Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

Official KH3 on WiiU Rant and Speculation Thread

Its not like a KH3 port for the Wii U won't  be very profitable or anything ( sarcasm)

its not like the  Nintendo fans are not major KH fans (  sarcasm) 

its not like people who own Wii Us are not interested in a KH3 port ( sarcasm)

its not like there is a short time between now whenever KH3 is released, so a port would be impossible ( sarcasm)

its not like Wii U owners care if it is a downgrade, since we all know that Nintendo fans only care about is specs ( sarcasm)

its not like Nintendo fans are not into RPGs , JRPGs, and action RPGs ( sarcasm)

Its not like a KH3 port for the Wii U won't  be very profitable or anything ( sarcasm)

its not like the  Nintendo fans are not major KH fans (  sarcasm) 

its not like people who own Wii Us are not interested in a KH3 port ( sarcasm)

its not like there is a short time between now whenever KH3 is released, so a port would be impossible ( sarcasm)

its not like Wii U owners care if it is a downgrade, since we all know that Nintendo fans only care about is specs ( sarcasm)

its not like Nintendo fans are not into RPGs , JRPGs, and action RPGs ( sarcasm)

it's not like your ignoring all the financial reasons it can't happen(sarcasm)

Edited by Skyace 65

The whole financial reason why it can't happens gets overshadowed by how much $$$ they would make from a Wii U port of KH3

its like people forget that there 4 out of 7 KH games were on Nintendo platforms ,added on to the fact that most Nintendo gamers own both Nintendo consoles and handhelds.

its actually the opposite, The Xbox One version will be the real blow to Square-Enix pockets, you know why

because it will not a make not even half as much as the PS4 version ( I still plan on buying the Xbox One version though).Most Xbox fans don't even keep up with the series ( unlike Sony and Nintendo fans). and most KH fans only game on Sony and Nintendo platforms. In fact I made a topic about who will buy the Xbox One version and guess how many said they will buy the Xbox One version? Only two people from this site said they will buy the Xbox One version. I don't even remember the last time I talked to my friends who game on Microsoft platforms that even mention  RPGs ( let alone KH). But whenever I talk to people who are Nintendo fans about KH , the first thing they mention is KH3 and how they should make a Wii U port. Multiply petitions for a KH3 port to the Wii U were in fact CLOSED because they hit their maximum  amount of people to sign it, the last one I saw hit 200,000 signatures. Now I know that petitions and signatures don't equal sales, but nobody can ignore the fact that there is a very huge interest into a Wii U port for KH3. At the end of the day a Wii U port will be more profitable then a Xbox One port.

Edited by MasterRoxas13

The whole financial reason why it can't happens gets overshadowed by how much $$$ they would make from a Wii U port of KH3

its like people forget that there 4 out of 7 KH games were on Nintendo platforms ,added on to the fact that most Nintendo gamers own both Nintendo consoles and handhelds.

its actually the opposite, The Xbox One version will be the real blow to Square-Enix pockets, you know why

because it will not a make not even half as much as the PS4 version ( I still plan on buying the Xbox One version though).Most Xbox fans don't even keep up with the series ( unlike Sony and Nintendo fans). and most KH fans only game on Sony and Nintendo platforms. In fact I made a topic about who will buy the Xbox One version and guess how many said they will buy the Xbox One version? Only two people from this site said they will buy the Xbox One version. I don't even remember the last time I talked to my friends who game on Microsoft platforms that even mention  RPGs ( let alone KH). But whenever I talk to people who are Nintendo fans about KH , the first thing they mention is KH3 and how they should make a Wii U port. Multiply petitions for a KH3 port to the Wii U were in fact CLOSED because they hit their maximum  amount of people to sign it, the last one I saw hit 200,000 signatures. Now I know that petitions and signatures don't equal sales, but nobody can ignore the fact that there is a very huge interest into a Wii U port for KH3. At the end of the day a Wii U port will be more profitable then a Xbox One port.

if most nintendo gamers owned nintendo consoles and handhelds than the wiiU would be selling a lot better than it is now.

the fact of the matter is it would cost too much to develop and delay the main game releasing. plus they wouldn't even be able to charge that much for the wiiU version since it would be so underdeveloped to the PS4 version, they would only be able to charge like 30$ for it(there would be outrage if the better PS4 version and weaker wiiU version both cost 60$). Xbox1 version is profitable because it runs on very similar architecture to the PS4(64bit) so it doesn't take a lot of resources to port it over, and even if sales are low they would still make a lot of money off of wholesale to video game stores.

