Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kingdom Of Me

How would we feel about a darker Kingdom Hearts III?

The fan base has grown up, and people complain about the Disney side of kingdom hearts to be too childish. What if Kingdom hearts were to address the darker tones of the series? Such as the implied "black plague" of the heartless turning everyone into mindless monsters searching for a heart, and their loved ones dealing with their "death"? It doesn't mean it has to be a sad game or it can't have its silly moments but perhaps a focus on the people who lost their hearts and rather then "defeating" them the gang try to find a way to revert the heartless or stop it entirely. 

Edited by Oblivian474

NO!!! I play Kingdom Hearts becouse (but not only) it has the PERFECT balance of darkness. If it were any darker I would be disappointed. (Ok, a little bit but would be ok I guess but not so much that people would point it out) I would probably still LOVE the game but disappointed none the less. If I wanna play a dark game, then I'll play a dark game. I would like it to stay how it is in Kingdom Hearts.

Edited by benj0818

A darker Kingdom Hearts=Final Fantasy

If I wanna play a darker Kingdom Hearts I'd go to the Final Fantasy series

Don't get me wrong I won't mind some dark elements like Sora losing someone very close to him or someone dying....etc as those things happens in Disney movies too(Mufasa's death speaks for itself in the Lion King),but not going to extreme degrees with people going emo-Squall style

Edited by Red Tribal

I feel like Kingdom Hearts 3 will probably be the darkest (and I'm using that term lightly (no Pun intended) game yet just because how Dream Drop Distance ended and such that it would feel darker because all the 13 darkness and the 7 lights will probably make the x-blade and such but it won't be that way for all of the game it will probably only be that way when it's getting closer to the end of the game kinda like how all the other Kingdom Hearts games have been so far but I feel like that Kingdom Hearts 3 will have a darker tone in it through the whole game just because of how serious their situation is now but who knows honestly.

I felt like BBS was very dark, I think KH3 will end on a much lighter note but I do want to see actual death and stuff in this one.

Again I don't mind darker stuff like a character dying as long as it's handled with more care and good writing,because the last time people added dark elements for the sake of sounding cool and mature....we got three abominations called

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kingdom Hearts is perfectly fine as it is now. And I guess if people don't like Disney or think Disney is childish, then they shouldn't play the game. Because without Disney, Kingdom Hearts is basicly another Final Fantasy game.

Kingdom Hearts is dark enough, darker than most are willing to admit, I mean early disney was pretty dark too at times and KH follows this formula pretty well, not letting it get to dark so that the kids won't leave crying.

I have ALWAYS wished for KH games to be darker. I can't help it; I just like dark things...and it would be entertaining to see some bad things happen in KH because having a happily ever after would be cliche as fukc.

I mean I know it will end happily, I just don't want it to end TOO happily where every single person who has ever died comes back to life and stuff. That would be dumb to me, and I'm trying to say that as nice as possible...

Again I don't mind darker stuff like a character dying as long as it's handled with more care and good writing,because the last time people added dark elements for the sake of sounding cool and mature....we got three abominations called

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What was wrong with Lightning Returns?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

being Dark is hardly what made shadow bad. The gunplay was absolutely fine, it was the lack of a map, different paths, and objective based game play that made it bad.

and sonic 06 is no darker than the rest of the series, it just takes the darkness that's been done before individually and puts it together in a huge game. Destruction on a large scale, ancient monsters that want to destroy the world, death. all been done in SA1 and SA2.

Edited by Skyace 65

being Dark is hardly what made shadow bad. The gunplay was absolutely fine, it was the lack of a map, different paths, and objective based game play that made it bad.

and sonic 06 is no dark than the rest of the series, it just takes the darkness that's been done before individually and puts it together in a huge game. Destruction on a large scale, ancient monsters that want to destroy the world, death. all been done in SA1 and SA2.

I didn't mean that being dark is what made Shadow bad please understand my post,the reason Shadow had dark stuff is because Sega wanted the game to look cool and hip for the older demographics which ended up making the story an absolute shit and the repetitive boring as hell gameplay didn't help

As for Sonic 06....Who the hell asked for religious themes or beastiality in a Sonic game?the plot is basically:Take everything that made FF8's plot bad and make it even worse by mixing it with the already poorly written lore of most Sonic games

Edited by Red Tribal

I've yet to have anyone give a good reason as to what having the series be more "dark" would add. Mostly, I think people want things to be "dark" less as a means to making a story or game better, and more to do with making themselves feel a little more tough. If you want people to think you're gritty and brooding, go buy an overpriced leather duster.

Besides, I still think KH1 is actually a very dark game, even moreso because of the brightly colored wrapper. I've written on the reasons why a bunch of times, and I don't think I need to recap, but I think having the darker stuff hidden in the subtext makes it more powerful in the long run, as it means that there's a deeper story to it that gives you a lot to chew on, rather than just running a grey-scale filter over things and having some blood pop up here and there.

I agree. There are already some very dark elements to this game but it's on a deeper more emotional level and not a death and gore level that some people are blind to it. One of the reasons I got so into this series was that it was able to reach me emotionally. ( hard for just any old video game to do ) It also had light hearted moments and comedy. I enjoy things that have many different aspects that can really make you think/feel/relate. If i wanted to play just a light hearted, one dimensional game i would play my other favorite series ( Mario).I LOVE mario but it's not exactly known for its mesmerizing plotlines.( but don't get me wrong it's my second favorite series )

Edited by Flaming Lea

Sooo...

-A kid's home is obliterated by a swarm of Eldritch Abominations and must combat them if he wants a hope in hell for anything.

-Said Eldritch Abominations have no goal but to prey upon the very essence of what makes something exist.

-If you're unlucky strong enough, after having your heart ripped out, your discarded, lifeless body will up and walk around with no memories or purpose.  If you're really unlucky strong, you might be recruited into an organization of fellow discarded shells that tempts your pitiful existence with regaining purpose and meaning, but you're actually being tricked to fulfill the machinations of a sociopath who wants to end the world For Science.

-There's an entire knighthood of warriors to combat the aforementioned Eldritch Abominations, but there's no guarantee your only line of safety will actually keep your safe.  Have fun!

Truly, blood and death are the only reasons we could take this franchise seriously.