Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
MarkXIIII

Why DDD destroyed what KHIII could have been

I admit I am exaggerating but I guess more people will feel the same way.

KHIII has been hyped for a while now and long-time fans have been waiting for it since KHII. Everyone dreams what it would be like, Days and BbS (coded was too unimportant) kind of shaped and molded those dream-like illusions what KHIII is gonna be.

It took them so long to announce it that it became almost legendary and an illusion by itself so when it finally got announced it is something huge and incredible.

The danger of this is that everyone had so high hopes it is hard to fulfill them all. Despite this, DDD stirrd into a VASTLY different diresction which makes me just uncomfortable. Up to BbS the series went really smoothly and linear more ore less. Everything is pointing towards a final KHIII that will blow our minds! But realistically thinking, KHIII can only disappoint and with DDD this is  most likely.

I'm looking forward to be positively suroprised, though, and just a single Sora+Kairi officially romance scene is worth it. The graphics look amzing and I can't wait to see some cutscenes with voice acting! But I'm scared it won't be as good as KHII.

But I still don't agree with "growing hearts" unless they say something like "a heart can be grown but it can never fully become a real heart". If Axel grew a heart and Lea regained HIS he still has more than 1 which is plain stupid.

Why would Nomura state and proof his theory 1 somebody = 1 heart, 1 body, 1 mind ; for more than 10 years

and then with one game say most characters have 1 3/8 hearts; 4 hearts; 2 5/7 hearts. It's just off!

Axel DIED so that heart died with him...Lea only has one heart. 

Axel DIED so that heart died with him...Lea only has one heart. 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 IT FINALLY MAKES SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!

But what about roxas? OR NAminé or Xion. Those special cases that can or cannot exist on their own cuz they are NOT like their somebodies and the somebodies still exost too.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 IT FINALLY MAKES SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you so much!!!But what about roxas? OR NAminé or Xion. Those special cases that can or cannot exist on their own cuz they are NOT like their somebodies and the somebodies still exost too.

No problem :)I'll clear things up in your newer thread Edited by King.Mickey

Sora returns to Traverse which should be returned and YET he is sleeping upon arrival, WHY???? AND WHY ARE THOSE CREEPY SPIRITS STILL AROUND?? AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TWEWY GANG???

The answer is simply this: Sora returned back to the Realm of Sleep. (Notice that it shows him literally enter the portal with his own power, something that we have never seen him do before.) Nomura confirmed it; he said he made that scene solely just to show off Sora's new ability to be able to travel back to the RoS and to thank his dream eaters because Nomura didn't feel right to not have some kind of closure with them. And the TWEWY gang was probably still somewhere in the town, but they had already served their purpose in the story so I guess Nomura either didn't feel the need to include them, he didn't have enough time to, or a little bit of both. Edited by King.Mickey

Thanks for all your replies most of all to KING MICKEY

who cleared up the whole Theory so even DDD makes sense now!

Sure, the game could have been loads better but at least it does not contradict the whole Kingdom-verse anymore like I was afraid it would!

I apologize for my hate for the mis-interpreted inconsistencies and

!!! hence declare this thread closed !!!

Thanks guys :D :D :D :D :D :D

Feel free to correct  me or explain any theories HOW exactly this works:

* Ven had his heart scattered

* Vanitas was created

* Sora filled what was missing in Ven's heart

* Vanitas got destroyed

* Ven Merges his heart with Sora's

* Sora merges with Kairi's Heart

* Sora releases all his hearts

* Sora becomes a heartless

* Namine is created

* Kairi regains her heart and awakes

* Roxas is created

* Roxas takes in Ven's heart

* Sora regains his heart

* Sora is restored as somebody

* Xion is created

* Xion is destroyed

* Xion fades (where does she go?)

* Roxas merges with Sora

* Namine merges with Kairi

* Data Sora is created

* Data Namine is created

* Data Namine fades

* Data Sora is destroyed

* Sora's heart falls asleep

* Sora's heart fades into darkness

* Ven's Heart armors Sora's Heart

* Riku awakes Sora's heart

* Did Riku also wake up Ven's heart??