Edited by Skyace 65

this is why it would be too dumb to put it on the wiiU. it's hard to develop games for it, and it's a difficulty for third party game companies. Like square for example.

Not to mention it explains why the WiiU sales suck really bad right now.

Edited by khdayskh1314

i wouldn't play it because i don't have a wiiU. Not to mention that i'd rather buy the PS4 and kh3 for that console than buy the Wii U and kh3 for that console. 

why? Because the one for ps4 is going to be better...unless the one for WiiU had exclusives

Nintendo fans are the only ones buying The Wii U right now, no one else . The reason why it is not selling is due to the fact that there is barely any advertising of the system, Microsoft and Sony are mass marketing their consoles, that is why the general consumers known about the PS4 and Xbox One, they are selling so well due to their marketing nothing else. Most consumers think that Nintendo didn't make a new console yet or that the Wii U is just a add-on. If the Nintendo mass market the Wii U since the launch of the console, then it would be flying off shelves right now, due to the fact that everybody would know that the successor to the highly successful Wii was out ( this is Nintendo's fault for shitty marketing)

Again when PS3 was doing bad devs didn't stop making games for the PlayStation 3 because it was hard to develop for, no devs used that excuse with the PS3. Every newly released Wii U game is around $50 to $60 so I doubt that a KH3 port would be any cheaper.Like I said before there are way more KH fans on Nintendo platforms then on Microsoft platforms ( not saying there should not be a Xbox One version). It would be like if Rockstar developed the next major GTA game for the PS4 and Wii U ( the series was never on a Nintendo console before) but not for the Xbox One, you would see every single Microsoft fan asking for a Xbox One port of the next GTA game. That makes no sense, why would they port a game to a platform that has no prior install base and is a major title?  But it is even worse when we are talking about KH since it is a series that relies heavily on the story and single player experience, Most Xbox fans have stopped playing KH after KH2 ( since everybody had a PS2), can't say the same about Nintendo fans. Not saying the Xbox One version will not be profitable, All I am saying is that there will be barely any KH fans who will buy the Xbox One version since most KH fans only game on Sony and Nintendo platforms ( since the games in the main series appeared on those two platforms since 2004). Speaking of Rockstar they are more then likely, going to be make a PC port of GTA 5 because they knew that they have fanbase for it. Square Enix needs to adapt that way of thinking and just make a Wii U port of KH3.A port would boost sales of the Wii U anyways, benefiting both Nintendo and SE.

People really need to stop comparing the Virtual boy to the Wii U, since it the Virtual boy only sold 770,00 while the Wii U is estimated to be now in the 6 millions. Even with bad marketing they still sold a pretty decent amount of Wii Us, imagine if they had just as good marketing as Sony and Microsoft?

Edited by MasterRoxas13

Nintendo fans are the only ones buying The Wii U right now, no one else . The reason why it is not selling is due to the fact that there is barely any advertising of the system, Microsoft and Sony are mass marketing their consoles, that is why the general consumers known about the PS4 and Xbox One, they are selling so well due to their marketing nothing else. Most consumers think that Nintendo didn't make a new console yet or that the Wii U is just a add-on. If the Nintendo mass market the Wii U since the launch of the console, then it would be flying off shelves right now, due to the fact that everybody would know that the successor to the highly successful Wii was out ( this is Nintendo's fault for shitty marketing)

