Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Pokémon X and Y - General Discussion

Thanks for the inputs. lol @ Socklegs.

Not to double post, but Mega Mawile is so awesome. I just knew it would be my favorite mega. It's exactly what Mawile needed to make me use her without being a gimmick. 

Edited by OmegaForte

Thanks for the inputs. lol @ Socklegs.

Not to double post, but Mega Mawile is so awesome. I just knew it would be my favorite mega. It's exactly what Mawile needed to make me use her without being a gimmick. 

My favorite Mega (aside from the broken Mega Mewtwo Y and the ones that I like for look like Mega Lucario) has to be Mega Kangaskhan.

It's so Op and unexpectedly broken thanks to it's Parental Bond ability that makes her attack twice.....set up a Power up Punch....then let the sweep begin with Return,Earthquake and Sucker Punch

I dunno why Smogon banned Mega Gengar.....Yeah a Shadow Tag Perish Song can be overkill but Mega Gengar has a good number of Pokemon to counter it

Mega Kangaskhan should be moved to Uber instead of staying in OU

Hoooly shit this thing is broken and as I've said before it can sweep an entire team

Inb4itloseslevitateagruement

Because it got old fast. Heartran hates EQ, didn't stop it from being good in OU, even better a staple to teams. Except this is MGengar, with the offenses, speed, and move pool to abuse of with ST. Who the firetruck cares about the Ground weakness. Use regular Gengar if you really worried about it or better yet, either Sub+Disable it or switch! Is it that hard to switch out to an immunity?

I'm fine with the ban. One less thing to worry about. I believe Smogon is going to do suspects on a few Pokes, probably MKang is one of them.

You can chalk the MGengar up as "advanced" scrafalure syndrome. Where the almighty shadow tag basically confirms a KO because chanda and MGengy are so firetrucking fast and powerful. The advanced part is that Gengy has a "better" movepool than chandalure, and if you predict on switch you can trick the scarf away and chandalure loses some sweeping potential. Hypothetically of course, 5th gen competitive was smelly :^)

I would love to see what they decide with MKanga, something in me things it wouldn't be that good in Ubers, but its pretty strong for OU....

(sound familiar?)

Posted Image

You can chalk the MGengar up as "advanced" scrafalure syndrome. Where the almighty shadow tag basically confirms a KO because chanda and MGengy are so firetrucking fast and powerful. The advanced part is that Gengy has a "better" movepool than chandalure, and if you predict on switch you can trick the scarf away and chandalure loses some sweeping potential. Hypothetically of course, 5th gen competitive was smelly :^)

I would love to see what they decide with MKanga, something in me things it wouldn't be that good in Ubers, but its pretty strong for OU....

(sound familiar?)

Posted Image

Wish granted: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/kangaskhanite-tiering-discussion.3494685/

It was a matter of time before this came up. Ever since they announced Kang's mega+ability, I knew she would be banned if she had the movepool to back it up. (And boy does she do... PuP just made it worse. >_>)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/pokemon_x_and_y_update_mandatory_for_online_play_reportedly_blocks_data_cheats

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

GameFreak has updated X&Y with a new update that blocks cheaters using the reported software that reveals your opponent's data and moveset that was reported weeks ago

Now that it's safe,I can say bye bye to the butthurt ragequitting scrubs at Showdown and battle safely again.

And by Showdown scrubs I mean,people accusing you of cheating or drop F bombs on you before forfeiting 

Edited by Metal Snake

And Insta check is blocked. I could just not update... (No firetrucks given to rated battles, I don't do those) Shiny eggs via trading is still a go.Glad the battle analyzer is disabled. Although they could also not update... Crap.Edit: scratch that, I think it's by force or the online part has been fixed regardless of updating or not.lol now people want to use bred Spindas with spots to determine the PID, to determine the shiny value This is priceless. Here's the link if anyone is curious what they might need to do to get their shiny value: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation#spinda_spots (Smogon is figuring out how it's generate on gen 6+how to simplify it.)Not interested. I much rather get my flawless shines on previous gens+6th gen leaves me little to no interest in their shiny counterparts.

Edit2: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTfSDbrskfE

Darkrai's body is ready. 

Digging the new look on Brigette. I once drew a character with a jacket like that, probably why I like the design, but then again there's the ice type gym leader, but something is off about his look... Back on Brigette, Brigette=sister of Lanette=from Pokemon RS Box=Hoenn remakes confirmed. xD (I couldn't help it)

Edited by OmegaForte

And Insta check is blocked. I could just not update... (No firetrucks given to rated battles, I don't do those) Shiny eggs via trading is still a go.Glad the battle analyzer is disabled. Although they could also not update... Crap.Edit: scratch that, I think it's by force or the online part has been fixed regardless of updating or not.lol now people want to use bred Spindas with spots to determine the PID, to determine the shiny value This is priceless. Here's the link if anyone is curious what they might need to do to get their shiny value: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation#spinda_spots (Smogon is figuring out how it's generate on gen 6+how to simplify it.)Not interested. I much rather get my flawless shines on previous gens+6th gen leaves me little to no interest in their shiny counterparts.

