Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Which Square Enix team is your favourite?

Which Square Enix team is your favourite?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Square Enix team is your favourite?

• Kitase-Toriyama team (FF X, X-2, XIII, XIII-2 & LR along with X/X-2 HD Remaster and Last Mission)
    • KINGDOM HEARTS team (KH FINAL MIX, KH II FINAL MIX & FFXV)
    • Osaka team (Re:CoM, Birth by Sleep, KH3D, KH HD ReMIXes, KH III)
    • FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn team
    • FINAL FANTASY XI team
    • Ito's FINAL FANTASY XII team
    • Another team.

Well XIII was plagued with development issues. No, they didn't help with XIII-2. They got Tri-Ace to help with XIII-2 and LIGHTNING RETURNS.

Oh? I thought they did. 

They were also pulled for the whole FF XIV debacle.

And yeah XIII was plagued with development issues. There was no communication between the different "mini-teams" in the team. Like there was no communication between the "team that was making the world and the one making the graphics for example. that'a bad example. But you get what I'm saying.

Edited by baptiscool19

Oh? I thought they did. 

They were also pulled for the whole FF XIV debacle.

And yeah XIII was plagued with development issues. There was no communication between the different "mini-teams" in the team. Like there was no communication between the "team that was making the world and the one making the graphics for example. that'a bad example. But you get what I'm saying.

People working on multiple projects is normal. Look at Nomura. Lol.

No, it actually was. The hardware is so different, more complex. And they had never used it before.

Oh ok, It's just, I come from gamefaqs where sarcasm runs high so I just think everything is sarcastic.

Can you confirm this?

-- I�ve heard that what started the project was a proposal sent in by the SE Osaka team.

Nomura: Well, there was a time when we were unsure of where we would have Birth by Sleep developed. But then the Osaka team that had helped out with Musashiden II [i believe this is Brave Fencer Musashi in other territories?] said �We would like to work on it!� So we asked them to show us their work on the PSP, and they created a prototype. The prototype was quite good, so we decided to have them work on the game. During the first period of development on Birth by Sleep we had the Crisis Core team work on parts of it. But the Kingdom Hearts series is a Disney series, so they we have that hurdle we have to get passed, and we needed to have constant communication between the Tokyo and Osaka teams. There were a lot of things we needed them to become familiar with. So instead we had them start with working on Re: Chain of Memories.

-- After that, you were asked to manage 'Re: Chain of Memories', right?

Yoshimoto: Yes. About half a year into making 'Birth by Sleep', Nomura asked us, "Could you make 'Re: Chain of Memories'?" There was less than a year until the development deadline.

Edited by JTD95

Well XIII was plagued with development issues. No, they didn't help with XIII-2. They got Tri-Ace to help with XIII-2 and LIGHTNING RETURNS. Some team in Square Enix Europe.

It was the Canadian team, not any european team.