Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Tails

If KH3 Had Dual Audio

You mean like the Original Japanese audio and English dub?

I've been with the english dub the whole time, it would be kind of odd to switch on the home stretch... however if the option were available I'd probably play two times through with each version assuming subtitles were available. 

Would you guys like it if KH3 or any other future KH game featured dual audio? You know, where you could change the voices in the game? Just curious to know everyone's opinion on a dual audio option.

Why not, all the voice actors should have their hard work heard around worldwide!Plus the Japanese Birth by Sleep cast was pretty amazing xD

I would never use the feature, personally. KH is one of the very few Japanese games where I DON'T see constant begging for the original audio (which is very nice, as the arguments that start over it are never fun and go nowhere).

I would never use the feature, personally. KH is one of the very few Japanese games where I DON'T see constant begging for the original audio (which is very nice, as the arguments that start over it are never fun and go nowhere).

Yeah I agree. The KH fanbase is surprisingly positive about the English voices unlike other fanbases like the Tales Of fanbase (no offense to you). Every time when a new Tales Of game gets localized and they hear how the English voices sound they suddenly whine about wanting the Japanese voice audio included just because "It sounds better". And the English voices of that said Tales Of game sound great (although Milla's English voice was not that great).

Edited by Tails

Yeah I agree. The KH fanbase is surprisingly positive about the English voices unlike other fanbases like the Tales Of fanbase (no offense to you). Every time when a new Tales Of game gets localized and they hear how the English voices sound they suddenly whine about wanting the Japanese voice audio included just because "It sounds better". And the English voices of that said Tales Of game sound great (although Milla's English voice was not that great).

Well most of the English VA cast is so good :D

It could be acceptable, but in terms of selling, it is kind of useless if it is in Japanese and English. JP release will be definitely in Japanese (they love their language so much) meanwhile it will be quite useless for NA release, it is a waste of time. You will prefer Haley Joel Osment rather than Miyu Irino

BUT it will be useful for EU release, we can have english, french, spanish etc. in one game.

also for JP and ENG for worldwide release. 

AND ONE THING, one reason why they took so long to localize a game because of the 'mouth' of the character. For english, they need to change the mouth movement to synchronize with the words.. It will be a little bit awkward on the mouth of the character when you switch from japanese to english

To be honest, in North America, I think few people really care about hearing the original Japanese voices... Most of us can't understand them anyway and the US cast does a great job with emotion and drama and stuff. I think it would be useless.

It could be acceptable, but in terms of selling, it is kind of useless if it is in Japanese and English. JP release will be definitely in Japanese (they love their language so much) meanwhile it will be quite useless for NA release, it is a waste of time. You will prefer Haley Joel Osment rather than Miyu Irino BUT it will be useful for EU release, we can have english, french, spanish etc. in one game. also for JP and ENG for worldwide release.  AND ONE THING, one reason why they took so long to localize a game because of the 'mouth' of the character. For english, they need to change the mouth movement to synchronize with the words.. It will be a little bit awkward on the mouth of the character when you switch from japanese to english

I love hayley, but I also love miyu iruno ;~;

Milla's voice acting is the worst voice acting I've ever heard in a video game,its ever worst then Aqua

I just wan't other voices, like spanish, because the only game with spanish voices was Kingdom Hearts II (even though only spaniards like this voice acting :/)

(french sora sounds sexy af)

I'm spanish, by the way lol

Edited by Dubidube

I wouldn't use it. I've been listening to the English cast for 11 years, I have no intentions of switching. xD The Japanese cast is good, but I like the English cast a lot more. Besides, I'd rather be able to understand what they're saying through more methods than just subtitles.

No offense taken. xD Its true, and the Tales fanbase is just kind of bad in general. Talking with fans of any of the specific games is fine, but once the discussion is just in general that's when it goes down the drain. Especially when you get people who like only one or two games in the franchise that proceed to hate on all the others. It can get pretty hostile. (Though, I suppose most fanbases have their share of vocal jerks.) Milla's voice acting isn't great, but I've heard worse.

That's one thing I really like about the KH fanbase, no one argues over the dang voice actors ('cept Aqua and Terra's, but even then it's subdued).

Would you guys like it if KH3 or any other future KH game featured dual audio? You know, where you could change the voices in the game? Just curious to know everyone's opinion on a dual audio option.

I'd do it solely for the reason of hearing the Disney Japanese voice cast. It'd be interesting, to say the least! x D

And not many people complain about voices mainly because the English speaking Disney voices are 100x better than the Japanese counterparts. Even most people in Japan prefer the English version over their own for that reason, which is actually why Nomura chose to create the original Final Mixes with English dubs, fun fact.

Edited by King.Mickey

I may be in a minority here but I love the Japanese voices. English is fine since it's my native language but having the option to choose between multiple languages would be fun because u can choose what language you want to hear the characters talk in. It to me makes it a cool way to learn a little about other cultures. Sorry if this is an old topic but I'd like to have multiple languages.