First paragraph is all correct

Second paragraph, technically Kairi and Sora's heart didn't Merge per say but joined as two, it was locked inside Sora, not technically merging with him, the rest of the paragraph is correct though.

Third, Kairi Awakens, right, Namine is created, right, Roxas is created, right, Roxas takes Ven's heart, wrong. Once Sora releases those hearts, you see an extra heart come out with the 7 princesses hearts, that is Ven's heart, Ven's heart after Sora released it, returned Ven and allowed him to start waking up.

Fourth, correct, but is put to sleep remember to "Re-link the Chain of Memories."

Fifth, Xion just, fades away, she doesn't really go anywhere, the only logical place she could go is into Roxas to give him his powers back, the rest is correct.

Sixth, Yup, all right.

Seventh, Ventus thought that he needed to protect Sora instinctively and also, the darkness was what was holding Ventus back from waking up as well which in turn after Riku defeating it, has granted Ventus full power to start waking up now.

Edited by ScottishSkarmory

Second paragraph, technically Kairi and Sora's heart didn't Merge per say but joined as two, it was locked inside Sora, not technically merging with him, the rest of the paragraph is correct though.

Yeah, Sora just took Kairi's heart into his body to protect it. Not merge, sorry.

Roxas takes Ven's heart, wrong. Once Sora releases those hearts, you see an extra heart come out with the 7 princesses hearts, that is Ven's heart, Ven's heart after Sora released it, returned Ven and allowed him to start waking up.

I have to disagree on that one.

Nomura confirmed that Roxas has Ven's heart which is why he looks like Ven and is able to cry (and therefore has a complete heart inside of him)

When Roxas returned to Sora, Ven's heart returned to Sora's too. Ven is still sleeping which is why in the Mark of Mastery exam in DDD Riku gained the power to awake sleeping hearts and return Ven (he just didn't do it yet).

Ven's heart also protects Sora in DDD at the end by activating the armor of Ventus around Sora's fading body.

Here you can see 6 hearts being released from the keyblade of the heart (6 Disney Princesses) and then 1 heart which goes to Kairi. (and therefore they all have the same form of a pure orb of light rather than pink and heart shaped)

Sora's heart is not seen and neither is Ven's. (Ven's should look like the princesses' hearts)

The little crystals of light are proof that Sora's light is fading and he sinks into Darkness.

When Kairi restores sora he uses her light as his and so returns.

These orbs of light are also seen in the restoration seen in this video

(we see Sora's light returning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuHH0qWIRkw

Here we see only one scene where Kairi's heart is released.

Sora's heart (including Ven's) fades into Darkness and therefore is not shown in the outside world. 

Ven's heart can easily get separated to Twilight town and into Roxas.

Edited by MarkXIIII

I know I'm late but...

1. The letter was merely meant to summon Sora and Riku, not explain every little detail. And Kairi just got her Keyblade, she doesn't have enough experience to take the exam.

2. Yen Sid followed the same rules as Xehanort, that is, he only sent Sora and Riku's hearts back to their younger bodies. We already know that removing and transferring hearts are things that only Keyblade masters can do, and while Yen Sid may not play an active role as a Keyblade Master, it's unlikely that he lost any of his powers. (and Sora's VA is in his 20's, do you really think he's capable of perfectly emulating the way he sounded when he was 14?) The battle instructions state "Defeat Phantom Ursula" so it's not the real deal, just an illusion created to give Sora and Riku trouble. They where sent back to just before the Islands fell to darkness (the night off the storm) The Realm of Sleep lies adjacent to the Realm of the In-Between, between light and darkness, much like dreams themselves exist between consciousness and unconsciousness. Sora and Riku entered the Sleeping Worlds just as the Islands where falling into the Realm of Darkness

3.It was never stated that they returned to the present while they where in the sleeping worlds. They where in the dreams of the worlds which depicted the events unfolding there just before they fell to darkness. Think about it, when you sleep you are unaware of the passage of time so it's as if time stops for you until you wake up and realize "Oh, it's not yesterday anymore" And not this does not make it any easier to get to the RoS as it's cut off from all other realms (which is why Heartless and lesser Nobodies can't get in) to enter the RoS you need to be in a world at the time it falls to darkness. in addition to awakening the worlds the Sleeping Keyholes act the same way as Gates in the RoL. Also Traverse Town is a special world in that it only exists in a given realm for as long as it's needed, the Keyhole can be unlocked multiple times but Traverse Town will not awaken as long as it's needed in the RoS.