Again when PS3 was doing bad devs didn't stop making games for the PlayStation 3 because it was hard to develop for, no devs used that excuse with the PS3. Every newly released Wii U game is around $50 to $60 so I doubt that a KH3 port would be any cheaper.Like I said before there are way more KH fans on Nintendo platforms then on Microsoft platforms ( not saying there should not be a Xbox One version). It would be like if Rockstar developed the next major GTA game for the PS4 and Wii U ( the series was never on a Nintendo console before) but not for the Xbox One, you would see every single Microsoft fan asking for a Xbox One port of the next GTA game. That makes no sense, why would they port a game to a platform that has no prior install base and is a major title?  But it is even worse when we are talking about KH since it is a series that relies heavily on the story and single player experience, Most Xbox fans have stopped playing KH after KH2 ( since everybody had a PS2), can't say the same about Nintendo fans. Not saying the Xbox One version will not be profitable, All I am saying is that there will be barely any KH fans who will buy the Xbox One version since most KH fans only game on Sony and Nintendo platforms ( since the games in the main series appeared on those two platforms since 2004). Speaking of Rockstar they are more then likely, going to be make a PC port of GTA 5 because they knew that they have fanbase for it. Square Enix needs to adapt that way of thinking and just make a Wii U port of KH3.A port would boost sales of the Wii U anyways, benefiting both Nintendo and SE.

People really need to stop comparing the Virtual boy to the Wii U, since it the Virtual boy only sold 770,00 while the Wii U is estimated to be now in the 6 millions. Even with bad marketing they still sold a pretty decent amount of Wii Us, imagine if they had just as good marketing as Sony and Microsoft?

marketing can't save a bad system, your talking about it like the wiiU is an unappreciated gem when that's not true. even with marketing the casual crowd wouldn't get it, why? because what made the wii successful is the motion gimmick, that's what drew in the families and casual gamers, when Nintendo tossed that to the side(and low price) they lost that audience. And without graphics power they lost the core gamer audience who will get every other system instead.

in regards to the prior install base comment, Nintendo handhelds have a prior install base for KH, their consoles do not. thats not to say the crowds overlap, but your making it out to be that everyone who had a DS or 3DS and played a KH game has a wiiU and is missing out when that's not true.

Marketing can save any system ( especially when most consumers think that Wii U is a add-on),  your talking about the Wii U like it is a piece of garbage when that is not even true. Nintendo still has motion controls into the Wii U because it was extremely successful , even Microsoft and Sony came up with their own motion control features for their 7th gen consoles ( PlayStation move and the Kinect), How can the casuals not get into the system? It has the same features that made the Wii successful +  a gamepad, and before you say " then why are they not buying then" again blame the marketing for the lack of sales. There are core gamers that buy the Wii U ( usually as a secondary or thirdly console) it is just the general consumers who are the ones that are not buying Wii U ( Either they think it is a add-on or they don't even know that Nintendo made a successor to the Wii) . If the Wii U lacks graphical power then why are, at least some of its games are render in 1080p ( either upscale or native)?

Most people who own handhelds own consoles. For example most Nintendo gamers game on both Nintendo consoles and handhelds. Since the series have been on Nintendo handhelds 4 times, Nintendo fans, who are KH fans, would be very interested in a port of KH3 for the Wii U ( if they own one). Multiply  petitions show a vast interest for a port and again petitions don't equal sales, but it is the only way for Nintendo fans to show that they have a interest for a KH3 port. Not everyone who owns a 3DS owns a Wii U, but most in fact do. Not every person who owned a PlayStation 3 , owned a PSP but Square made Birth By Sleep for it anyways so if you was a KH fan you had to buy a PSP to continue with the story, at least with a port, KH fans who don't own a PS4 or Xbox One, can just buy it for the Wii U. The audience of KH3 goes perfectly with the Wii U ( which consist of kids, families and adults) , so that is another reason why it should go to the Wii U.

Edited by MasterRoxas13

this is why it would be too dumb to put it on the wiiU. it's hard to develop games for it, and it's a difficulty for third party game companies. Like square for example.

Not to mention it explains why the WiiU sales suck really bad right now.

The Wii U outsold the Virtual Boy total sales at launch, so the Wii U is already far more successful than a system that couldn't even make it to 1 million.

And it's not that the Wii U is hard to develop for, it's that it's different from developing on PS4/One.

The Wii U outsold the Virtual Boy total sales at launch, so the Wii U is already far more successful than a system that couldn't even make it to 1 million.And it's not that the Wii U is hard to develop for, it's that it's different from developing on PS4/One.

