early 2012, HD 1.5- early 2013, HD 2.5- mid 2014, and KH3- late 2015.For us in the west there will definitely be a year without KH (either 2014 or 2015, depending on when HD 2.5 releases).

Well I mean the time between 3D and 3 since those are the freshest KH to come out. If it came out in 2016 it'll be 4-ish years. I don't count HD Remakes.

"Kingdom Hearts III’s October PV was received positively but it is still insufficient development wise." - Nomura

"Osaka’s team is working simultaneously on both Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX." - Nomura

"Nomura said he is currently writing the scenario for Kingdom Hearts III now." - Nomura

"FINAL FANTASY XV is still currently focused on development and I want you to wait until the timing is right to reveal more information." - Nomura

We'll be lucky to get FINAL FANTASY XV in 2015.

Until then,I gotta feeling you're right... :P

I though the script was starting from 2010.

I think the story and ideas were just planing. Now it is the real script.

Yea. KH3D was made in 2012. Was he being a lazy firetruck and waited till now? It should be a 3-6 months rest at most not >1 year. I hope what you said is true.

Yea. KH3D was made in 2012. Was he being a lazy firetruck and waited till now? It should be a 3-6 months rest at most not >1 year. I hope what you said is true.

Nomura is working on other projects like FF15, and he is adding more story content to the Coded scenes that are being made for HD2..5, so he hasn't really been resting. It has always been his strategy to come up with ideas close to the beginning of development: he doesn't have a master plan and, considering his love of Titanfall, I wouldn't be surprised if the next game has a new class of enemies which are just mechs... He probably has a few ideas, like how Master Xehanort will be defeated but there are still worlds to choose, plots for those worlds, as well as sub-plots like those involving FF characters.

Nomura is working on other projects like FF15, and he is adding more story content to the Coded scenes that are being made for HD2..5, so he hasn't really been resting. It has always been his strategy to come up with ideas close to the beginning of development: he doesn't have a master plan and, considering his love of Titanfall, I wouldn't be surprised if the next game has a new class of enemies which are just mechs... He probably has a few ideas, like how Master Xehanort will be defeated but there are still worlds to choose, plots for those worlds, as well as sub-plots like those involving FF characters.

Ugh. So many projects. But I'm certain he'll get through it by late '15.

It wouldn't be a a yearly release. If it comes out in Q4 2015 then that'll be about 3-ish years. Therefore if it comes out in 2016 then it'll be 4-ish years which would be off of a regular amount of time to make a great game.

This statement is literally 100% wrong. First of all, Q4 2015 is two years from now. 2015-2013=2. Therefore, if it comes out in 2016, it'll be 3 years. Sorry, I have extreme OCD so I HAD to correct you...lol...

Second of all, it would fall under the 1-game-a-year rule because next year is 2.5 for 2014, and if KH3 comes out in 2015, then... yeah....

I wonder what would happen to the "new KH game every year" promise?  Not that Nomura hasn't broken promises before...

I'm pretty sure Sora96 is just plain wrong and never looks into the facts that are common sense. At least in thinking it's impossible, for a few BIG reasons.

1.) Nomura said it himself that after the ReMIXes, there aren't going to be ANY other games made besides KH3. Not even small side games.

2.) 2.5 comes out next year, so the ONLY way that KH3 would come out any later than that is to break his promise because of point #1.

Everyone has told Sora this 80 trillion octillion times throughout the year (which irritates the living hell out of me) but apparently he refuses to acknowledge that he's wrong even though he is.

And yet I still think it'll be out in 2015. This thread doesn't change that.

i'm hoping as well. actually, in terms of development i think that the 2015 thing all depends on FF XV. i'm praying that it'll be released by 2014. it's not all that illogical, in my point of view, and if it DOES release by 2014 we'll be able to get kh3 by late 2015 or early 2016. BUT that's if FF XV is released by 2014. in the name of chocolate, i swear if that game takes another year i'll be pretty pissed.

back to kh3, it's possible that the amount of development its recieved no matter how small it has been plus a full year of the osaka and the tokyo team working together will be enough for kh3 to get a solid release date.

overall, i've been needing some time to save up for a ps4. so i guess if its released later than 2015, i'll be okay.

Edited by khdayskh1314

Guys, don't be so pessimistic. Everyone knows the game will come out on December 31, 2015.

If I remember correctly KH HD 2.5 is going to have an international release. KH3 may very well have that too.

The KH series as actually always had a yearly release.

2002 - Kingdom Hearts

2003 - Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

2004 - Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

2005 - Kingdom Hearts II (Japan)

2006 - Kingdom Hearts II (Rest of the world)

2007 - Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+

2008 - Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (North America)

2009 - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

2010 - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

2011 - Kingdom Hearts Re:coded & Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix

2012 - Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

2013 - Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX

2014 - Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX

I don't think the English releases count.

If no Kingdom Hearts 3 in 2015 then I think there will be something related to Kingdom Hearts 3D in 2015. 

Possible. An HD 2.75 ReMIX could solve the problem, as he felt the need to mention the importance of KH3D.