1 Riku's events take place in a dream of a dream, so the individuals he meets are unaware of Sora and Vice Versa

2. You're assuming the Sleeping Keyholes are in fixed locations, What if this is not the case? What if the aura of the bosses is blocking the Keyholes and after that aura is neutralized the Keyhole will appear to a Keyblade Wielder regardless of their location? These Keyholes are not the same as the ones that lead to a world's heart after all. They're the link between the RoL and the RoS and well as between Sleeping Worlds. 

3. They aren't the real Micky Donald and Goofy, Like Jiminy they're illusions created by the worlds dream because they where integral to the events transpiring at the time. (Yen Sid said the world would try to create a more complete picture) Haven't you ever had a dream about someone you know? I have.

1. When was it ever stated that The World that Never Was had been destroyed? It wasn't. TWTNW exists in the Realm Between which, as stated before, is right next to the Realm of Sleep. The form changes are the result of Sora responding to the memories that the dream brought to the surface. By this point Sora himself is dreaming and his subconscious responded to the dream versions Riku and Kairi by taking on his KH II form and Ven's did the same in reaction to Terra and Aqua. Idk about you, but I've had dreams where I don't exactly look like me (yes, sometimes I dream in third person view) And again, as stated, Yen Sid did follow the rules by only transferring Sora and Riku's hearts to the past, not their bodies, which is the first rule.

As stated, several times, their bodies did not travel through time their hearts did. They weren't exactly sleeping, more like they where in a coma like when a PoH looses her heart. By the time Yen Sid realized the full magnitude of the danger they where in, he had lost track of their hearts and so could not recall them. As for Traverse Town, again, as stated before it's a special world that can freely change realms to go where it is needed. In KH1 is responded to the need of people who had lost their homes, in 3D it responded to Joshua's need to find a way to revive his friends and at the end of 3D is responded to Sora's wish to thank his Dream Eaters, which are native to the RoS. As for what happened to the TWEWY team, they said they'd see Sora in Shubuya, so obviously Joshua found what he was looking for and took them back to their original world.

I fail to see how 3D invalidates any previous entree, nor how it would have a detrimental effect on KH III. If anything, more characters means a larger scale final battle which would make things even more exiting as Xehanort has so many targets to choose from to bring despair to our heroes.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

But I hope we get to see some clip that shows what happened to Sora's heart and how roxas got created in KHIII

Im late to the punch, but here's my reply on this.

I believe you're just someone with a lack of information. You're asking questions that have already been answered via small details in DDD and past interviews with nomura. I see that you're deeply confused with the whole Roxas, Xion, and Namine's hearts concept and all that schmizzle. In the past i've posted a thread about this topic. It should answer all your questions about the dormancy of Ventus' heart inside of Roxas, and will inform you about what KIngdom Hearts lore says about the concept of hearts. here is the link here:

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/68543-roxas-heart/

pay attention to the posts I make, the ones Flaming Lea makes, and the ones outbackjim21 had made. Not to mention deverauxr. The posts outbackjim21 make are misconceptions and misunderstandings.

I believe your hate for DDD is just because of a couple of plot holes and your lack of being fully informed of Kingdom Hearts lore. I hope that you reading this thread will help a lot.  :) Sure the game has a lot a plot holes, but hey: most of the KH games have had plot holes. And in DDD that is no exception. And in your original post, about half of the plot holes you stated were explained later in the game. So how about the next time you play a KH game, you wait for an explanation and be patient? And as for why Sora and Riku got sent back to Destiny islands through time travel (this point you made bothered me a lot), It's already been explained through content that inorder to enter the sleeping worlds, you have to go to a point in time to the moment a world falls into darkness. And destiny Islands was the most affordable place to go to since a version of Sora and Riku's bodies were already there at the time. And not to mention that in the beginning of KH1, the destiny islands falls to darkness. It doesn't matter that DI came back in the end of KH1.  You get it?