Well if you haven't noticed, this is the twenty first century now. Nintendo is a big company now and not to mention that it's expected that Nintendo would get millions of sales. The virtual by was complete bulls hit at its time and it still is. The wiiU isn't pure bullshit. But it's failing fundamentally because of the same reasons of the virtual boy. Did you even watch the video? Back in the day in the nineties gaming wasn't such a big industry. So getting just a couple million sales was a milestone in itself. Now that it's a quite successful business now, it's typical that a company such as Nintendo would get sales for this. For goodness sake if the virtual boy never existed before and they released it now with updated graphics but with the same problems the hardware would get at least a million sales or two. Seriously. Consider the limitations of the past and compare them with the present if you're going to make an argument like that.And it is VERY true that it's hard for 3rd party developers to release their games for multiple consoles especially if one of their target consoles is the Wii U. Imagine porting kh3 on Xbox One PS4 AND wiiU. Not only does square have to make a game meant to be played and viewed on a single TV screen, they have to deal with the issue of porting it to the wiiU. That means completely restructuring the game so that it has functions that use the game pad. That means extra programming, extra money that doesn't need to be spent, and extra TIME that doesn't need to be wasted for a game we have been waiting so Frick ING LONG for. No third party wants to deal with that.I don't hate the WiiU or anything. It's just that I want to point this out towards you and that the WiiU is a sinking ship Nintendo is bailing out of Edited by khdayskh1314

Marketing can save any system ( especially when most consumers think that Wii U is a add-on),  your talking about the Wii U like it is a piece of garbage when that is not even true. Nintendo still has motion controls into the Wii U because it was extremely successful , even Microsoft and Sony came up with their own motion control features for their 7th gen consoles ( PlayStation move and the Kinect), How can the casuals not get into the system? It has the same features that made the Wii successful +  a gamepad, and before you say " then why are they not buying then" again blame the marketing for the lack of sales. There are core gamers that buy the Wii U ( usually as a secondary or thirdly console) it is just the general consumers who are the ones that are not buying Wii U ( Either they think it is a add-on or they don't even know that Nintendo made a successor to the Wii) . If the Wii U lacks graphical power then why are, at least some of its games are render in 1080p ( either upscale or native)? Most people who own handhelds own consoles. For example most Nintendo gamers game on both Nintendo consoles and handhelds. Since the series have been on Nintendo handhelds 4 times, Nintendo fans, who are KH fans, would be very interested in a port of KH3 for the Wii U ( if they own one). Multiply  petitions show a vast interest for a port and again petitions don't equal sales, but it is the only way for Nintendo fans to show that they have a interest for a KH3 port. Not everyone who owns a 3DS owns a Wii U, but most in fact do. Not every person who owned a PlayStation 3 , owned a PSP but Square made Birth By Sleep for it anyways so if you was a KH fan you had to buy a PSP to continue with the story, at least with a port, KH fans who don't own a PS4 or Xbox One, can just buy it for the Wii U. The audience of KH3 goes perfectly with the Wii U ( which consist of kids, families and adults) , so that is another reason why it should go to the Wii U.

I know the wiiU is a decent console and all that. And Nintendo is known for making up good gimmicks that can cater to all gamers. But with the wiiU the big fail was the game pad. The console and the game pad are quite innovative. But like all consoles it has its issues. For the wiiU it's just that the mistakes made on this one are more prevalent than others. It's got a pretty small library compared to the average Console. Most of the games were made by Nintendo itself. A few third parties here and there but you get my point right? I like the Wii U actually. It's just that I want to show people why it's got bad sales now. And what I said about comparison to the virtual boy I truly believe that it is true. The wiiU is no where near as bad as the virtual boy. But the fundamental problems are the same. It's just not as extreme as the virtual boy's problems were.

Before I go any further, I'm well aware it won't be on the Wii U. (Before people repeat the obvious) That said...

FYI Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze doesnt utilize the game pad iirc. KH 3 doesn't need to either.

Talking in general, why is it that everyone thinks the game needs to utilize the game pad? Back in the Wii days, not all games required motion controls, just holding sideways the Wii remote. Then there's some games (like SSB) that is best used with the classic or GC controller because of more controls, not the motion controls. (Yes the Wiimote has one function, but no one uses it as its for smash hitting, and you can't even charge the smash!)

Anyhow technicalities, etc prevent stuff like KH 3 from being released on the Wii U. (Not counting games that the developers gimped on, little by little stopped giving support, and the excuse "it doesn't sell." No shit, you give Nintendo the short end of the stick, what did you expect?)

Edited by OmegaForte