Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

Let's officially decide what naming convention to use on KH13-- "Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX" or "Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix"

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• encyclopaedic style
    • stylised trademark

We've been a bit inconsistent with the KH game titles on KH13. Originally, we followed what I'll call the "encyclopaedic style", which is basically to write things as they would be written on Wikipedia, following Wikipedia's guidelines. Around the time that the first KH HD collection was announced, we started using the "stylised trademark" style of KH titles, which is to write things as Square Enix write them in their press releases, official websites, etc.

Here are some examples of what I mean:

encyclopaedic style

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix

stylised trademark

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX

That should demonstrate what the difference is. The question is, which should we use for content on KH13? Of course, people are welcome to use whatever they like on the forum and in comments, etc-- but the question is, what should we decide to use in news articles, content archives, and so on?

I'd like to hear some arguments from both sides and hopefully we can reach a satisfying conclusion.

PS: Yes this is all extremely picky but we'll be re-doing a lot of content soon and I want to get it right for good

I prefer the styled trademark. Since the Kingdom Hearts in caps just makes it easier to see and I dunno just looks better to me than the encylopaedic style. Again this may be just me.

Also for fun let's think of other games where we might have this problem, I'm having trouble thinking of many

Watch Dogs vs. WATCH_DOGS

Don't mention FF cause that's too easy :P

Encyclopedic style, all caps is the worst form emphasis to use, it feels like you're shouting at the reader, in a list makes them blend together, lowercase are physiologically easier to and the blend of capitals and lowercase are more pleasing to the eyes.  Studies have proven that it's less legible slows the rate of reading than a mix of lower and upper case.  Also as it's typically used for emphasis, I think there's no need to emphasize the word Kingdom Hearts line after line, we all know this is a KH website. 

Additionally, take "Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix" for example, the most important part really, is the "Birth by Sleep" to separate it from the others in the series, so "Kingdom Hearts BIRTH BY SLEEP Final Mix" makes more sense to me, than the one shown in the example.  

See?  Even science supports that all caps suck.  It's true, too.  In the stylized version, all I see is Kingdom Hearts stuff Kingdom Hearts stuff her Kingdom Hearts stuph Kingdom Hearts.

You should just call games like KH1.5 by the style of KH1.5.

It's short, easy, and to the point. And I'm pretty sure everyone on here knows what KH is or they wouldn't even know what this website is about.

I hate being screamed at about the title of a videogame. Besides, caps lock looks obnoxious to a lot of people (myself incleded).

everyone vote encyclopedic down with the 96 

I'll be honest here. It was DChiuch's idea. About a year ago, he told me we should start writing the titles like Square Enix does. Believe it or not I was reluctant to at first. Now yes, I'm a bit overboard with it. Lol.