Quite a few of the questions you asked on your original post that started this thread have been answered. Just take your time to read through the interviews gallery in this site. It'll take a while, but when it comes to KH, even the smallest details can give some insight into the biggest plot holes. 

Edited by khdayskh1314

I know I'm late but...

1. The letter was merely meant to summon Sora and Riku, not explain every little detail. And Kairi just got her Keyblade, she doesn't have enough experience to take the exam.

2. Yen Sid followed the same rules as Xehanort, that is, he only sent Sora and Riku's hearts back to their younger bodies. We already know that removing and transferring hearts are things that only Keyblade masters can do, and while Yen Sid may not play an active role as a Keyblade Master, it's unlikely that he lost any of his powers. (and Sora's VA is in his 20's, do you really think he's capable of perfectly emulating the way he sounded when he was 14?) The battle instructions state "Defeat Phantom Ursula" so it's not the real deal, just an illusion created to give Sora and Riku trouble. They where sent back to just before the Islands fell to darkness (the night off the storm) The Realm of Sleep lies adjacent to the Realm of the In-Between, between light and darkness, much like dreams themselves exist between consciousness and unconsciousness. Sora and Riku entered the Sleeping Worlds just as the Islands where falling into the Realm of Darkness

3.It was never stated that they returned to the present while they where in the sleeping worlds. They where in the dreams of the worlds which depicted the events unfolding there just before they fell to darkness. Think about it, when you sleep you are unaware of the passage of time so it's as if time stops for you until you wake up and realize "Oh, it's not yesterday anymore" And not this does not make it any easier to get to the RoS as it's cut off from all other realms (which is why Heartless and lesser Nobodies can't get in) to enter the RoS you need to be in a world at the time it falls to darkness. in addition to awakening the worlds the Sleeping Keyholes act the same way as Gates in the RoL. Also Traverse Town is a special world in that it only exists in a given realm for as long as it's needed, the Keyhole can be unlocked multiple times but Traverse Town will not awaken as long as it's needed in the RoS.

1 Riku's events take place in a dream of a dream, so the individuals he meets are unaware of Sora and Vice Versa

2. You're assuming the Sleeping Keyholes are in fixed locations, What if this is not the case? What if the aura of the bosses is blocking the Keyholes and after that aura is neutralized the Keyhole will appear to a Keyblade Wielder regardless of their location? These Keyholes are not the same as the ones that lead to a world's heart after all. They're the link between the RoL and the RoS and well as between Sleeping Worlds. 

3. They aren't the real Micky Donald and Goofy, Like Jiminy they're illusions created by the worlds dream because they where integral to the events transpiring at the time. (Yen Sid said the world would try to create a more complete picture) Haven't you ever had a dream about someone you know? I have.

1. When was it ever stated that The World that Never Was had been destroyed? It wasn't. TWTNW exists in the Realm Between which, as stated before, is right next to the Realm of Sleep. The form changes are the result of Sora responding to the memories that the dream brought to the surface. By this point Sora himself is dreaming and his subconscious responded to the dream versions Riku and Kairi by taking on his KH II form and Ven's did the same in reaction to Terra and Aqua. Idk about you, but I've had dreams where I don't exactly look like me (yes, sometimes I dream in third person view) And again, as stated, Yen Sid did follow the rules by only transferring Sora and Riku's hearts to the past, not their bodies, which is the first rule.

As stated, several times, their bodies did not travel through time their hearts did. They weren't exactly sleeping, more like they where in a coma like when a PoH looses her heart. By the time Yen Sid realized the full magnitude of the danger they where in, he had lost track of their hearts and so could not recall them. As for Traverse Town, again, as stated before it's a special world that can freely change realms to go where it is needed. In KH1 is responded to the need of people who had lost their homes, in 3D it responded to Joshua's need to find a way to revive his friends and at the end of 3D is responded to Sora's wish to thank his Dream Eaters, which are native to the RoS. As for what happened to the TWEWY team, they said they'd see Sora in Shubuya, so obviously Joshua found what he was looking for and took them back to their original world.

