Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
liamaru

what is you're kh story? (how did you get into the series)

how did you got into the series tell us in the comments. i got into the series one day at middle shcool it was a second piriod in 6th grade and we were at the school library me and my friend's were on computer's and conversing about anime he was trying to get me into soul eater showing me charecters like black star and death the kid so then he looked up the release date becouse kingdom hearts II was soon to come out but i seid "not interested <ffvII joke" i knew what kingdom hearts was but my impression of it was "final fantasy 7 with a brown haired cloud using keys to fight with disney gayyyy!!!"but i was sooo wrong later after school we went to my friends house to indulge in some ssb meele afterwords we stopped playing and just talked about what happened at shcool anime & games my friend then began to play kingdom hearts and once i saw the graphics and gameplay i was hooked it was unlike anything i had ever seen i saw sora fighting sephiroth gliding and such and i was amazed ive been hooked ever since.

Edited by liamaru

One day when I was back in 5th grade, my sister brought home this manga that a friend gave her. It was called "Kingdom Hearts 2: Volume 2" (the last english one :( ). My sister really liked it because it was full of Disney characters and she loves Disney. I thought it was cool so I read it, and the story seemed very interesting, so I wanted to know more. I found out that the manga was based off a video game, so i bought Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 (not knowing that Re:CoM comes in between) and I loved the first game! I thought, and still think, it was perfect, except for the camera. Then I played KH II and I instantly loved it better and to this day, it is my favorite video game of all time (never played BBS). Then I got all the other games I could (no PSP for BBS) and waited for KH III. If only I had a PS3 for the HD ReMixes. PLEASE, Square Enix, release it on PS4...

(ok ok ok)

So me a few years back (actually) never used to like anime. Any time a anime show came on I used to turn off the tv. 

(around the time of KH2)

One time I was watching Cartoon Network, the commercial for KH2 came on and I was like,"Wow Disney, is in the anime buisiness too!" So I decided to actaully get into anime for a little bit, and my first actual Anime series was "Yu-Gi-Oh!".

(3 years after Days)

I started to like Anime, and watched alot of it. Then I was hearing about Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, and I only had a regular DS. So I had remembered that memory of the commercial for KH2. Then I decided to search up Kingdom Hearts, and of course it was a japnese role-playing game, which was like anime. So I got into the KH series, and I got more info out of it. On Christmas 2012 I got Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days as my first KH game (omg you should have seen my face xD). So I started playing the game alot, and in 2013 I got more and more into the series that I got, Re: Coded, Dream Drop Distance, and 1.5. Then I decided I shouldn't just be sharing KH by myself. And at that time KH13 was my source for KH stuff, so I joined with the name Riku=D. And that's it. lol

:) 

my mom told me to choose what game i wanted for my birthday. I saw KH Days . i really wanted to try the series out and I got hooked on it,

what a short story i suppose it's not as dramatic for everyone lol 

One day when I was back in 5th grade, my sister brought home this manga that a friend gave her. It was called "Kingdom Hearts 2: Volume 2" (the last english one :( ). My sister really liked it because it was full of Disney characters and she loves Disney. I thought it was cool so I read it, and the story seemed very interesting, so I wanted to know more. I found out that the manga was based off a video game, so i bought Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 (not knowing that Re:CoM comes in between) and I loved the first game! I thought, and still think, it was perfect, except for the camera. Then I played KH II and I instantly loved it better and to this day, it is my favorite video game of all time (never played BBS). Then I got all the other games I could (no PSP for BBS) and waited for KH III. If only I had a PS3 for the HD ReMixes. PLEASE, Square Enix, release it on PS4...

i have a similar story to that as well Edited by liamaru

When I first saw the commercials for KHI back in 2002, I wasn't particularly interested. However, shortly after its release, when I was at my cousin's house, he was playing a game that pretty much caught my interest instantly. After asking what it was, I was shocked to hear it was that same game that I hadn't really cared about from a few months before. Got it that year on Christmas day, and I've never turned back since. In fact, KHI's still my favorite entry in the series.

When I first saw the commercials for KHI back in 2002, I wasn't particularly interested. However, shortly after its release, when I was at my cousin's house, he was playing a game that pretty much caught my interest instantly. After asking what it was, I was shocked to hear it was that same game that I hadn't really cared about from a few months before. Got it that year on Christmas day, and I've never turned back since. In fact, KHI's still my favorite entry in the series.

lucky for you your cosin had it or you would never have becom the fan you are today 

I was hired as the Scenario Planner for Kingdom Hearts III, meaning I had to play the rest of the series to actually create a scenarioIt's taking me a long time to beat Re:CoM, hence the delay on III- my bad

lol WHAT darn you hurry up and finish!!!!

No worries I'm on the 3rd floor- how many more can there be?

ah crap....ill expect kingdom hearts 3 when i turn 30 lol but seriously lots more to go

I watched one of my family members play kh2. At that time years ago I didn't know what the kingdom hearts series was. One day I asked him if I can play kingdom hearts 2 and he said "yes" and that's what got me into the kingdom hearts series. 

I watched one of my family members play kh2. At that time years ago I didn't know what the kingdom hearts series was. One day I asked him if I can play kingdom hearts 2 and he said "yes" and that's what got me into the kingdom hearts series. 

very insightful it's like that for moast people including myself

I had heard about the game randomly, but didn't really know anything about it but always wanted to play it (but somehow, i didn't?) and then a friend of my sister's lended her copy of KH1 to my sister and we played it.