So, the 10th anniversary would come back as the 13th anniversary game. Very interesting, but I would still prefer KH3 to be the 13th anniversary game and Re:3D to be released with Kingdom Hearts III: Final Mix.

Edited by G-SANtos

Um...ac3 was released in 2012 and ac 4 in 2013, and black flag is not a bad game at all ( in my opinion..)

On the contrary, ACIV is an incredible improvement. They all have their glitches, but people can't deny the AC series has been improving more than remaining stagnant...unlike CoD. I enjoy CoD's Modern Warfare storyline, but their games have been the exact same since 2007. And with the overabundance of CoD/BF clones, it's ever more apparent how lazy the FPS genre has gotten.

The only series I can think of off the top of my head that I look forward to more of is Halo, and that's just because it's at least unique. Even Killzone is bland and uninspired now, reduced to showing off shiny new next-gen graphics instead of an actually good game.

This turned into a huge ramble. 

Edited by Kaweebo

Um...ac3 was released in 2012 and ac 4 in 2013, and black flag is not a bad game at all ( in my opinion..)

I hav a copy myself.the game jus has way. too many glitches of me sinkin thru th ship or soldiers dying from my sword attacks wen tjey're on th othr side of the ship.

Final Mix doesn't count as it's just an improved version of the game...not a new game Besides,before the HD collections that we got recently,the Ps2 version of Final Mix was exclusive to Japan and never saw a release overseas until 1.5 HD remix

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure Sora96 is just plain wrong and never looks into the facts that are common sense. At least in thinking it's impossible, for a few BIG reasons.

1.) Nomura said it himself that after the ReMIXes, there aren't going to be ANY other games made besides KH3. Not even small side games.

2.) 2.5 comes out next year, so the ONLY way that KH3 would come out any later than that is to break his promise because of point #1.

Everyone has told Sora this 80 trillion octillion times throughout the year (which irritates the living hell out of me) but apparently he refuses to acknowledge that he's wrong even though he is.

Ummm, this is a question that has no right or wrong answers, unless you're a fortune teller.

I was shocked when I knew that Nomura just started writing the scenario... I thought it was written long time ago...

Didnt he say he was REwriting it?

"Kingdom Hearts III’s October PV was received positively but it is still insufficient development wise." - Nomura"Osaka’s team is working simultaneously on both Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX." - Nomura"Nomura said he is currently writing the scenario for Kingdom Hearts III now." - Nomura"FINAL FANTASY XV is still currently focused on development and I want you to wait until the timing is right to reveal more information." - Nomura We'll be lucky to get FINAL FANTASY XV in 2015.

REWRITING** it irritates me that u wrote it wrong

This statement is literally 100% wrong. First of all, Q4 2015 is two years from now. 2015-2013=2. Therefore, if it comes out in 2016, it'll be 3 years. Sorry, I have extreme OCD so I HAD to correct you...lol...

Second of all, it would fall under the 1-game-a-year rule because next year is 2.5 for 2014, and if KH3 comes out in 2015, then... yeah....

I meant the time between 3D and 3. But yea.

Ummm, this is a question that has no right or wrong answers, unless you're a fortune teller.

Kinda. Sora is and has been saying that it's literally impossible for it to come out any earlier than 2016. Even with those facts I listed shoved into his face.

He's wrong because it's not impossible with those facts alone.

I sound irritated because I've been saying that to him (along with many others) over and over for months and I keep seeing him ignore those statements and still say it's impossible. 

Kinda. Sora is and has been saying that it's literally impossible for it to come out any earlier than 2016. Even with those facts I listed shoved into his face.

I sound irritated because I've been saying that to him (along with many others) over and over for months and I keep seeing him ignore those statements and still say it's impossible. 

It's possible for KH3 to release during 2015, but as you said it would require the temporary merging of the KH team and the FF15 team (or at least help from part of the FF15 team). A 2015 release in NA/PAL is unlikely, though, due to the historic 2-3 month localisation.And with the insistence of SE for sequels to numbered FF games, the FFXV team would probably be busy with FFXV-2 as soon as XV is finished...

It's possible for KH3 to release during 2015, but as you said it would require the temporary merging of the KH team and the FF15 team (or at least help from part of the FF15 team). A 2015 release in NA/PAL is unlikely, though, due to the historic 2-3 month localisation.And with the insistence of SE for sequels to numbered FF games, the FFXV team would probably be busy with FFXV-2 as soon as XV is finished...

Yeah I don't think it's very likely either; I'm not saying it's definitely coming in 2015. It probably is coming later than that because of SE's track record, but it kinda makes me mad when he blatantly ignores my posts/questions about it with no replies and still goes on saying "I know for a fact it won't come in 2015". (The no replies being the biggest annoyance about it...) I've lost count at how many times.

I hav a copy myself.the game jus has way. too many glitches of me sinkin thru th ship or soldiers dying from my sword attacks wen tjey're on th othr side of the ship.Agreed.

I think that depends on the system your playing the game on...but I didn't see many people complaining about glitches in that game.

I didn't even experience many glitches in Ac3, and everyone says that this game is super buggy :/

It's his opinion.  No need to get so irritated over it just because it differs from yours.