I fail to see how 3D invalidates any previous entree, nor how it would have a detrimental effect on KH III. If anything, more characters means a larger scale final battle which would make things even more exiting as Xehanort has so many targets to choose from to bring despair to our heroes.

Right! I fail to see how 3D invalidates previous chapters too.. because 3D DOESN'T invalidates previous chapters, easy xD this was indeed a rant, since we can't speak about plot holes when Kingdom Hearts III isn't even out yet. And, for god sake, how can someone talk as if it were Nomura? No one here knows the whole Kingdom Hearts story, we obviously can't talk about flaws. Plus, Kingdom Hearts III was in Nomura's mind ever since Kingdom Hearts II; he obviously started to think about settings by that time (if not even before), hence he created all the chapters after KHII in the way he wanted the story to go (most likely basing his works on the track he had in mind for Kingdom Hearts III). How does 3D's story screw up the series, if most likely 3D's story was meant to exist for what Nomura had in mind for the great ending? It was assumed in this thread that Nomura would have based Kingdom Hearts III on the settings of 3D, but I'm quite sure it is the contrary. Nomura cares about his own series, I don't think he would ever do the reckless move to start thinking about the story of the most anticipated Kingdom Hearts only after the end of the previous! Plus it's stated that Kingdom Hearts III is in development since 2010, things must have gone this way xD

Just because there are plot holes doesn't mean that they won't be filled in III. I will agree with you on some parts like with them looking younger. Yen Sid did want them to start fresh without their self taught skills...so what did that have to do with their appearance! I hated that! xD As most don't consider DDD a main game I do...but if you're one of those people who hates "Fillers" then this shouldn't be a big deal and KH III should turn out amazing...(Considering what is being lost in 2.5).

Edited by Kok0roxGuardian

Really I thought DDD was far better than a lot of The side KH games. The only thing I didn't like about DDD was them explaining things a bit better and having awkward moments when YX comes in and says random things to try and confuse Sora/Riku.

I’ve been revisiting the several plot-difficulties of Dream Drop Distance lately and I come to the ONLY possible conclusion that makes sense and explains everything about this game:

IT JUST DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL!!!

Besides being the worst game in the series due to its being rushed extremely, this game’s plot and other inconsistencies that became major flaws due to the rewritings done by this horrible game.

Here I’m going to explain why Nomura’s only chance to save Kingdom Hearts III is to pretend DDD never happened while showing all major flaws this game brought to the series and even its own plot in chronological sequence:

[*]Mysterious Tower: Yen Sid summons Riku and Sora to take the Mark of Mastery. So far so good but the contradicting starts right here: according to what we have seen in the “Reconnect KH” endings in Coded and BbS, Mickey’s letter was addressed to Sora exclusively, Riku asks whether Sora has made a decision yet, Sora says yes because his tormented connected friends really need him and Kairi asks him to return soon. FLAW-TIME: How can ONE letter tell Sora about the Data-scape, torments of the hearts connected Sora doesn’t even remember AND invite Sora as well as Riku to the Exam?? And why on earth don’t they take Kairi with them??

[*]Destiny Islands: Exam begins: Of course, the boys accept the exam and Yen sends them BACK IN TIME to enter the realm of sleep. WHY does he have those powers while Xehanort needs so many other loopholes. Couldn’t Xehanort just send his companions back in time just like Yen Sid did?? Come On, Nomura MAJOR FLAW NR 1!!! Anyway. The boys are back in time and 14/15 years old again. (WHY doesn’t Sora’s voice resemble his voice back at that time??) Next thing is they MEET Ursula! How come Ursula is in the picture?? And WHY does she want revenge?? If they really were back in time AND IF Ursula were swimming in those seas HOW could she have the Trident and powers she would steal through Ariel way later after D.Islands fell to darkness?? And How can she want revenge for Sora defeating her BEFORE he even met her??? OK, try to ignore it all. BUT why Is there a Keyhole in the Islands?? Destiny Islands has not fallen to darkness yet and was clearly restored at the end of KH1. WHY, Nomura, why a keyhole for SLEEPING worlds trapped in sleep?? So, trying to make sense of that mess still we do not count this keyhole as one of the 7 but rather as Entrance gate to that sleeping realm.

