Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Weiss

Drakengard 3

Posted Image

Famitsu this week revealed that Drakengard 3 is in development. There are also two main characters already introduced. Zero, who has a power called the Utautai and One, Zero's younger sister. Zero can unleash magical attacks by singing. Drakengard 3 will be a PS3 title and is apparently going to be a 2013 release (for Japan at least).

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/12/drakengard-3-drag-on-dragoon-3-in-development/

Having played the first two games I'm pretty excited for this.

Edit/update:

Here are the first scans (note: a bit of blood, mainly in the first image, in case you don't want to see that):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also here's the team working on it:

Producer: Takamasa Shiba
Creative Director and Scenario: Yoko Taro
Character Design: Kimihiko Fujisaki
Music Director: Keiichi Okabe
Developer: Access Games
Publisher: Square Enix

And a bit of info on the Utautai

The Utautai are people who exhibit the ability to manipulate magic using songs. The main missions in the game take place on the ground, and the power of the player increases when exposed to blood splatter. 
Edited by Weiss

Is that one game you were telling me about? With the dragons and such? xD

I was actually telling you about Draken: the ancient gates but I mentioned this as well and they are similar. They both are two of the few dragon games there are xD

Looks like I miss TOO MUCH GREAT PS2 GAMES :( Never heard of this game before. Is this good ?

The first two were pretty great. Riding a dragon, having tons of weapons, hack and slash killing tons of enemies. Look up some gameplay for them to see. I personally thought they were great games.

The official Japanese website is (already) up.

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/dod3/#/system

A few screenshots from the website:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit:

Some translations for the story section of the site are now in.

In the distant past when darkness swept the world with war and tyranny, Goddesses called "Utatai" saw mankind was suffering and descended on the world. These Goddesses use the magical power of songs to defeat warlords ruling the land. Peace was finally brought to this chaotic world. The Goddesses were worshiped for ending conflict and were entrusted control of the world. They became known as Utahime (divas).

One, a young Utatai, holds a strong desire to bring peace and balance to the world. She is poised to become unite all the Utatai and stand on the top of the world. One day, One’s older sister Zero shows up with a dragon. Zero is also an Utatai and said to be the strongest among them. Why did Zero suddenly show up in front of One? Why did she ally with a dragon? And what in the world are the Utatai? Darkness once again shrouds over the world.

And a bit more info on Zero from her translated page:

On top of being a powerful songstress, Zero is also skilled with a sword. Zero is known for having a violent personality and being troublesome. She also has a rather promiscuous personality. Zero has an artificial arm and a flower in her right eye that keeps growing.

Edited by Weiss

Update: 
Famitsu has mentioned that, while in previous Drakengard games you needed to make a pact with your dragon partner, you don’t need to do that now. Zero’s dragon partner in the game is named Mikhail. Additionally, Famitsu reports that Utautai have a special ability where a flower in their right eye (like in the case of Zero) continually grows. Famitsu also mentions that, in order to make the story easier to understand, the two sisters were named One and Zero in sequential order.
Zero's dragon:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

And here's some of the artwork for the game:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Many screenshots weren't able to fit into the post due to image limits.
Check out the rest on Famitsu: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/28030879.html
Edited by Weiss

main characters profil photo

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

after looking at game photos i feel this game well amaze me and hopeing the graphic inprove but they where photos the finished product is sure to be better

Edited by darklunatic

dayum I fogot about this thread

Posted Image

I think this is the most disappointing screenshot. If you look towards the bottom one of the soldiers is missing feet lol

others:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

dayum I fogot about this thread

Posted Image

I think this is the most disappointing screenshot. If you look towards the bottom one of the soldiers is missing feet lol

others:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

well ofcourse it looks bad right now but mi sure the finished copy well amaz us all

Not only will you get to use your dragon but also four allies known as "apostles."

They are Deito, Decartes, Cento and Octa. 

As such, the main site for the game has been updated.

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/dod3/

Here's the translation of the pages:

Deito

A beautiful young man with a contradictory brutal personality. He has sharp insights, but also a sadistic nature, as he feels joy when deeply injuring opponents and hearing them scream in pain when tormented.

Decartes

A middle-aged brawny man with glasses who fights with his fists. He secretly considers his pains and adversities to be some sort of rewarding trial that he enjoys in a masochistic manner, but he still has common sense and consideration towards women.

Octa

An older man who uses special ring-like weapons. He walks around wearing a pair of amazingly tall wooden clogs. The old man is considered the best of the Apostles when it comes to sexual activities, an abnormality for his age that he is proud for.

Cento

Cento (pictured right) is a young man with a cross-shaped scar across his stomach. Cento’s weapon of choice are dual blades. He’s a handsome man who has nothing but absolute confidence in himself, but he often makes the mistake of announcing his knowledge, which might seem cocky to others.