Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
CrownKeeper13

HIMYM Alternate Ending

I just got done watching the finale. Boy was that a horrible ending for such an awesome show. The final ending for Prison Break suddenly doesn't look all that bad now.

Edited by JTD95

I'm not going to read any of the comments or the post because I haven't watched the last season yet, I just finished 8. My friend and I talked about alternate endings just today about HIMYM, and it went something like Ted went gay and Barney had a sex change... or Ted doing the same thing Robin did in one of the Robin and Barney episodes where she talked to her future kids that she can't have. The kids are adopted, or kidnapped, remember when Barney pretended to steal a baby?...If you were looking were a serous answer then you've come to the wrong place...

It was a good ending because I bet no one saw that coming. None of the things that happened in the last episode. But I must say I hated it, because all I believed the show was, what he felt, was a lie. I thought Ted'd be happy with his wife, but he wasn't. I thought Robin loved Barney, but she didn't. I didn't think there'd be such sad events in the last episode, but there were way too many. Worst of all for me was that Robin rejected Ted through the rest of the show, and when he's happy she changed her mind? What kind of love is that? And what about what she said she should have ended up with him? Because he was nice? 

I hate the Robin of this last episode, I do. The happy edning would be my choice, but it's not what happened. The ending was genius, really good, well wrtitten andamazing ideas, but I just didn't like it. 

It was a good ending because I bet no one saw that coming. None of the things that happened in the last episode.

Just because no one saw it coming doesn't make it good. Having a bunch of stupid twists and turns is the recipe for a M. Night Shyamalan movie.

After having one and half season building up to Robin and Barney's wedding, they divorce? And all the character development Barney went through, was thrown in the trash and he reverted back to his original self. And then he randomly becomes a father. The mother dies and Ted runs back with Robin. All this build up to the mother. The one! The one he lives happily ever after with. She dies. So many stupid twists which ruined the characters and what the show was about.

Just because no one saw it coming doesn't make it good. Having a bunch of stupid twists and turns is the recipe for a M. Night Shyamalan movie.

After having one and half season building up to Robin and Barney's wedding, they divorce? And all the character development Barney went through, was thrown in the trash and he reverted back to his original self. And then he randomly becomes a father. The mother dies and Ted runs back with Robin. All this build up to the mother. The one! The one he lives happily ever after with. She dies. So many stupid twists which ruined the characters and what the show was about.

Well, I just thought it was good because life can be like that too: a number of things suddenly happen, that you don't even realise. And a lot of sad suprises too. Sometimes death is just as random as that. I just think they exagerate it, there were way too many, and the show lost itself, like you said. And really dissapointing was how Ted still hadn't forgotten about Robin, which caused the impression that he didn't care so much about the mother.

Well, I just thought it was good because life can be like that too: a number of things suddenly happen, that you don't even realise. And a lot of sad suprises too. Sometimes death is just as random as that. I just think they exagerate it, there were way too many, and the show lost itself, like you said. And really dissapointing was how Ted still hadn't forgotten about Robin, which caused the impression that he didn't care so much about the mother.

Yes, life can be that. Random deaths, the marriage didn't work. But you can't take all that into account when writing a story. It didn't fit the style of the show. It didn't have that kind of realism earlier in the show, so why get it now? Also, why have so much happen in the last episode, when the entire season was over the course of one weekend.

And all the character development Barney went through, was thrown in the trash and he reverted back to his original self. 

But Barney did the same thing after EVERY major relationship. Nora, Quinn, and Robin. I don't see why it's so hard to believe that he went back to his single life, considering he's idk single. Besides, in the end he was once again brought down by a "woman." Personally, I think the ending was good. I mean the mom died 6 years ago, god forbid he move on after 6 years. People change. Robin changed. She grew up and realized how lonely she was. How lonely SHE made herself. Now yes it could've been handled better. Maybe not cram it all into one episode. That makes it seem as if everything was rushed and thrown together. But in all honesty what actually happened was good imo. Although I think the kids are a bunch of spoiled brats. If you go back and watch the first episode after finding out what happened to the mom, the kids say "Are we being punished?" when told they would be told about how their dad met their mother. 