[*]Traverse Town: Ignoring the rebuilding the town has undergone and ignoring the fact that the Heroes’ outfits changed, WHY are the boys still 14/15? According to official explanations they traveled back to the present…and should at least have their 15/16 bodies… Another theory is that the person entering dreams is in the time the dream is taken from. BUT this gives way to MAJOR FLAW 2: time travel isn’t even needed, we can just go to any sleeping worlds and that’s it. No complicated rules, just hopping through time, space and beyond all logic. Accepting the fact that dreams are separate and not connected, Sora and Riku are trapped in 2 sides of the same world. Their encounters with the local residents here DO make sense. Some even skip over from one half to the other and the storyline actually works for a while. UNTIL: 2 Keyholws show up in this town. MAJOR FLAW NR 3: why does Traverse have 2 keyholes?? (I count both visits and not the ½ ones Sora and Riku seal/open each). But this just helps us get to the Number of 7, nothing else…

[*]Cite/Grid: These worlds do make sense IF we see the dreaminess as a fact. Sora and Riku visit the same word but can only access separate dreams of the same world. The only thing the boys “share” are the locations and the nightmares fought. Riku beats that flying thing and he falls into the fire from the skies. Sora does not see the fire cuz it’s only a dream the world remembers. But he get to battle the fallen nightmare. Makes sense -kinda. STRICTLY SPEAKING, talking to people who don’t remember anything that just happened and people appearing in two people’s dreams or dream-halves IS and STAYS an awkward concept.

[*]PRANKSTER: this world illustrates the separation/distance concepts as jiminy does not remember Sora, and hence is a dream-illusion. The awkwardness aside, TIME-JUMPING is still going on as Sora seems to have traveled to the world just before it fell to darkness… Sealing two ½ keyholes works differently here as Sora and Riku seal different world’s keyholes Paradise and Monstro. This is another way to get to the total of 7 if Traverse only counts as 1. BUT MAJOR FLAW 4: How do those keyholes actually work? Do Sora and Riku really need to lock 1 each in their half of the dream to get 1 complete? CONSITENCY EVEN WITHIN 1 GAME WOULD BE NICE!!

[*]Musketeers/Fantasia: The Mickey-ness of these world aside, MAJOR FLAW NR 5 is obvious in Musketeer: PARALLEL Time lines, really? How can Mickey and Co. be French Monarchs and Musketeers trapped in their world’s dreams WHILE being awake and in the real world and rulers of Disney castle?? It only makes sense if they left this world and the world is empty for real but the world should remember that, right?? Fantasia did a better job by embedding the past of mickey as apprentice in the mysterious tower setting.

[*]NEVERWORLD: If you still feel like you can understand the plot up to this point, you’re losing it at this point. MAJOR FLAW INFINITENESS: HOWs and WHYs are too numerous to be listed actually. Why did Sora end up at this place that has been destroyed. Why does this world have so many different looks and places? How come Sora is changing Forms and skipping from 14 to 15 year old?? NOMURA stated they change from the real world over and back at this place but WTF??? Form changes?? XEMNAS does not make any sense either. While explaining Nobodies DO have heart this would make Roxas having 3 Hearts!! (His own grown heart, Ventus’ [why he looks like him] and later Xion’s and therefore Sora also has 4 Hearts now. Kairi has two. Makes sense – no? and due to this BbS, Days and KH2 don’t make sense anymore. And then our favorite: TIME TRAVEL?? Xehanort’s RULES on time traveling. Yen Sid was able to do that withoutrules just 15 hours ago. I won’t even mention the fact that Nomura ruined ALL other games by f*ing up these rules and the mere inclusion of a NEW ORG XIII!!!

