Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Cucco

I don't care what anyone says

So it's perfectly fine to let Square take as long on their games as they want? It doesn't work that way. You can't firetrucking leave a customer in the dark for a year and never explain why it's taking them so long to remaster a game. When every other developer only takes a couple months to do it. Square takes way longer on their games than they should.

yeah like the wind waker hd. I toke only six months to develop and finish it.

I wont blame you on this one because like (almost)everything else patience has an expiration date and when that date or time period comes people get annoyed

And that was a real remake not a remaster

Edited by DAMN

Fool. Probably not their first priority, nor should it be.

Doesn't mean that it should take them this long to develope. Like a few members have already stated, we should have gotten a release date months ago. There should be no excuse for Square to take this long on a HD remaster since they're very easy to make.

They were working on it long before they announced it.

It's not a new game, it's an HD remaster. HD remasters are not supposed to take over a year to come out.

HD remaster or not, Game development is long process. Everyone at Square is hard at work with Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV (two top priority titles), 2.5, Murdered: Soul Suspect, etc. They have several titles in the works right now, however, it doesn't mean they're right in leaving us in the dark at the moment. You're best bet for now is to not worry and wait till June.

I'm not surprised that people don't understand how hard game development is. I'm not defending Square in any way, since I want 2.5 as much as everyone else, but developing a video game, whether they have the resources already or not, is a hard thing to do. Plus, Nomura has two bigger games to develop along with this one, so focusing on an HD collection that he can easily hold off for a little bit longer isn't a big deal whatsoever.

Besides, if your main concern is constantly thinking about when KH2.5 is released, it's time to find something else to do. There are tons of other games to play to keep you held over.

I'm not surprised that people don't understand how hard game development is. I'm not defending Square in any way, since I want 2.5 as much as everyone else, but developing a video game, whether they have the resources already or not, is a hard thing to do. Plus, Nomura has two bigger games to develop along with this one, so focusing on an HD collection that he can easily hold off for a little bit longer isn't a big deal whatsoever.Besides, if your main concern is constantly thinking about when KH2.5 is released, it's time to find something else to do. There are tons of other games to play to keep you held over.

Exactly! It's one thing to be a fan, but understanding the process and difficulty of game development is a whole other way of appreciating what each developer does.

They were working on it long before they announced it.

HD remaster or not, Game development is long process. Everyone at Square is hard at work with Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV (two top priority titles), 2.5, Murdered: Soul Suspect, etc. They have several titles in the works right now, however, it doesn't mean they're right in leaving us in the dark at the moment. You're best bet for now is to not worry and wait till June.

I'm not surprised that people don't understand how hard game development is. I'm not defending Square in any way, since I want 2.5 as much as everyone else, but developing a video game, whether they have the resources already or not, is a hard thing to do. Plus, Nomura has two bigger games to develop along with this one, so focusing on an HD collection that he can easily hold off for a little bit longer isn't a big deal whatsoever.Besides, if your main concern is constantly thinking about when KH2.5 is released, it's time to find something else to do. There are tons of other games to play to keep you held over.

Exactly! It's one thing to be a fan, but understanding the process and difficulty of game development is a whole other way of appreciating what each developer does.

Seriously everybody. Think about this. We the fans have waited for Kingdom Hearts 3 for almost a full 10 years and during that time we didn't freaked out and start bashing Square, we accepted it and looked forward knowing that one day we would get the game and it would be as glorious as we all hoped. Now its been a few months and we are freaking out because we dont have 2.5 news? Its crazy. Dont get me wrong, I want 2.5 as bad as the next person, but freaking out wont make it come faster. I know everybody on this site loves Kingdom Hearts and everybody is always satisfied when a new game in the franchise comes out. Thats why we all just need to remember that it is coming, and it's coming this year. It hasnt been canceled, Square isnt taking a while on it on purpose. They want the game to be good so that when we do get the game we look at the old versions of Kingdom Hearts 2 and BBS compared to the HD remake, and are jaws drop, and we are filled with excitement. Plus they do have cutscenes to voice, and I personally think that when they said they were done with the Re:Coded voice overs they were talking about for Japan. So everybody calm down, keep your heads held high, and just know that 2.5 is on its way to amaze us.

I hate to sound rude here, but do you know how much work they have to put in to Birth By Sleep? They are changing a PSP game to a PS3 game, so it may not be exactly new, but they have to do a lot of programming just on that game alone. But they have to make Re:Coded with new voice lines, and new animation, just to make it into a movie. Plus KH2 and BBS Final Mixs weren't already made into English before, so they have to change the language on everything they can. It takes a lot of work to make a video game, and to make three at the same time takes a lot more work. Now I am not saying that them not keeping us updated is right. But I am saying, give them time and before you know it, the game will be out.

It's not a new game, it's an HD remaster. HD remasters are not supposed to take over a year to come out.

IKR?

How long does it take to up the resolution and do auditions for an even less amount of new cutscenes than 1.5 HD?

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-DEAL WITH IT!

I agree with Danex to the fullest, If I were you, I would stop whining and take into effect that you don't understand how hard game development actually is, so stop being so impatient and wait like everyone else. You whining and complaining about it isn't going to make the release date come out any faster. Just a simple fact. :P

I agree with Danex to the fullest, If I were you, I would stop whining and take into effect that you don't understand how hard game development actually is, so stop being so impatient and wait like everyone else. You whining and complaining about it isn't going to make the release date come out any faster. Just a simple fact. :P

SE did say that making KHFM, COM, and 358/2 days in hd was harder than they expected it to be.