Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Cucco

Are you concerned about the quality of KHIII?

Unlike a lot of you apparently, I don't have unconditional love for the Kingdom Hearts series. If a game has flaws, I'm going to point out those flaws. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance have a lot of flaws that I have gone into before, mainly DDD. Instead of Telling you the flaws of the game all over again, I'll just link you to a thread about it I made.

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/72284-4-things-i-hate-about-ddd/

I'm concerned for the quality of KHIII because of these things. I'm concerned about mainly the story, because as I explained in that thread, the story was pretty f*cking terrible in that game. I'm just hoping Nomura will put some genuine thought into the story this time, instead of just making it a terrible clusterf*ck of plot points that he pulled out of his ass. I want the game to have the same quality (or possibly better) in terms of the plot and narrative that KH2 had. That game was what made a lot of us love the series, and for me, the narrative and plot of that game was a pretty big part of why I love it. I just want the game to give me the same feeling as that game did. Hopefully Nomura can find a way to make the story of the series great again, even after he kind of ruined it with DDD in my opinion. If he can find a thought out and amazing way to make these terrible things I mentioned in the thread I linked amazing, then he will have redeemed himself. 

So my question to you is: Do you feel the same way as I do? Are you concerned about the quality of the game? After waiting for 9 years, it better be good.

Edited by Christopher Sexbang

Unlike a lot of you apparently, I don't have unconditional love for the Kingdom Hearts series. If a game has flaws, I'm going to point out those flaws. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance have a lot of flaws that I have gone into before, mainly DDD. Instead of Telling you the flaws of the game all over again, I'll just link you to a thread about it I made.

I'm concerned for the quality of KHIII because of these things. I'm concerned about mainly the story, because as I explained in that thread, the story was pretty f*cking terrible in that game. I'm just hoping Nomura will put some genuine thought into the story this time, instead of just making it a terrible clusterf*ck of plot points that he pulled out of his ass. I want the game to have the same quality (or possibly better) in terms of the plot and narrative that KH2 had. That game was what made a lot of us love the series, and for me, the narrative and plot of that game was a pretty big part of why I love it. I just want the game to give me the same feeling as that game did. Hopefully Nomura can find a way to make the story of the series great again, even after he kind of ruined it with DDD in my opinion. If he can find a thought out and amazing way to make these terrible things I mentioned in the thread I linked amazing, then he will have redeemed himself. 

So my question to you is: Do you feel the same way as I do? Are you concerned about the quality of the game? After waiting for 9 years, it better be good.

Waiting nine years was your decision.

If it's as good as Kingdom Hearts II I'll be very happy.

I'm with ruby rose on this one i'm more concerned about if its going to be released in my lifetime at the moment i'm not too worried about the quality but I hope its good all we know so far is that Sora, Donald and Goofy will be" searching for the key to return hearts" and the 7 gaurdians of light I think as for riku and mickey I think they will search for "the previous keyblade wielders"

Edited by lea12345

My mind works in a way where it's hard for me to tell whether a video game is bad or not, so I don't think it really matters how Kingdom Hearts III turns out from my point of view, as long as its not ridiculously terrible. 

Edited by Blue Bolt

Waiting nine years was your decision.

If it's as good as Kingdom Hearts II I'll be very happy.

We've all been waiting 9 years for another numbered title, none of the side games have the same quality of the numbered games.

I'm concerned about the quality too but not because of DDD I loved DDD so much

I'm more concerned because I don't know how those attraction attacks will fit when you fight in small places without clipping through buildings so I hope those attraction attacks will be removed or at least be limited to certain worlds

As for the story,they should reduce the amount of Deus ex machina because  there is no need for Eraqus to come back and for the love of God stop giving keyblades like candy.....it's like Opra screaming KEYBLADES FOR EVERYONE

Also,I want them to take a little bit of risk for the writing and they should never hesitate to let a character die if that will help the plot....death does happen in Disney,if Mufasa can die why can't a side character in KH die too if that would help the plot?

and lastly,for the love of God GIVE FINAL FANTASY CHARACTERS MORE RELEVANCE DAMMIT!!!

The series started as Disney meet Final Fantasy crossover and it worked really well in the KH1 and KH2 I loved the interaction between Squall and the other FFVII crew with other Disney characters like Merlin and Mickey...heck that actually gave Squall a good character that he never had in FF8

But after KH2 they were totallly gone with the exception of Zack who was mostly a cameo boss in Olympus colosseum,aside from moogles,no other FF character has appeared at all even though Squall(Leon) and the others should've appeared in BBS so we can know more about their origins in Radiant Garden but nooooo Nomura decided to toss them away for a 1 minute cutscene with Lea and Isa that really didn't add much in the long run to be honest

I want Leon and the others to come back in KH3 and have more important role in the plot especially in defending their homeworld Radiant Garden,and they should introduce more FF characters,heck they can fit some of them in some Disney worlds like what they did in the colosseim.