[*]OUTCOME: OK, So Sora was sleeping, Riku dove into his dreams acting as a dreameater while locking “fake” keyholes cuz he was trapped in soras dreams within dreams – destroying the very nightmares sora was having and those Nightmares pulled Sora into the darkness. IT seems the Boys traveld back in time at the beginning then disappeared from the real world, became young but suddenly they are back at the tower only sleeping and dreaming their adventures? The threat of Xehanort is only legit if they really “dive” into the sleeping worlds, as in being physically gone from the real world – on the CONTRARY RIKU is just sleeping ON THE FLOOR IN THE TOWER while diving into Sora’s sleeping heart at the end. So IF Xehanort was so dangerous, why didn’t Yen sid just wake the boys if their bodies weren’t really gone? Sora returns to Traverse which should be returned and YET he is sleeping upon arrival, WHY???? AND WHY ARE THOSE CREEPY SPIRITS STILL AROUND?? AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TWEWY GANG???

In conclusion, I’m sure many other will agree, Nomura manages to rewrite and mess up the entire series with one AWFUL game.

The awesome KH series we once new, the KH we loved cuz it was SORA’s story, is now gone. Goodbye, KH1 with your heartbreaking Sora seeks Kairi nostalgia, CoM with your mysterious introduction of an Organization and a certain Nobody couple, KHII – the best game ever- with all your logical solutions and reunions and a sweet sora+kairi-hug, Days which was good precisely because it didn’t have a happy ending (Xion worked BECAUSE she died never to return to the series), BbS which felt mysterious and had lovely cameos and gave KH so much more depth [and the Roxas-Ventus connection even made sense back when Ventus’ heart transferred over to Roxas] and Coded with the innocent plot (quite good to have a simple linear plot without much complications).

The Series would have worked out great if they had just released HD1.5 and HD2.5 and KHIII. But now I don’t see much hope after Nomura turned this beloved series into XEHANORT’s saga where Xehanort is an omniscient and omnipresent god-like freak.

As much as I’m looking forward to 2.5 Remix, I fear Nomura lost his great sense of direction when starting with Final Fantasy XV. I really feel Nomura is all like F* you KH Fans my new pet project is XV and you’ll just get a messed up DDD and KHIII to shut you up.

And seeing they have been unable to release XV in about 10 years, I don’t see any hope for KHII ever being released, cuz one more financial hardship and they’ll cut it anyway. And judging from the lack of news lately we won’t see 2.5 anytime soon either…

So I dare say, IMAO, Mr Nomura, PLEASE rethink your decisions, finish FFXV already (if ever), and PUT AT LEAST A TINY BIT OF THINKING EFFORT into the future of KH!! Let’s pretend DDD never happened, trash that junk of a plot and start over with 2.5 and KHIII.

In all other cases the series will end with KH1.5 and KH2.5 and I’ll have to say: “GOODBYE Kingdom Hearts, (The waiting’s always bothered me anyway)”

Sorry for the rant but I'm just really disappointed by what companies that used to be really good some years ago did recently. Seems like Nomura with Square and lasseter with disney have never heard of "if it ain't broken DONT fix it!"

As a fan I feel really betrayed. If they decide to go a different path in the future, that's OK.

BUT F*ING LEAVE THE MEMORIES I HAVE ALONE.

[Recent Disney movie restaurations, messing with new restauration and adding of new Disney logo to old movies... Lasseter-fication of Disney (=now Pixar)]

[Recent Xehanortification and Finalfantasyfication of KH ...Nomurafication of square]

If it's just to squeeze profit, let it be. I'd rather see a cancelled KH series without glorified KHIII than a messsed up Xehanort can do it all and yet we'll defeat him by resurrecting ALL characters ever in this series.

C'mon just let it go!

Who else thinks that a new lead in this series would be the best solution? I feel KH could use alittle more western philosophy and direction... NEW DIRECTOR!

I'm writing all this provocative stuff cuz I'm really CONCERNED ABOUT SORA!! AND KAIRI!

GIVE THEM THEIR HOLLYWOOD HAPPY END ALREADY!

Well, I m new, but I think that you are exagerating all of this:

1- Yen Sid cant use time travel, he simply used is magic to revert Sora and Riku´s abilities to 0. Of course, at 14-15 years old they had not started their journey, so he reverted theme to this original state. No time travel was used.

