Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shard the Gentleman

Film Disneys Descendants - New Live Action Film

Posted Image
As you can probably guess by the title, this is a live action film about the offspring of your favorite Disney heroes and Villians.... and they're going to school together... Yep. Not sure what to think about this.

Anyways, more info.

In a present day idyllic kingdom, the benevolent teenaged son of the King and Queen (Beast and Belle from Disney’s iconic "Beauty and the Beast") is poised to take the throne.  His first proclamation: offer a chance at redemption to the trouble-making offspring of Cruella De Vil, Maleficent, The Evil Queen and Jafar who have been imprisoned on a forbidden island with all the other villains, sidekicks, evil step-mothers and step-sisters.

These villainous descendants are allowed into the kingdom to attend prep school alongside the offspring of iconic Disney heroes. However, the evil teens face a dilemma. Should they follow in their nefarious parents’ footsteps and help all the villains regain power or embrace their innate goodness and save the kingdom?

The following is the known list of Characters appearing in the film, or at least mentioned. Following is also listed those who are known to have children appearing in the film, though their names and gender are currently unknown.
Heroes

Belle and Beast
  Ben (Mitchell Hope)
  Rapunzel and Eugene Fitzherbert
  Child(ren) of Unknown Gender & Name
  Fa Mulan and Li Shang
  Aurora and Phillip
  Fairy Godmother
  Child(ren) of Unknown Gender or Name

Villains

Maleficent
  Mal (Dove Cameron)
  Jafar
  Jay (Kortnee Simmons)
  The Evil Queen and possibly First King
  Evvie
  Cruella De Vil
  Carlos

Those names of the villains, though. Mal? Jay? Evvie? CARLOS? Kinda lazy... Anyways, yeah. Mixed feelings.

From the day this was announced (which was months ago) I thought this was going to be bad.

I still think so too.

As for the actors, Mitchell looks like his character is going to act like every Disney Channel generic lead character. I mean he already got the good looks down now comes the repeated "I'm-different" concepts you always see.

Dove...doesn't really remind me of Maleficent.

Kortnee...doesn't look like Jafar's son either. He doesn't even look Arabian.

On top of that, its going to be interesting see how Jafar and Maleficent is dead.

Keep in mind that this is a Disney Channel Original Movie directed by Kenny Ortega. So expect High School Musical levels of quality for this. probably less because I have a bit of nostalgia for those films