Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Skyace 65

KHDays In retrospect, the plot for days could have been handled a LOT better.

I shall admit: I was disappointed on the lack of learning more on the member's development and personalities of Organization XIII, such as the ones sent to Castle Oblivion, Xaldin, Demyx, and my favourite: Luxord. Xion's stroy, while interesting and heart-wenching, could have been toned down a little, and more focus be put into the others, how they all respond to one another, and their thoughts on who they are and what they think about Knigdom Hearts and the goal of possessing a heart.

This, this, thisthisthis. I was REALLY hoping we'd get more Organization screentime from the other members, but nahhh.

Xion, in my eyes, only really existed to add more emphasis and complexity to Roxas' story. Like you said, she didn't really have much of a reason to exist in context of the overarching narrative, which is why I can kind of find it justifiable when people call her a "Mary Sue". In my opinion, her role could have, and should have been utilized by all the other members of the organization. Instead of Roxas forming a bond with any of them, instead, all we got was his interaction with two other singular characters, one of which was already established as a very close friend before the game came out. While that was fine for the most part, things might have have been so much better if we learned more about Roxas through his interaction with other members of the Organization, instead of just with two. I feel as though Roxas' betrayal of the Organization may have had more emotional impact if it didn't feel like the only person there he was really betraying was Axel. Not everyone in the group were one-dimensional, selfish villains, yet I can't help but feel like Days made a lot of them out to be that way, if that makes any sense.

Xion was created to diffuse the AkuRoku- she did quite well, but it will never be destroyed entirely

It was all a plot by Xemnas and Saix to make their shipping more popular,

I liked the story of Days very much and I think they did a good job on bringing in Xion. Then again, I don't think too much about the 'what if.. she wasn't there' or similar stuff. I usually take the dish as it's served lol. Doesn't mean I'm satisfied with every little bit of the game though, because I agree with you. I also was very disappointed that the other members were barely touched upon. The game solely focused on the main characters which were Roxas, Xion and Axel and by extension Xemnas, Saix and maybe Riku. It felt like the others were more or less ignored. I have to say though, that playing the DS game was a better experience interaction-wise than the movie in the remix. Obviously. Still, the connections weren't there at all. 

I think the manga did a better job on that.

I didn't care for Xion. Her death meant nothing to me. They should have expanded on Xemnas' motives & the dying friendship between Axel & Saïx. Xion is meaningless & is easily forgotten, just like she was in the game.

I didn't mind Xion as a character, but I will admit that she perhaps did seem like a bit of a last minute thing, supported by the fact that 358/2 days was created very quickly. Ultimately though, I think that she was a good character and was expanded upon well, though she did take away from the other Organization members possibly having a bit more of a backstory and possibly a bigger role.

I think that she probably was needed though, otherwise the storyline would be bit boring. I mean, who would really want to watch two people sit on a clocktower everyday and eat icecream? I mean, one more person, especially a female added a bit more to the dynamic of the trio.

I don't think that 358/2 days would have been able to be completed as well without Xion in there, and only Roxas and Axel, so while I will admit that she was kinda random and out of no where, the game wouldn't have really worked without her presence. 

Xion is the worst character in the entire series, 358/2 could have focused on the interesting members of XIII but instead wasted time with that terribly voice acted, boring "character" known as Xion. 

I didn't care for Xion. Her death meant nothing to me. They should have expanded on Xemnas' motives & the dying friendship between Axel & Saïx. Xion is meaningless & is easily forgotten, just like she was in the game.

Well they seem to focus heavily on the whole "trio" of friends thing...So there's that.

Xion is the worst character in the entire series, 358/2 could have focused on the interesting members of XIII but instead wasted time with that terribly voice acted, boring "character" known as Xion. 