I saw my cousins playing Days back when I was really little, and I wasn't really sure what to think of it, but my brother got it, and I asked him "If it was good" and he said yeah, so I got Days too. And I really sucked at it, but I beat it, and I felt really sorry for poor Roxas, and I got every Kingdom Hearts game that came out after that... But they were all too hard, so I never beat them. Until one day I was looking for quotes for something, and I stumbled across a quote from 3D, and it made me want to play 3D. And somehow I found myself ACTUALLY BEATING IT! :D And it addicted me into playing the rest.

My first experience with Kingdom Hearts was waaaaaay back in 2002 when I discovered the box art. It stood out for me, with its almost shiny metallic look, then I took a look at the images on the back of the case. 'Wait a minute, that's Cloud Strife... and Jack Skeleton?! What is this mysterious game?!' I was in a Blockbusters at the time and I gave it a rent. Two days later I bought the the thing and have been hooked on it ever since.

I loved Final Fantasy VII and I always wondered what a game like that with real-time combat would be like, low and behold Kingdom Hearts answered that question. Kingdom Hearts II still remains to be one of my favorite games of all time. I live in the UK and I still will never forgive Square-Enix releasing the game 6 months after the US release date. That wait was PAINFUL. I'm so hoping Kingdom Hearts III isn't the same, trying to avoid spoilers for that long in this day and age is almost impossible.

I've bought every game, every Final Mix version and every available system it's been released on. I will continue to be a Kingdom Hearts nut for many years to come.

Ah yes...Kingdom Hearts...The game that I have so much love for with reasons I don't understand. Then I learned that I DO understand. It's just that it's so simple that I missed it. I simply loved playing it. xD

I don't remember the exact year but the first Kingdom Hearts had been out for a while. I think it was in 2005 a few months before Kingdom Hearts II came out. I was a Senior in High School I believe. I had just arrived at my cousin's house and I was placing my bags down. I looked on his tv and saw him playing something weird. I saw some weird looking kid on the screen and the The Beast from Beauty and the Beast. There that strangely attracted me to the screen. 1.) The way "level" looked 2.) The music 3.) My cousin usually plays sports games so it must have been something interesting. In case you're wondering, the "level" was Hollow Bastion.

I asked him if I could try for a little bit and I had no idea what was going on. I played for maybe five minutes. Unfortunately, I think that's all I managed to play at his house. I don't remember too well. So I asked him if I could borrow it and he said yes. I got home and started a brand new game. The beginning of the game instantly drew me in. The theming, the slightly dark undertones and the mystery of it all. The voice acting was kind of corny to me at the time haha. Never the less I began to play. I had never experienced anything like it before. I couldn't describe it. I played for countless hours loving every minute of it. I finally beat the game that I didn't want to end. Then when it got to the end, I didn't understand if it was the true end or not. I was perplexed that is until...

I got to see the little teaser for Kingdom Hearts II. I was like "Wow! A sequel?" "Yes! More, More More!!". I started to Google information about Kingdom Hearts II and found this website. I saw that this was the "go to" place for all information about Kingdom Hearts. It was here that I saw a different and longer trailer from the "Final Mix" version which I didn't know what that was at the time. Of course the only time I would come was to see if new information was posted. I didn't really explore the site and would stay briefly and leave if I didn't find anything. Little did I know, that later would turn out to be a big mistake that ruined my experience with sequel I had been highly anticipating.

Until the release, I was replaying Kingdom Hearts on Harder modes and challenging myself. Trying to find and learn things I didn't know before. Listening to the soundtrack etc. Then the time finally came...Unfortunately, I couldn't get it when I first came out so I hadda wait a little bit. I got the game and began playing it. I loved the opening and it seemed like it was revealing a lot of what was going to happen in the game. I was like "Wow! So many things are going to be explained now!" However as I played, things only got more and more confusing. Something had apparently happened after the first game and I thought "Oh they're probably going to explain what happened" I thought that was a weird way to introduce the new story to the game. I finally get to the end of the game and still understand so little. I beat it and I'm like ??? Then one day while I was looking for tips and hints for Kingdom Hearts 2 That's when I saw it...The most devastating thing that happened to me...

THERE WAS ANOTHER Kingdom Hearts GAME THAT I FREAKIN MISSED!!! I don't exactly remember how long after the release of the second game I found out but I think it had been a while. I also don't remember how I found out. I think that becaue I heard about a Re:CoM remake being made with the Final Mix+ version. I looked at the release date of the game and I couldn't believe it...No wonder I didn't understand anything. I didn't know there was a game for the Game Boy Advance. You would think with me being on the internet that I would see it but I wasn't as active on the internet back then as I am now. So I played that game, LOVED IT! beat it and finally felt complete.

From that point on I was much more careful and have continued to be a big fan since then. It is now 2014. I haven't played Kingdom Hearts in a while. The most recent was Dream Drop Distance earlier this year. I haven't lost interest, I just haven't had time. However I'm kind of glad I haven't because I can prepare for a huge marathon where I play the game every game and take my time this time through and not rush through things.

Anyway that's how it all happened. I'm sorry for the super long story but I type a lot lol. I hope it didn't get too boring and off track xD.

Kingdom Hearts!!