2- If you think a little, you know that Ursula is not alive, so obviously that Ursula is not the real Ursula. It was not explained, but it is very possible that Yen Sid created that phantom to test Sora and Riku.

3- If you recall, once they opened the Kehyhole wich was under the sea, they entered the sleepy Traverse Town. So is very plausible to say that it was the entrance of the Realm of Sleep, witch Yen Sid prepared.

4- Well, if Traverse Town was divided in two paralell dimensions,  its logical to think that its keyhole has been divided in two as well. That would explain why all the sleeping worlds have the same division. Its just a Theory, though.

5- As I recall, the characters that apear in the Sleeping worlds, could not be real. ¿Why?, because it seems that the worlds are dreaming with the last events that happened before they fell in sleep. That explain why Mickey and the others appear in these worlds: because these events happened just before the world became a sleeping world. In fact, Country of the Mouskeeters explain when did Mickey met  Minnie for the first time. It also seem that that world was the homeworld for Pete, Miniie, Donald and Goofie, and when they left the world, it became useless and started to fall in sleep. 

Traverse Town can be an example as well; the world was special because it gathered all the peolpe who was lost after their worlds were destryed by the heartless. So, when Sora and co defeated Ansem and the worlds were restored, Traverse Town lost its function, so it became a sleeping world.

6- Thats a long one: First of all, TWTNW was destroyed after the defeat of the Organization; in KH2 if you remember, the castle was falling at the end. Also, why is now a sleeping world?. Because as the other worlds, TWTNW lost all his fuctions when the Nobodies were defated. And for the rest, you should remember that Sora was in a dream, Xigbar and Xemnas were manipulating him to go deeper in his sleep and even was put in a second dream. Why all these strange things and change of forms?. It simple, all is a DREAM, in dreams all what happens is illogical. Xigbar and Xemnas were manipulating his dreams, also all the conections within Soras heart started to be seen in his dreams because it was the perfect moment to be shown. As Sora was going deeper in the dream and its second layer, all was being far more subrealist than before. Riku didnt saw nothing of this because he never went deeper in his dreams. Its that and nothing more.

7- Well, Xion never went to Roxas, her existence went directly to Sora. Braig wanted to defeat Terra to get a Keyblade, remeber?. Roxas got his second keyblade for defeating Xion, not for having her heart.

Edited by DarkniteX

Xemnas actually states that those without hearts search for another in order to feel complete. Well, Roxas didn't grow his own heart since Ventus' heart was already inside him, allowing him to not only wield a keyblade, but also take the appearance of Ventus as it was stated in the Kingdom Hearts series that the heart shapes the vessel. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance was a fabulous game that. in my opinion, answered a lot of questions in the Kingdom Hearts series while formulating new questions that makes fans want to buy the next title so their questions can finally be answered.

Sorry pals, my post was waaaay longer than I though. 

In conclusion, KH3 will arrive sooner or later, so a lot of plotholes will be explained. All KH games tend to left all kind of mysteries unexplained because, as Nomura says, they want to see the fans arguing and making theories about all aspects of this KHverse. Sure, it is always unrealistic and sometimes difficult to understand , but this is why we like it. We must wait to the Grand Finale of this Seeker of Darkness chapter to consider if it makes sense or not. Trying to say that all is ruined now wont change a thing, because all fans want to play KH3. Its then when we will have to argue all this things.

You say that DDD makes all the previous games pointless. If you are referring to all the stuff that Ansem and Xemnas have done, which is a usual complain nowadays, you may be wrong. I simply think that Xemnas and Ansem  had their own motives for doing their plans, they wrent pawns exactly. Ansem had his search of knowledge (inherited from MX), which led to his obsession with Darkness as the source of all knowlegde and power; and Xemnas had his search of his past (inherited from Terra) and his desire of creating a new world or something like that. But with these ambitions, there was also the plan they had together, beacuse after all they are part of the same being. 

It can be a little offtopic, but is interesting to see that the Darkness and the army of heartless that Ansem led to the verse, must have created a great number of Nobodies, which gave Xemnas all the bodies that he wanted for the Organization.