Yes, life can be that. Random deaths, the marriage didn't work. But you can't take all that into account when writing a story. It didn't fit the style of the show. It didn't have that kind of realism earlier in the show, so why get it now? Also, why have so much happen in the last episode, when the entire season was over the course of one weekend.

But that doesn't make it a horrible or bad ending. And the show had lots of sad moments, perhaps it was a sudden change considering the last season, but it had a very strong realism throughout it as a whole. 

And I totally agree with you in that last part. The 9th season had few events for most of it, and suddenly everything appeared in the last three episodes, so they should have done a better job by showing Ted spending more time with the mom, and overall spacing out of the things that were all in the last episode. It was really annoying how they seemed to be delaying the ending by making mediocre episodes. 

But Barney did the same thing after EVERY major relationship. Nora, Quinn, and Robin. I don't see why it's so hard to believe that he went back to his single life, considering he's idk single. Besides, in the end he was once again brought down by a "woman." Personally, I think the ending was good. I mean the mom died 6 years ago, god forbid he move on after 6 years. People change. Robin changed. She grew up and realized how lonely she was. How lonely SHE made herself. Now yes it could've been handled better. Maybe not cram it all into one episode. That makes it seem as if everything was rushed and thrown together. But in all honesty what actually happened was good imo. Although I think the kids are a bunch of spoiled brats. If you go back and watch the first episode after finding out what happened to the mom, the kids say "Are we being punished?" when told they would be told about how their dad met their mother. 

You put everything really well. Barney had this change lots of times in the series, as he had more serious relationships, and ruined them.

And that was the biggest issue, since they saved all events to the very end, it was really dissapointing seeing Ted rushing to Robin again, because it really seemed he quickly got over the mother. That's what causes all sorts of feeling in the ending for me, because when you hear his kids saying "it's been six year dad", you realise he deserves to be happy, and no one should keep locking themselves up, and being alone because they were in love. 

But Robin? Saying that Ted was "probably the guy I should've had ended up with" was heartbreaking. Didn't she had feelings for Barney? And worst of all, how will he feel when he finds out Ted and Robin are dating? So the series made big contradictions here.

But that doesn't make it a horrible or bad ending. And the show had lots of sad moments, perhaps it was a sudden change considering the last season, but it had a very strong realism throughout it as a whole. 

And I totally agree with you in that last part. The 9th season had few events for most of it, and suddenly everything appeared in the last three episodes, so they should have done a better job by showing Ted spending more time with the mom, and overall spacing out of the things that were all in the last episode. It was really annoying how they seemed to be delaying the ending by making mediocre episodes. 

You put everything really well. Barney had this change lots of times in the series, as he had more serious relationships, and ruined them.

And that was the biggest issue, since they saved all events to the very end, it was really dissapointing seeing Ted rushing to Robin again, because it really seemed he quickly got over the mother. That's what causes all sorts of feeling in the ending for me, because when you hear his kids saying "it's been six year dad", you realise he deserves to be happy, and no one should keep locking themselves up, and being alone because they were in love. 

But Robin? Saying that Ted was "probably the guy I should've had ended up with" was heartbreaking. Didn't she had feelings for Barney? And worst of all, how will he feel when he finds out Ted and Robin are dating? So the series made big contradictions here.

Well idk how bothered Barney would be. I mean they divorced 3 years after their marriage began, so it's been even more than the 6 years Ted's put up with. He could very well be over Robin by then. I think Robin was just slowly realizing that she wanted to settle down and have a family oriented life style. Something Ted wanted as well. I mean things ended with Barney through MARRIAGE. She probably figured it was completely and utterly over with Barney, whereas Ted had always been there and was the romantic guy she NOW wanted. Like I said, things were rushed and i made it seem worse than what it ACTUALLY was.