Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
BlazingSoul

Opinion/Theory: Braig's Mystery & Motive

I'm assuming MX promised Braig a Keyblade and that's why he keeps following him, even though it's turned him into half of a Xehanort clone. But you do bring up a great point, he does seem very in control of himself, I've noticed this as well. I never thought of Braig as being the true villain, since there really isn't much about him before BBS we know about. I doubt that he would be though, considering how built up MX  and his plans have been since BBS, but I wouldn't mind it since it seems like a great plot twist to me (much like Frozen's). Braig/Xigbar is a great character and I'm looking forward to fighting him in KH3 and whether he's the final boss or a boss along the way, it'll be a great battle.

You know, I've always wondered about Braig myself.  He does seem to be the only character in the Kingdom Hearts series that keeps his motives a secret, which makes him that much more of an enigma.  You'll never know what happens until we see him in KH3!  But you know, it would be surprising if Braig was the real mastermind behind all this.  Seems to me that he's the only one who's yet to reveal his true intentions.  Darn you Trollmura, you sly fox!

Final boss or not, Braig has something up his sleeve and I think he won't go through all that trouble for just a regular keyblade, but maybe the x-blade or Kingdom Hearts.

And it would be funny if he reveals that he has always been a keyblade wielder, since people with strong control over darkness can learn to summon a keyblade(remember the 2 sides of the Keyblade War) or that he never lost an eye.

Edited by BlazingSoul

Final boss or not, Braig has something up his sleeve and I think he won,t go through all that trouble for just a regular keyblade, but maybe the x-blade or Kingdom Hearts.And it would be funny if he reveals that he has always been a keyblade wielder or that he never lost an eye.

Their should be a cutscene in KH3 that talks about Braig in his early years. 

I do think most of his actions are based on him throwing in with Xehanort for power (most likely a promised Keyblade) and then he was Norted, so he was in on the whole scheme. But...there are little things that can indicate something more.

I think I'm with Cap Arrowguns on this. I doubt he's gonna be the big baddy behind all of this, but won't mind if he was. And to think he wouldn't have a couple of cards up his leave? As if!

I've always believed that Braig would be a character to transcend the Xehanort Saga. He's just been too level-headed and calm throughout the series for me to take him as an "ordinary villain". Since Nomura pretty much confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 3 will wrap up the series where Xehanort is concerned, I've been thinking that Braig or someone like him will end up taking his spot as main antagonist after he's inevitably defeated.

I think there's something behind Braig as well.  He's a very interesting character, and they've really shrouded his past in mystery.  I'm just hoping that it's going to lead up to something and will be revealed later, unlike other plot points that seem to have been forgotten in the shuffle and release of games.

That's a pretty interesting idea! I really like braig's character and it would be great if we still got to see him beyond the Xehanort Saga.

I don't remember if they mentioned his background at all but in terms of him becoming the main villain it would be best if he had a strong back story/motivation for it. Though it's hard to see a good reason for still wanting power even at the cost of his eye and becoming a nort. I would maybe want a little more from him than just "I want power because I'm evil! hahaha" So maybe he won't plan to be the big boss but Xehanort gets struck down early so Braig simply takes over.

Either way were sure to get more enjoyable dialog from Braig in KH3 so I'm looking forward to that :D

Interesting topic! Just rewatched the Braig scenes in BBS so I could speculate. : D

I think what he's after is keyblade (or even X-blade), but I think there might be something more to him than that (some bigger motive)... I don't think it's entirely unlikely that he'd plan to betray Xehanort, but I doubt he'd succeed.

What's more suspicious to me, though, is how Braig seems to still be himself, even when being Xehanort is kinda interesting... while Isa in DDD, for example, seems to have lost consciousness about who he really is, and totally under Xehanort's control. But not Braig... so that makes me believe that he's somehow special. Sure, it's very likely that he became a Xehanort by his own will, but he must have had a good motive that would make Xehanort believe that he wouldn't betray him. But it still seems odd to me, since I can't really see Xehanort trusting anyone besides himself...