Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

Mission Mode W/ New Features?

This won't be one of my more long-winded ideas, it'll be a lot shorter.

Anyways, we all remember Mission Mode from 358 Days. Multiplayer battles up to four players, with a variety of characters and weapons to choose from, and lots of enemies and bosses to fight together.... oh yeah, and the unbearable lag and brokenness of the DS's wi-fi connection.... yeah....

But since KHIII will be on the PS4 and Xbox One, which will definitely not have the same issues (hopefully), I think that bringing back Mission Mode as a secondary for the normal Story Mode could be a good idea. Plus there could be a lot of different new features and play options available.

We could play as Sora, Riku, and all of our favorite characters; have a variety of different Keyblades/weapons to play as and unlock through means of playing through the missions or maybe even in the Story Mode; equip items and assign abilities to give a more strategic edge to certain missions that might require it; missions themselves can diverge from basic "fight through a wave of enemies and then fight a boss" formulas and have more variety, like hunting down certain enemies like bounty hunters, surviving waves of enemies with limited items, fighting a chain of enemies ala tournament style format, and much more; and last but not least: multi-player boss battles, with bosses ranging from Heartless to Nobodies to people like the Organization or dare I say Disney villains.

There's a lot to do with this type of mode. I'm not saying its necessary nor will it make the game better, but hey, its just a thought.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Well, I know that I might be the only one not to say "Yes" until now, but I think things are different with KHIII from Days since Days's story is just by missions, which fits if we had mission mode, but as for KHIII it will be a connected story mode like the previous games, so having some of it's parts as multiplayer doesn't make sense.For me I would like something that is out of the story and similar to Mirage Arena's idea.and I am surely hoping that we can play as a lot of characters and equip them normally like the main character in every title.

Well, I know that I might be the only one not to say "Yes" until now, but I think things are different with KHIII from Days since Days's story is just by missions, which fits if we had mission mode, but as for KHIII it will be a connected story mode like the previous games, so having some of it's parts as multiplayer doesn't make sense.

To be fair, I did say that this should be a mode separate from the story without any real connection to it.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

To be fair, I did say that this should be a mode separate from the story without any real connection to it.

Ops, I probably missed some of the lines that you wrote while reading because I am probably half a sleep :P

In that case I would actually agree, having a mission mode that is for multiplayer, separated from the story and got multi equip-able characters would be an awesome idea :D