Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shard the Gentleman

Unpopular Video Game Opinions Topic

No matter how hard I try, I can not have fun with a Metroid game

I enjoy Super Metroid now that I've played it a bit more, but I honestly don't find it to be nearly as good as everyone says. :/ The Prime games look cool, though.

This whole "NES-style platformer" thing in the indie game industry is really old, and probably why I never pay attention to indie developers. It's been beaten to DEATH. I want something original and groundbreaking, not "IT'S LIKE AN NES GAME MADE IN MODERN TIMES!" I mean, I love RPGs based off of the SNES days since I believe that was the best era for that genre, but Platformer indie games are so boooring.

Final Fantasy hasn't been good since VI, with the exceptions of IX and X. I couldn't relate to Cloud or Squall at all, and at least 70% of the characters in those two games were boring to me. I find everything past X to be totally unplayable. Especially FFXII. I hate that game as much as is humanly possible and wish that it was never even thought of, and it's Square's fault for pressuring the creator to change everything about the game. I've never felt worse about paying money for a game in my whole life. XII tangent aside, yeah, the FF series hasn't even FELT like FF since VI. Not even IX and X, which I actually liked.

Honestly, I don't see why Lucario has such a huge fanbase. I don't really see much that sets it apart from the rest of the Generation IV Pokemon. Heck, I don't even like its typing that much. I don't really think it's as cool as most people make it out to be.

Also, Heart Gold/Soul Silver were fun, but inferior to the original Silver/Gold versions. I don't think any of the music remixes were as good as the original soundtrack (I can't stand the champion battle remix), and the Gen IV engine kind of bogged it down.

I cannot agree with you more about Lucario, there were so many better Pokemon in Gen 4! I really don't get why he gets loved, his typing makes him weak to a lot of things too.

As for HeartGold/SoulSilver, you could just switch the soundtrack back to the original Gameboy one with that GB Sounds key item in-game if it bothered you that much. Graphically the games were much better than D/P/P I thought but hey, opinions :P

I cannot agree with you more about Lucario, there were so many better Pokemon in Gen 4! I really don't get why he gets loved, his typing makes him weak to a lot of things too.As for HeartGold/SoulSilver, you could just switch the soundtrack back to the original Gameboy one with that GB Sounds key item in-game if it bothered you that much. Graphically the games were much better than D/P/P I thought but hey, opinions :P

Ikr. I don't dislike Lucario, but back when gen 4 was out, it got so much love that people's avatar and sig was soley that. Heck there was fan club threads just on him alone. (Then again so did Bidoof lol) Also I think someone at Gamefreak or Masuda loves it. Why? Notice every gen it's gets treatment. A lot of moves it can learn and breed from as the gens go by, gym leader and chanpion from Sinnoh have it, gift from Riley, available do early in BW2, gym leader from Kalos had not one, but two, yet another trainer (in this case the gym leader) gives you one as a gift, and it even got mega evolution. Too much fan treatment if you ask me. inb4X2Y2hasnewrivalwithlucarioNot going to count SSB, it's normal for characters to return.True, HGSS remixes could have been better. What I am glad about is Ho-oh's epic theme. Lugia's is so cliche sounding I hate it. Oh look I found an unpopular opinion about Lugia's theme, go figure. Edited by OmegaForte

I cannot agree with you more about Lucario, there were so many better Pokemon in Gen 4! I really don't get why he gets loved, his typing makes him weak to a lot of things too.

As for HeartGold/SoulSilver, you could just switch the soundtrack back to the original Gameboy one with that GB Sounds key item in-game if it bothered you that much. Graphically the games were much better than D/P/P I thought but hey, opinions :P

I know about the GB Sounds item, but you didn't get it until you got all 16 badges. It kinda annoyed me. :/ And my issue with the Gen IV engine is mostly because everything feels sooooo slooooow.

I love FFXII, sure it has some bad qualities, like the story which is kinda slow and boring at times, but overall it's a good game. I like how big the world is and how there's so much to do and explore (like the hunts).

I like the story in FFXIII. The story isn't bad at all, it's just not presented the best way possible and that makes it look kinda messy. But the second time playing it it's so much more enjoyable to follow the story when you actually know what's going on...

I also think that Vanille is kinda underrated character.

I don't really care for the Disney aspect of Kingdom Hearts. It's a part of the game, and it just has to be there, but it annoys me more than amuses (except for Mickey, he's cool, and Coliseum).

because it's extremely effective at what it's supposed to do - sweeping

Final Fantasy's one of the most overrated game series ever, if not the most overrated. I don't even consider anything past VI to be Final Fantasy.

That's the third time you've posted that opinion in this thread. 

Edited by Dave

Mostly, I'm just curious to know why this warranted being said three times in the same thread. 

I didn't say anything about it being overrated in those. Also, maybe I have a bad memory and don't remember if I've said that before?

Mostly, I'm just curious to know why this warranted being said three times in the same thread. 

Well then.

LIGHTNING RETURNS was a good game. Although I guess it's getting more mixed reviews than anything.

Console wars are seriously in the top 5 most annoying things I've ever experienced. It's just baseless bashing of a console, mostly because of either bias or graphical performance. People should just be able to like whatever systems they like without someone coming in with "Lol, PS4/Xbox One/Wii U/PC is better because __________"

- The Neverhood is a beautifully crafted game, no matter how difficult the puzzles are. It's simply underrated.

- TF2 really needs to remove about 30% of the useless, hideous hats. Too late now anyways.

- CoD is horrible. I've tried it and just felt like it's a flop.

- As much as I love Ducktales and it's remastered version, it's practically only remembered because of the moon theme.

I'm really disappointed with the quality of writing in the second season of Telltale's adaptation of Walking Dead so far, especially with the newest episode. 

Edited by Jilly Shears

Competitive Smash Bros bores me. I'd much rather enjoy the game for what it's meant to be: A completely random, off the wall fighting game that anyone can enjoy. Competitive Smash takes away everything about the game that makes it Smash.

- HD remasters of games are better than over half of the games that come out now

- Call of Duty is the same thing every year which defeats the purpose of buying it every year

- The PS Vita is a good console it just lacks games

- Xbox One is a waste of money compared to PC and PS4

-Infamous is a great series