Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII demo releasing this week

After leaking for a lucky few on Xbox Live Marketplace last week, LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII's English version demo will be officially released on both Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Store this week. As revealed in last week's leak it'll include a new trailer.

I don't know why, but reading the final fantasy titles in capitals makes me really aggravated. 

But yes, I am excited for this. Hopefully it's fun, so my pre-order is worth it. 

I don't know why, but reading the final fantasy titles in capitals makes me really aggravated. 

But yes, I am excited for this. Hopefully it's fun, so my pre-order is worth it. 

Well it's how they're wrote officially. 

Capitals in general just seem very hostile and aggressive.

Like:Hey, how are you today?

vs

HEY HOW ARE YOU TODAY?

Awesome I watched some of the Japanese walk through and it looks interesting...cant wait to whoop Snows ass!

Ohhh now I see. The reason Snow is leaving KH13 is because he has to go appear in lightning returns. It's all so clear now.

I'm downloading it is I post this- I'm assuming it's on Xbox Live too, so for anyone interested start downloading it and try it out! xD

EDIT

On the PS3, the demo size is 2092 MB- which starts after some KB thing is downloaded, but that took like 5 seconds before the demo started downloading- hope this helps!

Edited by LightChaser

Im downloading as we speak. This demo will depend on if I pre order or not

It was nice- if I could've played on Easy that would've made me feel more confident, as one of the fights took almost 6 minutes for me to beat xDx

Just beat it. with a final score of 21700 on the zaltys boss fight with a time of 04:36

I don't know if that's good or bad. lets post scores here

HOLD UP!. DEMOS NOT OVER.

lets keep playing. ill be back

ohh. I guess it is over. hmmmmm. *sip*

oh well. it was fun. and I defiantly will pre order.

OK IM REALLY GETTING INTO THIS!!

beat the boss again but this time got 5 stars with a time of 03:29 and a score of 56325. I was able to exploit the boss's weakness with the correct scimatia (the ice mage one) and staggered him so easily. Thanks lightchaser for bringing this to my attention

Edited by Ozpin

Just beat it. with a final score of 21700 on the zaltys boss fight with a time of 04:36I don't know if that's good or bad. lets post scores hereHOLD UP!. DEMOS NOT OVER.lets keep playing. ill be back ohh. I guess it is over. hmmmmm. *sip*oh well. it was fun. and I defiantly will pre order. OK IM REALLY GETTING INTO THIS!!beat the boss again but this time got 5 stars with a time of 03:29 and a score of 56325. I was able to exploit the boss's weakness with the correct scimatia (the ice mage one) and staggered him so easily. Thanks lightchaser for bringing this to my attention

You're welcome! ^~^I got 0 stars with a time of 5:46- no idea what my score was xD

I've played it and....its actually pretty good,I like this new battle system,it fun,its complexe yet simple to understand,(it reminds me of Final Fantasy V) and I finally feel like I'm controlling what's happening in battles unlike the previous XIII games.I like the new Snow,he's interesting.The only this that bugged me is Lumina,if she like a creature of chaos or whatever, why must she look and sound like a 13 years old girl and why is she so similar to Serah,but I guess there an explanation for all this later in the game.But I still won't buy it,not until its price drops,there are other game I have to get before this one.

I played the LR:FFXIII demo and I loved it. It's no traditional FF by any means, but it's a unique and refreshing step away from the same old same old. Hardcore elitist fans will always bitch and moan about how the series is different, but fail to realize that game franchises evolve over time. Things change and change is good. Anyone who seriously expected them to stay with the same old turn-based/ATB forever was just fooling themselves.

Graphically it was stunning, it output at 1080p and was a visual step up from the previous 2 games, especially during the cinematics.

I couldn't gather much on the story from the demo but from what i can tell, Lightning is a guardian chosen by God (their God, I'm assuming, not the biblical one), to be a savior to the people. Snow is an asshole for some reason, Hope helps guide Lightning throughout, and there's a demon who looks like Serah but isn't Serah I guess...

as far as the gameplay goes... you can now run and jump on the map. There's no party, you only play as Lightning, but she can equip different garbs (up to 3 in the demo) that give her different abilities. In the battles, each garb is assigned 4 different commands corresponding to the 4 buttons on the right side of the controller. You can use these until your ATB runs out and then use the shoulder buttons to switch to a different garb. The garbs change Lightning's abilities and appearance and seem to be based off of popular FF job classes such as Black Mage and Dragoon.

Staggering is still a thing, and is essential to winning boss fights (the boss in this demo is weak to ice, so the black mage garb's Blizzaga works well).

From what I hear, this game is meant to be beaten in multiple playthroughs. There's a 90% chance you WILL FAIL on your first playthrough (i.e. timer runs out) but then you get to start a NG+ and keep all your stats, allowing you to breeze through the beginning stages. Essentially, every time you play you get a little further each time before the timer runs out and eventually you reach the end. I know that sounds bad, but a friend of mine said he beat it in 2 playthroughs, and there are things you can do to extend the timer.

overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the demo and can't wait for the full game. Like i said, there will always be naysayers in any fandom but Square has to do something REALLY drastic to chase me away from their games.

Edited by Justin Grove