Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wateraptor

Who's gonna die in Kingdom Hearts III?

Implying that death exists in Kingdom Hearts universe, who do you think will say goodbye to us?I think it would be a good ending for Riku, giving his life to save his friends and finally obtaining a full redemption.I also wonder if Disney will save Aerith this time...

Riku's death would shock me and i would sit thee and then slowly cry  : anyway i think the most possible character to die will be Terra probably saving someones life and earning his redemption.

Aqua.  As much as I LOVE her, her death would be the most pivotal one there could be.  She has already sacrificed everything she has, and giving her life would be that much more.  It would be the most tragic death of any and would give Xion a run for her money.  Aqua dying would give the series an absolutely distinct advantage over any death any other video game has done.  If Square wanted to knock KH3 out of the park while including a death, none other than Aqua would give them such  an edge.

It's not that people likes when characters dies, it's just that there's graveness beyond a death and sometime it's needed to keep alive a Story. Plus, there's an ENTIRE Keyblade graveyard where Keyblades end up after their master's death during the Keyblade War.. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some death in this Keyblade War as well xD

I guess I didn't look at it that way. xD lol just so weird that everyone wants someone to die in KH.

What do you mean full redemption? Riku has already redeem himself. Riku has done everything to help Sora to wake up, giving Sora, Donald, and Goofy clues in Kingdom Hearts 2, sacrificing his life for Sora during the final battle against Xemnas in Kingdom Hearts 2, and finally conquering his darkness in Dream Drop Distance and becoming a full keyblade master. Riku has fully redeem himself.

He's still gonna feel guilty for things he did to Disney characters.  He hasn't got a chance to apologize or do things out of remorse for the likes of Beast or the other Princesses.  While I don't think he'll die, I think his self loathing and guilt will continue for a bit

Master Xehanort.Roxas, sort of. I predict he and Ventus will merge together during the course of the game with the same personality but the memories of both characters and just going by the name Ventus.Possibly Terra, seeing as how he's the most broken character in the series. Perhaps, in order to restore Master Eraqus, they have to sacrifice him.Xigbar, most likely. He's a generally pretty selfish and evil dude with no redeemable qualities other than being one of the best characters. Which shouldn't be enough to save you if good storytelling is in play. (With the exception of Axel/Lea)Saix, maybe. 50/50 for me. I can see him dying a tragic death or redeeming himself.There's no way any of the original heroes/FF or Disney characters will die.

I don't think so. Sora and the gang will find a way to re create Roxas, Xion, and Namine as their own person. And Ventus will come back once Sora gives back Ven's heart back. And Terra will be save also along with Master Eraqus without sacrificing Terra. Edited by Movies798

Apparently Death=Emotion. No people, death has to be done right in order for it to be satisfying. Just killing a character off isn't enough for it to be memorable, at times it can be really annoying if not executed properly. Yeah KH3 will have conflicts, but death isn't the answer UNLESS ITS NEEDED IN THE STORY. That's my main problem with 358/2 Days, we have Xion who's introduced who really doesn't serve any purpose to anything apart from being something for Roxas to lose. So when she 'died' I didn't really feel anything since you could tell it was gonna happen. It was more of the game going "ARE YOU SAD YET!? THIS IS THE PART WHEN YOU'RE MEANT TO BE SAD GUYS" It didn't feel genuine but really forced so we could lead up to the Roxas vs Riku scene where we find out Roxas true motive. Death like that doesn't work because you really don't feel anything (in my case anyway) it wasn't random or spontaneous it's just something you would expect. Death like Lee in The Walking Dead game work because it felt so genuine, it didn't feel like they did it just to tack on emotion in the end but it just felt crucial to the overall plot so when Lee died it was even more heart wrenching because I really felt that this death was important and heartfelt, instead of being something tacked on to invoke emotion.

So if this was too long, in summary. Don't do death for no reason, no need to be dark and invoke fake emotion in games like this. What will killing off all these characters gain in the slightest? absolutely nothing UNLESS DONE CORRECTLY.

Apparently Death=Emotion. No people, death has to be done right in order for it to be satisfying. Just killing a character off isn't enough for it to be memorable, at times it can be really annoying if not executed properly. Yeah KH3 will have conflicts, but death isn't the answer UNLESS ITS NEEDED IN THE STORY. That's my main problem with 358/2 Days, we have Xion who's introduced who really doesn't serve any purpose to anything apart from being something for Roxas to lose. So when she 'died' I didn't really feel anything since you could tell it was gonna happen. It was more of the game going "ARE YOU SAD YET!? THIS IS THE PART WHEN YOU'RE MEANT TO BE SAD GUYS" It didn't feel genuine but really forced so we could lead up to the Roxas vs Riku scene where we find out Roxas true motive. Death like that doesn't work because you really don't feel anything (in my case anyway) it wasn't random or spontaneous it's just something you would expect. Death like Lee in The Walking Dead game work because it felt so genuine, it didn't feel like they did it just to tack on emotion in the end but it just felt crucial to the overall plot so when Lee died it was even more heart wrenching because I really felt that this death was important and heartfelt, instead of being something tacked on to invoke emotion.

So if this was too long, in summary. Don't do death for no reason, no need to be dark and invoke fake emotion in games like this. What will killing off all these characters gain in the slightest? absolutely nothing UNLESS DONE CORRECTLY.

Disney and Square Enix are very good on show emotional deaths and, thought that the Kingdom Hearts main theme is friendship, I don't think one death would be without purpose.I don't ask something like Game of Thrones, my entire life would be ruined, but some beautiful death do be remebered just like Mufasa's and Aerith's.

Disney and Square Enix are very good on show emotional deaths and, thought that the Kingdom Hearts main theme is friendship, I don't think one death would be without purpose.I don't ask something like Game of Thrones, my entire life would be ruined, but some beautiful death do be remebered just like Mufasa's and Aerith's.

But why is everyone speculating who's going to die, like the story needs it. I completely agree there can be beautiful death scenes but the ones you mentioned are unexpected, that's what makes the best death scenes. Everyone speculating who they want to die, it almost feels like they want it to happen which removes any kind of surprise and just to give a fake sense of LOL EMOTION.

But why is everyone speculating who's going to die, like the story needs it. I completely agree there can be beautiful death scenes but the ones you mentioned are unexpected, that's what makes the best death scenes. Everyone speculating who they want to die, it almost feels like they want it to happen which removes any kind of surprise and just to give a fake sense of LOL EMOTION.

I wanted to see the other users' opinions: maybe there will not be any death but something else (someone that locks the real Kingdom Hearts from the inside).I'm not wishing Riku's death (even if I still hate him from Kh1...).

I wanted to see the other users' opinions: maybe there will not be any death but something else (someone that locks the real Kingdom Hearts from the inside).I'm not wishing Riku's death (even if I still hate him from Kh1...).

Riku's my favourite character as he actually develops past his KH1 state. They could of left him as an Angsty kid but they didn't. He's more of a sarcastic, keeps to himself kind of guy now and I like that.

Riku's my favourite character as he actually develops past his KH1 state. They could of left him as an Angsty kid but they didn't. He's more of a sarcastic, keeps to himself kind of guy now and I like that.

I understand your point of view, I'm not this angry with him to want him dead. Just, he was too difficult to defeat for me the first time I played Kingdom Hearts.