Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Raziel

GRAPHICALLY, will KH3 look exactly like THIS, will it look better, or worse?

56 members have voted

1. 1. How good will KINGDOM HEARTS 3's graphics be?

• I expect them to look about the same as the video!
    • I expect them to be worse than the video; not this good!!
    • I think the graphics will look much better than in this video!!!

KEEP IN MIND WHEN YOU ANSWER THIS: Nomura said that the graphics that we've seen so far in KH3's trailer #2 are, and I quote, "FAR from what we want to accomplish for the final product."

Thoughts?! I NEVER saw one of these threads before, surprisingly.

Better. EASILY.

I think he means as in art style and cabability to render hair, etc, the same sort of way but in the actual engine. 

Edited by KittensOnFire

Sorry to say this, but lets be realistic.. It's a miracle if the graphics are this good.. Most of the graphics for Ps4 haven't changed much from the Ps3.. So I think that the graphics won't be that good.. Close to it, but not that good..

Edited by SoraVen Roxas???

Sorry to say this, but lets be realistic.. It's a miracle if the graphics are this good.. Most of the graphics for Ps4 haven't changed much from the Ps3.. So I think that the graphics won't be that good.. Close to it, but not that good..

Clearly you've just been looking at ports, games like FFXV look amazing.

Oh wow I really hope so! Because so far, the trailers look worse by far!

The trailers are just FMVs from very early development. 

It's going to be better than this. Remember when SE said that it didn't look right to them when they shown us the KH3 trailer(I'm talking about the second one that came out a few months after e3 last year) We're probably going to get a big surprised if SE decides to show another one of those 3 minute trailers at Tokyo games show. We will probably see the graphical differences between the two trailers. I won't be surprised if they show more scenes where Sora is fighting with other people instead of Donald and Goofy. 

Edited by Zeldablade7

Better than this, but possibly not quite as good as the footage we've seen, seeing as how it's being developed on a computer with higher specs than either the XBO or PS4

Not to nitpick or anything but this opening is by far graphically superior to even the second KH3 trailer released. If you look closely in the second KH3 trailer, ALL metals in the trailer such as the Kingdom Key, his zippers, his necklace, etc. are literally just grey. Zero realism whatsoever. But in the DDD opening, everything that should be metal actually LOOKS metallic lol. Even the hair looks better in DDD's opening. Maybe you didn't watch it in HD.

PLUS: Nomura even said himself that the graphics we've seen so far in those two trailers are "FAR" (exact word used) from what it's finally going to look like on-console. Meaning better. Much, much better. You didn't see that interview? : o

Edited by Raziel

Not to nitpick or anything but this opening is by far graphically superior to even the second KH3 trailer released. If you look closely in the second KH3 trailer, ALL metals in the trailer such as the Kingdom Key, his zippers, his necklace, etc. are literally just grey. Zero realism whatsoever. But in the DDD opening, everything that should be metal actually LOOKS metallic lol. Even the hair looks better in DDD's opening. Maybe you didn't watch it in HD.PLUS: Nomura even said himself that the graphics we've seen so far in those two trailers are "FAR" (exact word used) from what it's finally going to look like on-console. Meaning better. Much, much better. You didn't see that interview? : o

I watch in HD, I just never looked closely at the metals. Plus, the Kingdom Shader makes it harder to pick out the actual graphics. From what I understand the Shader is some sort or lighting effect/secondary texture layer hybrid since it seems it's purpose is to help characters blend more seamlessly into the worlds. Yeah I saw the interview, but we have yet see the PS4s or XBOs full grafical abilities and the interview says they're developing it in over spec mode, meaning they'll have to downgrade it because it's being made to exceed the PS4s/XBOs limits. No doubt it will be amazing, but it's hard to guess just how amazing so I'd rather underestimate it and be pleasantly surprised then overestimate it and be dissappointed. Still, the answer to the initial question remains the same: Better. Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I watch in HD, I just never looked closely at the metals. Plus, the Kingdom Shader makes it harder to pick out the actual graphics. From what I understand the Shader is some sort or lighting effect/secondary texture layer hybrid since it seems it's purpose is to help characters blend more seamlessly into the worlds. Yeah I saw the interview, but we have yet see the PS4s or XBOs full grafical abilities and the interview says they're developing it in over spec mode, meaning they'll have to downgrade it because it's being made to exceed the PS4s/XBOs limits. No doubt it will be amazing, but it's hard to guess just how amazing so I'd rather underestimate it and be pleasantly surprised then overestimate it and be dissappointed. Still, the answer to the initial question remains the same: Better.

I agree. I cannot wait until we actually get to see what it looks like for real. This wait is so messed up. D:

Clearly you've just been looking at ports, games like FFXV look amazing.

FFXV looks really amazing, that's true. BUT it's not like CGI graphics.. It's slightly better than FFXIII but not THAT MUCH better.. Get real people.. FFXV is good but for a PS4 game it should be tremendously amazing.. The graphics in these new games SHOULD have all CGI quality!!! In a way that you can't even see a difference between gameplay and cutscenes!!! That's what I want to expect, but my hopes are really down on this! But, I'm open to swallow my pride and apologize if the other way happens!!But for me, my opinion remains: Not better or like the video, but Much better than the previous games, of course!!!

I hope not. I'm actually not super wild about the realistic look in the CG openings.

Whatever floats your boat, but no MATTER WHAT, at least the metals in this game NEED to be realistic and shiny because metal is supposed to LOOK like metal when it needs to be. Not plastic. If they dumb that down it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever because in their "real life" metal things are in FACT metallic, obviously, so that's how it's supposed to look. Especially considering the graphical capabilities of next-gen. It would just be pure laziness on their part. If they keep the same art style that's fine, but just making metal things actually look metallic wouldn't hurt anyone. 

Just imagine looking at your shiny Keyblade/clothes glisten in the sunlight. It can't do that when it looks like crap. This isn't the damn PS2 anymore.

For the sake of the Disney Worlds (especially those from 2D films) I doubt KHIII will have that CG realistic look like in the openings, it'll be more cartoony, so whether it's better or worse will be to each their own.

But I love that realistic look so for me it'll probably be worse.

May I remind you and everyone that KH3 is a legendary title. Everything, including the graphics, will be the best the series has ever shown. KH3 in every aspect is going to blow every title up to it out of the water.

Edited by KingdomHearts3