Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
hatok

KHDays Riku's Baffling Blindfold

So I was thinking about something. Riku wears that blindfold throughout the game, but can clearly 'see' everything, he looks at people, and appears to be aware of his surroundings.

But then, in the scene where he defeats Xion, he has to peak out from under the blindfold to see her.

Why is this?

Well, I think he did it because he wanted to take a better look on Xion because she looked like Kairi maybe. ^^

But who knows.... only Riku can answer that question :P

i heard somewhere on this site that he can not see through it, but remember, he can smell dark scents, that is how he can still fight, he lifted his blind fold to see who he defeated

So I was thinking about something. Riku wears that blindfold throughout the game, but can clearly 'see' everything, he looks at people, and appears to be aware of his surroundings.

But then, in the scene where he defeats Xion, he has to peak out from under the blindfold to see her.

Why is this?

He needed to double check, in case wearing the blindfold was making him see things. Think about it: Xion appears differently to whoever is looking at her. Considering the shock that Riku showed afterwards, it must've been pretty surprising.

Perhaps he could only see an aura or outline of his surroundings, or the blindfold wasn't for keeping him from seeing but rather a filter of sorts. The fabric allowed him to see the basic shape of the object through it but obscured the details.

Perhaps he could only see an aura or outline of his surroundings, or the blindfold wasn't for keeping him from seeing but rather a filter of sorts. The fabric allowed him to see the basic shape of the object through it but obscured the details.

But him opening his eye after lifting up the blindfold implies that they're closed with the blindfold on.

Riku has other senses he can use: scent, hearing, touch. Sight is overrated. Also, he has at least 10 years of combat experience. Even if most of it was just sparring with Sora, experience is experience.

With the blindfold on, he probably only saw Xion with the hood on. He says he keeps the blindfold on so his eyes won't lie to him. Xion looks different to everyone, so she doesn't have an actual face. That's why Riku had to take the blindfold off because all he could see was her true face, which is no face(just a hooded feller)

i think they made it for him to look cool and doesn't matter except ina few places cuz it really doesn't mean anything to the story

I'm... I'm sorry but that's just... too wrong. Ansem is sleeping inside his heart, correct? He keeps that blindfold on to keep from turning into Ansem, as seen in Days.

i think they made it for him to look cool and doesn't matter except ina few places cuz it really doesn't mean anything to the story

I'm... I'm sorry but that's just... too wrong. Ansem is sleeping inside his heart, correct? He keeps that blindfold on to keep from turning into Ansem, as seen in Days.

Riku has Apprentice Xehanort's heart within his own, but yeah, pretty much.

Riku has Apprentice Xehanort's heart within his own, but yeah, pretty much.

what? no he doesnt, i dont think at least, i mean, you know a lot, i just thought it was his heartless, not the heart