I couldn't believe that they missed the chance to add Gau(from FF6) to KH1's deep jungle,an interaction between Gau and Tarzan would've been hilarious,and Setzer's(from FF6) role in KH2 as a Struggle player was so disappointing.

Also,they could add the concept that a Keyblade master can get his own Eidolon to summon once heshe pass the Mark of Mastery test,that would've actually made the damn test more relevant and rewarding rather than feeling empty and pointless like what they did with it in BBS

Example:Sora gets Odin,Aqua gets Shiva,Terra gets Titan....etc

Those are just my hopes though,also please add Caius Ballad as one of the new villains,if old hag Maleficent was a main villain Nomura can fit Caius in and totally retcon his XIII trilogy origins.

I need to see another trailer that shows some of the story to see how much I'll be concerned.

Sure I love Kingdom Hearts but the series needs to improve and learn from the story telling of other JRPGs around it and the ones that came before it like how FF6 handled it's huge playable roster of characters without forcing you to revisit and repeat the same places like what BBS did

Well Mr. Christopher Sexbang, I for one thought that KH3D's story was amazing, but since you talked with such finesse, I won't say anything, and besides, I respect your opinion.  And in terms of quality, I know that Kingdom Hearts 3 will deliver.  It will deliver in gameplay, in story, in graphics, in music, in pretty much every front.  After 9 whole years of waiting, I am more than certain that Kingdom Hearts 3 will have the utmost quality in the series, it being the end of the Xehanort Saga and all.  I'm willing to wait a bit longer if that means getting a quality video game.  And considering the 9 year waiting period, I rest my case.  I'm all psyched up! :D

I feel ya! A lot of people dick ride DDD, it was horrible!!! But consider this, that game was made in 1 year! Start to finish... They had almost NO development time! Personally, the KH series has gotten a little TOO much fan-service in the recent years to the point that it makes me cringe. I pray to god they do not firetruck up the KHIII...

I'm concerned about the quality too but not because of DDD I loved DDD so much

I'm more concerned because I don't know how those attraction attacks will fit when you fight in small places without clipping through buildings so I hope those attraction attacks will be removed or at least be limited to certain worlds

As for the story,they should reduce the amount of Deus ex machina because  there is no need for Eraqus to come back and for the love of God stop giving keyblades like candy.....it's like Opra screaming KEYBLADES FOR EVERYONE

Also,I want them to take a little bit of risk for the writing and they should never hesitate to let a character die if that will help the plot....death does happen in Disney,if Mufasa can die why can't a side character in KH die too if that would help the plot?

and lastly,for the love of God GIVE FINAL FANTASY CHARACTERS MORE RELEVANCE DAMMIT!!!

The series started as Disney meet Final Fantasy crossover and it worked really well in the KH1 and KH2 I loved the interaction between Squall and the other FFVII crew with other Disney characters like Merlin and Mickey...heck that actually gave Squall a good character that he never had in FF8

But after KH2 they were totallly gone with the exception of Zack who was mostly a cameo boss in Olympus colosseum,aside from moogles,no other FF character has appeared at all even though Squall(Leon) and the others should've appeared in BBS so we can know more about their origins in Radiant Garden but nooooo Nomura decided to toss them away for a 1 minute cutscene with Lea and Isa that really didn't add much in the long run to be honest

I want Leon and the others to come back in KH3 and have more important role in the plot especially in defending their homeworld Radiant Garden,and they should introduce more FF characters,heck they can fit some of them in some Disney worlds like what they did in the colosseim.

I couldn't believe that they missed the chance to add Gau(from FF6) to KH1's deep jungle,an interaction between Gau and Tarzan would've been hilarious,and Setzer's(from FF6) role in KH2 as a Struggle player was so disappointing.

Also,they could add the concept that a Keyblade master can get his own Eidolon to summon once heshe pass the Mark of Mastery test,that would've actually made the damn test more relevant and rewarding rather than feeling empty and pointless like what they did with it in BBS

Example:Sora gets Odin,Aqua gets Shiva,Terra gets Titan....etc

Those are just my hopes though,also please add Caius Ballad as one of the new villains,if old hag Maleficent was a main villain Nomura can fit Caius in and totally retcon his XIII trilogy origins.

I need to see another trailer that shows some of the story to see how much I'll be concerned.

Sure I love Kingdom Hearts but the series needs to improve and learn from the story telling of other JRPGs around it and the ones that came before it like how FF6 handled it's huge playable roster of characters without forcing you to revisit and repeat the same places like what BBS did

Yeah, They really should add some more non-nomura designed FF characters in.

