Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
StarCharm

KHBbS Confused... TerraxAqua?

I know, and I am aware there are way more AquaxTerra fans than VenxAqua (I am one myself), and I have nothing against TerraxAqua fans, but I'm still confused. I've seen the whole game like 3 times, and the only scenes that could imply that pairing is of either Aqua mentioning Terra, or vice versa. Even I was making a video the other day and I was searching for a clip where Aqua and Terra were together but more shipping-like. The only clip I found, was when they met at Castle of Dreams.

So unless I've missed a bunch of scenes from the game, or I forgot about some, could someone please explain me why they are a very popular couple? Or is it just because of their age? (The fact that Ven is younger, makes it less possible for him to be with Aqua)

I only see that Aqua worries about Terra, fearing that he might fall to darkness, not that she 'likes him'. That's all I see at least.

I know, and I am aware there are way more AquaxTerra fans than VenxAqua (I am one myself), and I have nothing against TerraxAqua fans, but I'm still confused. I've seen the whole game like 3 times, and the only scenes that could imply that pairing is of either Aqua mentioning Terra, or vice versa. Even I was making a video the other day and I was searching for a clip where Aqua and Terra were together but more shipping-like. The only clip I found, was when they met at Castle of Dreams.

So unless I've missed a bunch of scenes from the game, or I forgot about some, could someone please explain me why they are a very popular couple? Or is it just because of their age? (The fact that Ven is younger, makes it less possible for him to be with Aqua)

I only see that Aqua worries about Terra, fearing that he might fall to darkness, not that she 'likes him'. That's all I see at least.

Because they fit each other, and because they appeal more as a couple. Being older also makes for a more believable relationship, and you can see that Aqua worries about Terra more than she does Ven. Worries = cares about him.

Let's use Kairi as an example of this. Her friendship with Riku, when he's in danger, she confidently believes that he's strong enough to take care of himself. Aqua, even though she knows that Terra is powerful in his own right, not just by physical strength alone, is still worried about his wellbeing as a person.

Just a few things I remember off the top of my head:

- There's her conversation with Eraqus at the beginning of the game where he first tells her to keep an eye on him, and she replies confidently that she believes in him.

- She worries about him on Destiny Islands, clutching her good luck charm and hopes they won't have to fight one another.

- Ven, giving them the passes to Disney Town after Scrooge tells him to "give them to his parents" ;D

- Terra, teasing Aqua for making the charms at the beginning of the game.

- The fact that they were together as fellow apprentices long before Ven joined them.

I'm kinda a Terqua fan myself so I guess I can sorta explain the situation...I guess. At first it was a tie between Venqua and Terqua but I looked into some of the trailers and yes, the age was one of the factors of why I like them. It seemed more realistic in my opinion. That, and fanfiction.

Game-wise, this guy who knew the translated version of the game posted his reasons for liking Terqua:

-At the end of Olympus Coliseum when Aqua speaks to Hercules, she whispers that she believes Terra will become a hero.

-After Radiant Garden, Aqua becomes much more focused on Terra

I'm kinda a Terqua fan myself so I guess I can sorta explain the situation...I guess. At first it was a tie between Venqua and Terqua but I looked into some of the trailers and yes, the age was one of the factors of why I like them. It seemed more realistic in my opinion. That, and fanfiction.

Game-wise, this guy who knew the translated version of the game posted his reasons for liking Terqua:

-At the end of Olympus Coliseum when Aqua speaks to Hercules, she whispers that she believes Terra will become a hero.

-After Radiant Garden, Aqua becomes much more focused on Terra

Well yes one of the things is the age group, and the fact

Aqua jumped into the realm of darkness and sacrificed herself to save Terra

So that might be one of the reasons

She'd do the same for Ven or Eraqus.

The following contains minor spoilers.

(Credit goes to the Khinsider TerraXAqua fanclub)

1. It's not a forced pairing that only exists for the sake of the story. (chasespicer056)

2. Aqua and Terra have known each other for years, and have been able to get along for that long, making it possible for them to be more than friends. (chasespicer056)

3. Their personalities are similar enough to make them compatible. Both of them are very compassionate Keyblade warriors. (chasespicer056)

4. In Olympus Coliseum Aqua says that she knows Terra will become a hero someday, but makes NO mention of Ven. (rokudamia2)

5. TV Tropes has stated that Terra/Aqua is the most preferred KH pairing. (Kai-raita)

6. In the Keyblade Graveyard when TAV reunites, Terra and Aqua treat Ven like a child or little brother. (LadyScythe)

7. In Enchanted Dominion, after Aqua beats Maleficent, she says that Terra better stay strong for her. (LadyScythe)

8. Terra and Aqua make a sexy pair (basically all the members =D )

9. In Deep Space after Jumba tells Aqua that Terra taught Stitch about friendship, she is relieved and says that Terra is still all right. (rokudamia2)

10. On Destiny Islands Aqua asks what's to become of her and Terra. (chasespicer056)

11. In the Land of Departure Terra says that Aqua is such a girl sometimes, to which she asks, in a bit of an insulted voice, what he means by "sometimes". (Ikkin)

12. In Radiant Garden after Terra falls into darkness, Aqua saves him on her Keyblade Rider, and when she realizes they both can't return, she gives up her armor and Keyblade to send him back, after telling him "I'll always be with you."

13. Even though Aqua constantly sees signs of Terra falling into darkness, she refuses to believe it until she encounters him (unaware he was under Xehanort's possession) at Radiant Garden. (BlackFrozenRose)

14. In Radiant Garden when Terra realizes that Eraqus sent her to spy on him, he doesn't insult her and simply walks away, whereas Ven says she's awful. Despite how mad he was, he wouldn't be mean to her. (BlackFrozenRose)

15. Aqua, despite being a master, never refers to herself as such throughout the entire journey. However, when she encounters Terra and realizes someone is possessing him, she calls herself "Master Aqua" finally. (LadyScythe)

16. On Destiny Islands Terra and Aqua notice the paopu fruit. (LadyScythe)

17. In Deep Space, when Stitch steals Terra's charm, he says "Give that back! My friend made that!" (LadyScythe)

18: Up until he arrived in Radiant Garden, Terra could'nt regain control of his body. However, once Aqua was in danger of being killed, he had enough motivation to push through and take over his body again. (chasespicer056)

19. On Destiny Islands Aqua feels so sad about the distrust that's formed between her and Terra that she decides not to give Sora the Keyblade since Riku already has been chosen to gain one (LadyScythe)

20. Orange and Blue are complimentary colors, and both represent respectively Terra and Aqua.