Edit2: 

Darkrai's body is ready. 

Digging the new look on Brigette. I once drew a character with a jacket like that, probably why I like the design, but then again there's the ice type gym leader, but something is off about his look... Back on Brigette, Brigette=sister of Lanette=from Pokemon RS Box=Hoenn remakes confirmed. xD (I couldn't help it)

If this isn't a proof that the RubySapphire remakes are coming....then I don't know what it is. ^_^

Edit2: 

Darkrai's body is ready. 

That music, doe.

Rumor information about Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanion

- Diancie is Rock/Fairy, 2’04″, 19.4 lbs. #151. It is known as the Jewel Pokemon. “It can instantly create many diamonds by compressing the carbon in the air between its hands.”

- Diancie’s signature move is Diamond Storm, a physical Rock-type attack. A bunch of diamonds are created and thrown at the enemy. “The user whips up a storm of diamonds to damage opposing Pokemon. This may also raise the user’s Defense stat.” It has 100 power and 95% accuracy.

- Diancie is not related to Carbink on its Pokedex evolution page. However it could be a Manaphy/Phione situation. 

- At Level 100 with no EV training, Diancie’s stats can be 236/300/236/344/137.

- Hoopa is Psychic/Ghost, 1’08″, 19.8 lbs. #152. It is known as the Mischief Pokemon. “It gathers things it likes and pushes them through it's loop to teleport them to a secret place.”

- Hoopa’s signature move is Hyperspace Hole, a special Psychic-type attack. A dark hole is created in the ground, Hoopa goes through it, then comes out behind the enemy and hits them. “Using a hyperspace hole, the user appears next to the target and strikes. This also hits a target using Protect or Detect.” It’s got 80 power and N/A accuracy.

- At Level 100 with no EV training, Hoopa’s stats can be 230/155/315/296/177.

- Volcanion is Fire/Water, 5’07″, 429.9 lbs. #153. “It expels its internal steam from the arms on its back. It has enough power to blow down a mountain.”

- Volcanion’s signature move is Steam Eruption, a special Water-type attack. “The user immerses the target in superheated steam. This may also leave the target with a burn.” It’s got 110 power and 95 accuracy.

- Volcanion is related to the Lumiose City blackouts.

- At Level 100 with no EV training, Volcanion’s stats can be 256/276/247/234/176.

- There are no other Mega Evolutions in the game aside from Latios/Latias, which look exactly the same. They both retain their original Dragon/Psychic typing.

- Celebi remains Psychic/Grass.

- The extra meteor for Deoxys at the Fossil Lab is a Red Herring. It’s just another attack forme meteor.

Different from the other rumor I found before. I feel bad for Dancie. Bulky but with the worst typing. Hoopa is alright, not screaming ubers. Same with Volcanion, although it seems the best out of all, but dat typing is good offensively while defensively, it's bad.

Different from the other rumor I found before. I feel bad for Dancie. Bulky but with the worst typing. Hoopa is alright, not screaming ubers. Same with Volcanion, although it seems the best out of all, but dat typing is good offensively while defensively, it's bad.

I would've preferred Ice/Fairy, to distinguish it from Carbink.

Apparently Kangaskhanite got banned.  Looks like Kangaskhan is staying in UU and Ubers (with the mega stone).  Kinda sucks.  I wanted to troll everyone with double mud-slap.

That's how it should be

This thing is undefeatable in OU...I'm serious Mega Kangaskhan is so broken it can sweep an entire team with no problem

Posted Image

Facebook in a nutshell.

Mega Kangaskhan deserved to be banned

Yeah, MegaKangaskhan, MegaGengar and MegaLucario are all pretty much broken.  I won't even talk about Blaziken, because Speed Boost got it banned since Dream World.

I don't care for my Blaziken.

Mixed feeling on M-Lucario. It has the most threatening set ups of OU, but it still suffers from those shitty defenses. On the other hand, it can run on the special side, making Sableye unreliable with priority WoW, trying to come in on a Close Combat, but instead watches a Nasty Plot set up on it's face and get nuked by Dark Pulse/filler move. Fast revenge killers that resist Vacuum Wave/Bullet? (which is very little) The rare agility sets, or Sticky Wave support says hi. 

If it doesn't get banned, it's due to the frailty of it. 

Yeah, MegaKangaskhan, MegaGengar and MegaLucario are all pretty much broken.  I won't even talk about Blaziken, because Speed Boost got it banned since Dream World.

Well Mega Lucario isn't broken really unless you have an adamant Lucario...and even then Excadrill can counter it easily

I mostly prefer to use a Choice Band Lucario for fast sweeping and clean up(by clean up I mean knocking out what remained of my opponent's HP)

Posted Image

What a teaser! Even though Japan it's earlier, it isn't out till Tuesday for them. I guess they're preparing for the worst; server overloads. xD

Oh yeah I foresee server issues too, I hope its nothing that can mess with the pokes you send over. And more importantly that celebi ^^