Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Katara

PLEASE HELP! ( Very Important )

Hey everyone! My fiance Josh, AKA Aang ( on these forums ) and his friend have recently had a fetish for Horror Games. I have NO idea why, but all of the sudden he decided to lock himself in his room, and play horror games. This has been going on for days now. He is showing little affection or attention towards me. When I ask him he says "I'm....busy right now" or "Not now" 

He's been a lot less compassionate, and caring. he's also been very aggressive lately. He's not his usual self. He usually sticks to his work, church, and is always with me. Him and his friend have played Outlast, ( scariest game out there ) Amnesia, Slender: The Eight Pages, Resident Evil games, and more. 

He's been playing them from dusk to dawn, and only shares a brief look at me before returning to his game. He usually goes to Church every Sunday and Wednesdays- he wouldn't skip it for anything, but he has skipped four services.

Also, he's been missing his work for the last few days. He is starting to scare me. I don't know what I should do. How can I confront him about this? What can I do to help him? Please, anyone? :( I'm here because this is a very good community and you are gamers, and besides Kingdom Hearts I don't game much else.

-Katara

Edited by Katara

Oh wow... I'm sorry, I really wish I could help you. I don't know what to say.

If I were in your shoes I'd try to confront him about it... if you haven't already tried. But I don't want you to get into an argument.... Have you tried maybe sticking a note on his computer screen for him to read? Maybe he'd read it... or maybe try to jump on a game with him, and try to talk about it with him...

I'm sorry, Katara... I don't really know... :(

I've never been in this situation before, but I really doesn't sound right. I'm not sure how to breach the subject, but you need to tell him that you're worried about his behavior. Make sure he knows that you care about him and that's why you're talking to him, because it could be that he's depressed or something and that's why he's become obsessive. Just make sure he knows that you are worried for him.Whatever you do, good luck. :/

Edited by Zola

Don't listen to Xeveemon.I've never been in this situation before, but I really doesn't sound right. I'm not sure how to breach the subject, but you need to tell him that you're worried about his behavior. Make sure he knows that you care about him and that's why you're talking to him, because it could be that he's depressed or something and that's why he's become obsessive. Just make sure he knows that you are worried for him.Whatever you do, good luck. :/

Thank you for your concern :) I've tried multiple times but he wont listen. 

Fool. It's not good if he's skipping work for it. He could be that he is becoming addicted. That's not good. I suggest an intervention. Has anyone else close to him noticed this changed behavior?

That's the thing- he hasn't really seen many people since he's started this. But anyone who's had a talk with him can know this. He is virtually unapproachable. His friend is just like him, but not as bad, I know he's addicted, and he wont tell me why. 

Thank you for your concern :) I've tried multiple times but he wont listen.

Don't give up on him. Keep at it. Maybe he will come out of it eventually?

Whenever my wife wants me to stop playing video games, she makes me feal guilty about it. Try that. It stops me from playing everytime. 

haha, I've tried that. The guilt trip. Doesn't work :/

The best things I can come up with for this kind of situation is confront about it with a fierce look, or contact a family member of his and ask what they think and what should be done. How long exactly has this been going on? It could be a phase he's going through at the moment and, over time, he'll get over it and become the man you remember again. If it goes any worse; I recommend shutting down his games and demanding a talk with him. This is my advice. 

Don't give up on him. Keep at it. Maybe he will come out of it eventually?

He's been doing this for around a week now, and he seems to be getting worse. What do you recommend?

Fool. How old is he?

He's 23. 

damn...You might just need to put your foot down. Unplug everything while hes playing. Try to express how it makes you feel while staying in control of the situation. 

This seems like the right thing to do. I just want to avoid as must confrontation as possible.

This seems like the right thing to do. I just want to avoid as must confrontation as possible.

Sometimes it's necessary for something like that to happen, whether we like it or not. I hope for the best. 

stop paying the electricity bill so everything stops. Then he'll have to stop. Other than that, I'm so sorry to hear about this :( im sorry :( I wish I could help, but I don't know much on relationships. I would say just pray about it.  

I understand you. Trying to avoid confrontation. But sometimes a little arguement is needed, especially for a situation like this...

Ok,, I'm going to confront him about this today. This needs to stop. You guys are so supportive and nice :) Hopefully this works.

PS. Please do NOT send him hate mail for this. He is a sweet guy and this isn't the real him.

I give you my word I will not do anything of the sort. This is between you and him, in the end. I wish for the best. :) 

Do you know his friend? Maybe you can get some information from him on this subject.

Also do you have the keys for the room he is in?

You should confront him about it like everyone says, if it isn't him then it isn't him.

If this is your first time trying to confront him, try to be kinder and less worried and ask him what the game is and whats so fun about it, you could get some information out of it. Not an expert on this situation so try to take my post with a grain of salt.

If that fails then time to put your foot down. Maybe contact his family also.

Good luck!

Do you know his friend? Maybe you can get some information from him on this subject.

Also do you have the keys for the room he is in?

You should confront him about it like everyone says, if it isn't him then it isn't him.

If this is your first time trying to confront him, try to be kinder and less worried and ask him what the game is and whats so fun about it, you could get some information out of it. Not an expert on this situation so try to take my post with a grain of salt.

If that fails then time to put your foot down. Maybe contact his family also.

Good luck!

Yes. His friend works with him. But I don't talk with him much. I've tried to talk to him about it several times. Sweet talk won't work. That is why I am trying to put my foot down.