ALSO THAT SUMMON IDEA IS FANTASTIC. Why the firetruck did bahamut get thrown out of KH1? He would be tons better than genie or mushu....They could have easily replaced mushu for bahamut. 

I feel ya! A lot of people dick ride DDD, it was horrible!!! But consider this, that game was made in 1 year! Start to finish... They had almost NO development time! Personally, the KH series has gotten a little TOO much fan-service in the recent years to the point that it makes me cringe. I pray to god they do not firetruck up the KHIII...

My thoughts exactly. I loved some of the worlds in DDD and the gameplay, along with the atmosphere of the game, but the story was terrible on so many levels.

i actually really liked DDD. i think its one of the best entries in the series. i thought the story was actually very entertaining and the gameplay is the awesome kh norm! oh! and it had a TWEWY crossover. extra points for that! xD

Edited by benj0818

I think you along with everyone has reason for concern about KH3's story, based on the story implementation of KH3D, but take it with a grain of salt.Nomura has stated many times that the unnumbered games are experiments for what would and would not work in a main entry title. This mostly concerns the game mechanics, but it also involves the story. Days and Coded were very episodic, Birth by Sleep was the same story told from three perspectives, and KH3D constantly swapped between two protagonist, all while having flashbacks and journal entries.Since KH3 is a main game (and a finale for the first trilogy), they are probably going to stick with the same story format of KH1 and KH2. While KH3D's story may have left a foul taste in some mouths, the only thing we can do is be patient and trust that Nomura knows what he is doing.

Yes, yes, a million times yes. They have so, SO many things to fit in the game and I really doubt they can do it all in a satisfying manner, tbh.

I know, at least in some way, this game's going to be a disappointment because there's been so much hype, and so many years for us to come up with our own endings. It's never going to be able to live up to that.

I think the real question is what am I NOT worried about in KHIII. LOL. I'm worried that they're not going to develop Kairi at all and leave her as a plot device, that the gameplay's going to be like II's again, that the Disney worlds will be handled badly again, that it'll have poor scripting and OOC-ness like KHII did, that Pete and Maleficent will continue to be laughable, that it'll have some really stupid and cheap ending, that the story will feel disjointed if they put different character scenarios in it, etc.

I also thought that the story in DDD was just terrible, so I am very concerned about the story for KH3. I already feel like it's going to disappoint, considering that they're bringing back every other character from previous games (including ones I don't want back like Lea and all of the organization members). But this game is going to take more time to develop than the side games, so we just have to have faith right now that it'll all turn out good. I'm hope Nomura has heard complaints about the story in the past games and attempts to improve it. But now all we can do is wait and hope for the best.

Short answer,

No.

Long answer,

I am not concerned. While you may feel like 3Ds story was made up at the last minute, I think that may actually work in KH III's favor as now those plot points don't have to be explained in III so the focus can stay on the main problem, that is, stopping Xehanort once again and for the final time from obtaining Kingdom Hearts,

I think a BbS or 3D type story model (i.e multiple lead characters) would work but it has to be handled differently, have each of the main 3, Sora, Kairi and Riku each visit different worlds on their mission and only cross paths when there's a major battle in a world, like how the FF characters helped out during the siege of Hollow Bastion or then TAV came together to fight that giant 3 piece Unversed. And don't have us have to fight the battle from each characters perspective, Just once, but there could be 3 battles like this before the final world, One in Twilight Town, one in Radiant garden and one in a new world. And have the switch happen at pre-determined times and only once for each character. Don't make us play the whole game 3 times, don't rip us out of a boss battle and don't have us switch a lot. Have us visit a certain number of worlds as one character, move on to the next, and then the next. 

I actually explored this in great detail in a prediction thread I made long before the first trailer popped up and I have seen nothing yet to make me think they can't, or won't, do something similar.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

This is a mild concern of mine, admittedly.  I really loved all of the PS installments, including Birth by Sleep, but the ones for Nintendo were lackluster to put it bluntly.  I Feel that the games are focusing on the Disney elements rather than the Final Fantasy ones, and thus presenting us with a childlike game and, while grand, I much preferred the perfect blend of Final Fantasy and innocence which emanated from the Disney side of the game.  I also feel that the plot is taking a bit of a turn for the worst, especially with Keyblades being given away left and right.  It's bad enough that both Sora and Riku can wield them, but Lea and Kairi?  Don't get me wrong, both are amazing characters in their own right, though it's a personal preference of mine for the Keyblade to be offered to a select few rather than a number of people.

Regardless, I'll certainly be playing Kingdom Hearts III, though I'm not expecting to love it unless it's very much like the main installments and sticks to a semi-serious plot.  I don't think it should be dark, but I would like it to be a little less fluffy than Dream Drop Distance, if you know what I mean.