Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aang

Will Riku Have A Romantic Interest In Kingdom Hearts III?

If that happens half of the fan base will disappear and erupt into chaos.

I don't think Nomura wants to ruffle any feathers in the fandom. This is a business and best to keep it open ended and neutral. Why else do you think SoKai has not happened?

First off, I am going to assume that you looked at my avatar and thought I was a hard core Riku fangirl which I am not. I love all characters.Secondly, SquareEnix likes to keep things open unless it was established during the game. Ex. FFVII Clerth vs Clouti (ambiguous) or Tidus and Yuna or Snow and Serah.Thirdly, I really don't care if Riku gets a love interest, but to be real, this is a game about friendship with a hint of romance through SoKai which makes sense because of Disney. But, I see KH pulling a Frozen like deal with a little kiss.You did not have to cuss me out. It really displaying projection.

I felt a tiny hint of Aqua and Terra...but those may be my shipping glasses...

Anyways how about at least making it like SoKai? Just hints?

If Roxas and Namine happens then I want Xion to end up with Riku...or if Riku get's Namine for Xion to end up with Roxas. Or simply make it a love square...well Sora, Kairi, and Riku used to be a love triangle. Does anyone think that Riku may still have feelings for Kairi?

Well, he did like Kairi, but she chose Sora so Riku yielded. On the Island when Selphie talks about who she's share  Paopu with she says "I think I can do better than Titus or Wakka" Since Sora is already more or less taken maybe...

That would be entirely weird. Since Aqua is like 30 and Riku is 17-18

That's a 20 year difference... eugh

Actually, in BbS, Aqua was about 17 and, as far as I know, time doesn't really exist in the RoD so people don't age there, meaning her and Riku are no more than a year apart in age by now.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Will Roxas have a romantic interest?

Will Sora finally get together with Kairi?

Will Axel have a romantic interest?

THIS, my fellow shippers, THESE ARE ONLY SOME OF THE FEW QUESTIONS WE WANT ANSWERED!!!!!

-ahem...

Roxas seemed to have something with Xion, but that was mostly strong friendship, then again we always have Namine who exist still.

I can see Sora getting together with Kairi, but remember, this isn't the final KH game that will involve Sora, so maybe they will wait for the official KH finale.

Larxene was very flirty toward Axel, and i couldn't tell with Axel if it was vise versa, although Larxene is dead atm, that may have been possible.

And i agree lots of questions should be answered  :tongue:

Edited by FluffDictator

Next Saga watch some badass chick come through. They'll be fighting and she'll be flirting with him while it happens like She punces on him and licks his cheek then he slashes at her and she jumps off. I see it being like a Batman scenario...get it....Batman....cause Soul Eater....and he can get bat wings in KH3D...no...ok...I'll just go then...*walks out of room*

No I don't think so, I personally don't think every single character needs a stinking love interest. Anyway I think it's best not to put anyone of the characters in a romantic relationship. Havoc will happen IMO

No, we don't really need a new character thrown in for the sole purpose of Riku getting a love interest. It wouldn't really be necessary, especially in a franchise that really has no specific emphasis on love.

I'm pretty sure that in time, Riku will eventually find someone to love, but I don't think it'll be in Kingdom Hearts 3, but rather, in the next saga.  But if he finds a sweetheart in Kingdom Hearts 3, then by all means, please let him have one, because considering everything he's gone through, he at least deserves a girl. :3

I really hope not. Simply because it wouldn't fit at all. Also, chances are it wouldn't be with Kairi, so that leaves very few girl characters. They'd have to add a female character, and it would probably only be for the sake of giving him a love interest. Which would suck. I mean, the writers already have problems writing female characters, and writing one in just to be a love interest... The fans would never let them hear the end of it lol. In theory, it would be nice. I just don't think it could work given the circumstances. 

Besides, Romantic relationships are NOT more important then platonic friendship ones. They are equally important. 

I felt a tiny hint of Aqua and Terra...but those may be my shipping glasses...

Anyways how about at least making it like SoKai? Just hints?

If Roxas and Namine happens then I want Xion to end up with Riku...or if Riku get's Namine for Xion to end up with Roxas. Or simply make it a love square...well Sora, Kairi, and Riku used to be a love triangle. Does anyone think that Riku may still have feelings for Kairi?

The way Riku acts in certain scenes post KH1 suggest he approves of them together and only has sisterly/platonic feelings for Kairi now. 

Throughout KH1, it is suggested he had a crush on his best friend Kairi, then when he is closing the door at the end, Riku says ''Take care of her''. 

And in kh2, Riku nearly leaves while Sora & Kairi are hugging, only to be stopped by Kairi and Sora showing that they care about him. 

In the scene where Sora & Kairi were talking to Namine and Roxas, Riku is facing the other direction.

In the BBS secret ending Sora & Kairi are talking but Riku faces the other way and smiles. 

Hello fellow Kingdom hearts freaks!

Aang here with an interesting topic I thought of out of utter bordeom. Will Riku have a romantic interest in Kingdom Hearts III? As far as I can recall he's never had a girlfriend, never talked about girls, or romance considering himself at all. I understand Nomura isn't a big fan of love, and hasn't done it much.

Riku is in his late teens/early adulthood and not once has he talked about crushes, or romance at all. Do you want to see Riku find a sweetheart? Should he remain the rouge, loner for the rest of his life? Let me know in the comments section below? 

Cheers,

-Aang

Naaaaah, Sora is the lucky guy..