I agree on the voice actress part. I was disappointed to learn that girl was going to do it...It would have been better if she had a really good actress similar to Hayden P. :/

Edited by King.Mickey

Thoughts on pmot devolve into a Xion hate thread.Yeah whatever. *walks out*

Hardly a "hate" thread; it's just people giving their honests thoughts of how the story on 358/2 Days could have been more progressive. And I don't hate Xion, I like her and feel sorry for her. Here's some random info: I had a crush on her when I was younger. xD

Edited by Caxkj

I never understood people's obsession with the organization members It doesn't take much to understand them most of them are extremely shallow. Nobody in the organization wanted to hang out with roxas, so even without xion i doubt we would know much about the other members, the only reason axel and him are friends is because axel was ordered to watch him.

so if Xion didn't exist the entire game would likely be Roxas angsting over who he is until he cut himself off from everyone and tried to leave and that guy is too moody already. at least xion gives him an even better reason to want to leave, so i like the game as is.

I never understood people's obsession with the organization members It doesn't take much to understand them most of them are extremely shallow. Nobody in the organization wanted to hang out with roxas, so even without xion i doubt we would know much about the other members, the only reason axel and him are friends is because axel was ordered to watch him.

so if Xion didn't exist the entire game would likely be Roxas angsting over who he is until he cut himself off from everyone and tried to leave and that guy is too moody already. at least xion gives him an even better reason to want to leave, so i like the game as is.

but that's exactly the problem, the other members we're pretty shallow and this was their chance to make them seem less shallow, give them some complexity and instead they just focused on something completely irrelevant

And as you point out in Days nobody wanted to hang out with Roxas, which is another big problem. Whenever we defeat a nobody in KH2 it's always "why Roxas?" Implying he was devoted to the organization and that everyone felt betrayed by him becoming sora. But we never actually see him develop a complex enough relationship with the others that would make them feel betrayed by him turning into Sora and going against them.

And the game wouldn't have to be him angsting over who he is, they could have done a variety of things that would explore the organization and other members. maybe learn a bit more about the plot the CoB group had to topple the organization, seeing what exactly Riku and Mickey were doing during that year. They had a lot of possibility's to work with.

I shall admit: I was disappointed on the lack of learning more on the member's development and personalities of Organization XIII, such as the ones sent to Castle Oblivion, Xaldin, Demyx, and my favourite: Luxord. Xion's stroy, while interesting and heart-wenching, could have been toned down a little, and more focus be put into the others, how they all respond to one another, and their thoughts on who they are and what they think about Knigdom Hearts and the goal of possessing a heart.

Hah, yes! Luxord was my favorite as well.

At least Birth by Sleep had shown us a bit of the apprentices. I would have loved for Days to show us the other members.

But I still loved Xion as a character. Of course the plot could have been better, but this is the case for any work of fiction. What has happened already happened.

Well, TBH Days, Coded and 3D are all unnecessary. Days for the reasons you mentioned, Coded because the Data Worlds are irrelevant and the point about Sora needidng to help TAV could have been put in KH III and 3D because, again, the ending revelations could have been put in III as could their MoM exam it would just have to have been more traditional. like in BbS. That however, doesn't diminish my enjoyment of them. 

but that's exactly the problem, the other members we're pretty shallow and this was their chance to make them seem less shallow, give them some complexity and instead they just focused on something completely irrelevant

And as you point out in Days nobody wanted to hang out with Roxas, which is another big problem. Whenever we defeat a nobody in KH2 it's always "why Roxas?" Implying he was devoted to the organization and that everyone felt betrayed by him becoming sora. But we never actually see him develop a complex enough relationship with the others that would make them feel betrayed by him turning into Sora and going against them.

And the game wouldn't have to be him angsting over who he is, they could have done a variety of things that would explore the organization and other members. maybe learn a bit more about the plot the CoB group had to topple the organization, seeing what exactly Riku and Mickey were doing during that year. They had a lot of possibility's to work with.

They didn't really care about him, they where just butthurt that they no longer had a Keyblade wielder under their control to help the get their hearts back. It was the Keyblade they missed, not Roxas.

Xion was created so people would have reason to buy a game. "The 14th Organization Member", well that alone makes me want to know what the hell happened to her. Her whole intention from my perspective was just a marketing tactic.