Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

Sonic Boom (Video Game) Trailer & Breakdown

Hello, Sonic fans of KH13, Firaga The Hedgehog here, speeding across the other side of the rainbow to give you a breakdown of the trailer for the upcoming Sonic Boom video game. (Nobody else did it, so I might as well.)

Before I begin, let's take a look at the trailer one more time, in case you haven't seen it yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2365269009&feature=iv&src_vid=h_A3e2bl334&v=NRprvD5J-YA

Alright, now lets get started:

Things to note: 1) Yes, I realize the redesigns for Sonic, Amy, Tails, and Knuckles have become rather, er, polarizing since their first teasings. I personally have no problems with the designs and I think the Sonic crew looks better than ever... you're not going to kill me for that, right? D: I mean, Tails looks like he's a tech whiz, WHICH HE IS, Amy looks like she's actually ready to smash shit with her Piko Piko Hammer instead of just being... well, Amy. Sonic is the same guy he's always been, just with a Nathan Drake ascot, so no problems there. Also, just to point out, I think that Knuckles looks better than ever. Sorry, guys, but the whole "big tough guy brawler" look is something that actually does appeal to me. I mean shit, look at him, he looks like a beast! So what if he's not puny like the other guys, Knuckles is the power guy of the group. He needs to look the part. He was badass before and he just looks even more badass now. 2) Overall, the game looks tantalizing to the eyes. This game may only be coming for Wii U and the 3DS, but when I first saw it, I could have sworn it was going to be on PS4 or even Xbox One. It looks THAT good, people. This is quite possibly the best looking Sonic game that's ever been made, and I'm not kidding. Previous games have looked aesthetically pleasing as well, but this takes the cake. 3) Gameplay, the core of all games, looks like its going to be reminiscenet of both the Sonic Adventure series and Sonic Heroes, with all four characters having unique playstyles that revolve around their individual skills: Sonic's speed, Knuckles' power, Tails's smarts, and Amy's agility, as well as a general platforming experience for all four individually AND when they're all grouped together. Also, that Shadow Of The Colossus-type scene at the end... damn. O.o

Overall, this game looks good. It's still a work in progress, however, so we really shouldn't get our hopes too high. Still, the potential is astronomical to me, and that's not just b/c of his trailer: the developers behind the Wii U version of the game, Big Button Studios, is a new team making this game as their first... HOWEVER... this team is comprised of ex-Naughty Dog members. Yes, that's right. The same type of people who helped bring us the joy of games like Crash Bandicoot, Jax & Daxter, Uncharted, and even The Last Of Us. Excited yet? THEN GET EXCITED.

Whoo, boy, I haven't written this much in a while. Still, this is all I have to say about this game and the trailer. I'm excited, you should be excited, and the Sonic fanbase should be too. (Even tho I know most of them are just whining like usual. :/)

Edited by Firaga Sensei

I can't wait for the Wii U version of the game, especially since it's supposed to feature full world exploration. I'm leaving my trust in the developers, and hoping that the game will be good. My only problem is with the character models, but the game isn't finished yet. 

While I don't have Wii U, I hope to see info about the 3DS version. I would like to see more of Sonic Boom, and this game might get me back on the Sonic Bandwagon.

Sonic Boom the tv series, looks pretty good, are you guys gonna give it a shot even though the series is gonna be directed towards kids 6-11 years old?

While I don't have Wii U, I hope to see info about the 3DS version. I would like to see more of Sonic Boom, and this game might get me back on the Sonic Bandwagon.

Sonic Boom the tv series, looks pretty good, are you guys gonna give it a shot even though the series is gonna be directed towards kids 6-11 years old?

Well, the TMNT reboot is geared towards that audience too, and considering how the internet LOVES that show, I doubt it makes a difference here. lol

I'm amazed you left out that the 3DS version is by Sanzaru, the same guys behind Ratchet and Clank and Sly 4. I thought you would, considering you're another huge Sly Cooper fan. xD

Also, Wii U games can look pretty too. I speak from firsthand experience, owning one myself. They do the cartoon look amazingly well.

I'm amazed you left out that the 3DS version is by Sanzaru, the same guys behind Ratchet and Clank and Sly 4. I thought you would, considering you're another huge Sly Cooper fan. xD

Also, Wii U games can look pretty too. I speak from firsthand experience, owning one myself. They do the cartoon look amazingly well.

AH, I figured you'd knock me for that. I knew it was by Sanzaru, I just got wrapped up with the whole Big Button/Naughty Dog thing, that I didn't feel like mentioning it. I am glad that Sanzaru is behind the wheel tho. :)

AH, I figured you'd knock me for that. I knew it was by Sanzaru, I just got wrapped up with the whole Big Button/Naughty Dog thing, that I didn't feel like mentioning it. I am glad that Sanzaru is behind the wheel tho. :)

(I swear I tried posting this way earlier but it wouldn't go through -_-) Yeah. xD

As for my thoughts, I'm not sure what I think. I'm far from being a Sonic fan, quite the opposite in fact. I'm not a big fan of the new designs, either. However, the gameplay looked interesting from what we saw of it. If they release demos (Which I bet they will, since Lost World got demos for both 3DS and Wii U), I'll have to give them both a shot. :/ I'm not interested in the cartoon though.

The only new design I don't like is Sonic's new look. I don't really care for the whole bandage thing. I do not wanna judge till we see full gameplay not just snippets of it.

I just kinda wish they did something a bit different for Knuckles. Something about his head seems off to me. I like where they are going with him but he doesn't quite look right to me.

I agree ,it's all good except for Knuckles ,I mean why is he that big? I like the bandages on his arms ,but the guy is huge now.I mean yes they can give him bigger muscles for as strong as he is ,but they went a little overboard.