Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

A Final Fantasy World In KHIII?

Ah, yup. 

It never showed him die at all though so how are you getting this?

I use the term "die" loosely, but that's pretty much what happened. Check the ending credits of Birth By Sleep. It shows Zack in Olympus Coliseum disappearing after a black feather shows up, and a black feather then takes his place where he was standing (the black feathers allude to Sephiroth).

I use the term "die" loosely, but that's pretty much what happened. Check the ending credits of Birth By Sleep. It shows Zack in Olympus Coliseum disappearing after a black feather shows up, and a black feather then takes his place where he was standing (the black feathers allude to Sephiroth).

Oh yeah. Yeah it does make it seem like he's gone...

Although at the same time, he got killed as an adult, so maybe that was just foreshadowing the future event, and maybe Nomura could use the excuse that "it didn't happen yet". Just wishful thinking. x D

(Zack's dead so I won't include him in here).

Zack is dead in the Final Fantasy universe However it has not been fully confirmed that at the end of Birth by Sleep when the black feather falls down and zack is is gone means he's dead. He could of just been transported back to his home world

This is something that a lot, and I mean a lot, of people have discussed in the past. However, you might find my reasoning for it to be a little different. Especially considering that I am nowhere near a hardcore Final Fantasy fan.

So in the Kingdom Hearts series, we've seen FF characters make cameos, characters like Squall (Leon), Yuffie, Aerith, Cid, Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, and the Gullwings (Zack's dead so I won't include him in here). Most of these characters originate from the world Radiant Garden, as their original homes in the FF series don't exist in Kingdom Hearts because... well, it's Kingdom Hearts, not Final Fantasy, that's why.

HOWEVER, three of these characters can be said to NOT originate from Radiant Garden, or any other known world for that matter. These characters are Cloud, Sephiroth, and Tifa. It's never outright stated what world they call home; they pop up in Radiant Garden in KHII (and before that, Cloud and Sephiroth made some appearances in Olympus Coliseum), but that's just it: they pop up. They don't live there nor confirmed they have ever lived there.

Also in KHII, we see Cloud and Sephiroth disappear and Tifa supposedly goes off to track them. That's a perfect segue to introduce their original world, in that of Nibelheim, the village where Cloud, Sephiroth and Tifa originated from in the FF series, if this storyline were to be expanded on in KHIII.

Also, I'd like to bring up that the appearance of TWEWY cast in Dream Drop Distance, with Neku's last words to Sora being "See you in Shibuya" supports my case. After all, if we can have one world based on another SE property, why not two?

Why have you listed Aerith if you excluded Zack cause he's dead? ._." Anyway, Final Fantasy is a big part of Kingdom Hearts but they are not the same as their FF selves. There's no Final Fantasy universe in Kingdom Hearts, there are only Final Fantasy characters used to be part of the KIngdom Hearts universe. It would make sense if Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy stayed two separate things, but the two things are merged together in the Kingdom Hearts universe

Edited by Keyblader_95

Why have you listed Aerith if you excluded Zack cause he's dead? ._."

Because Aerith's not dead, silly. Read the posts above.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

If you talk about Final Fantasy, Aerith IS dead, just like Zack.. ._."

Well I'm NOT talking about FF, I'm talking about Kingdom Hearts, obviously. Didn't I say to read the above posts?

As much as i want a final fantasy world in kingdom hearts 3 i dont think there will be, because square enix said that the reason there wasnt any in dream drop distance was to shine light on kingdom hearts and not final fantasy. But theres still a chance maybe kingdom hearts 3 is the last game they'll be in.

Well I'm NOT talking about FF, I'm talking about Kingdom Hearts, obviously. Didn't I say to read the above posts?

Talking about a dead Zack would only make sense in Final Fantasy, where we know he actually died. Why would you assume he's dead just because he disappeared in the feather scene?

Talking about a dead Zack would only make sense in Final Fantasy, where we know he actually died. Why would you assume he's dead just because he disappeared in the feather scene?

I use the term "dead" loosely, but that's pretty much what happened. We haven't seen him since BBS canonically so he's pretty much gone. 

I use the term "dead" loosely, but that's pretty much what happened. We haven't seen him since BBS canonically so he's pretty much gone. 

Well, we haven't seen any other Final Fantasy character again (Re:Coded apart) anyway.. Nomura said it's time to bring back some Final Fantasy in Kingdom Hearts III, and I wouldn't exclude Zack's return

Well, we haven't seen any other Final Fantasy character again (Re:Coded apart) anyway.. Nomura said it's time to bring back some Final Fantasy in Kingdom Hearts III, and I wouldn't exclude Zack's return

I never cared for Zack so I don't see it happening. But that's just me.

I never cared for Zack so I don't see it happening. But that's just me.

Posted Image

How can you say such a thing about poor Zack ;_;

Jokes apart, everyone has one's preferences but I think he should return in Kingdom Hearts III, and I don't say that just because I like him as a character

What's so great about Zack anyway? He just seems like a happier version of Cloud. Geez.

Actually he's the total opposite of Cloud ._." He's more like Sora: the good guy who teaches you to follow your dreams.. your Heart xD Plus, he died following his dreams.. his character is a very strong one, very significative

Actually he's the total opposite of Cloud ._." He's more like Sora: the good guy who teaches you to follow your dreams.. your Heart xD Plus, he died following his dreams.. his character is a very strong one, very significative

... So he's just your run-of-the-mill happy face guy huh? Not impressed...

... So he's just your run-of-the-mill happy face guy huh? Not impressed...

I just tend to like characters who have something important to teach you and actually useful for the real life, than "run-of-the-mill" characters who don't :P Anyway, who ever said I don't like the other characters and personalities?

I just tend to like characters who have something important to teach you and actually useful for the real life, than "run-of-the-mill" characters who don't :P Anyway, who ever said I don't like the other characters and personalities?

There's nothing that Zack can teach me that I haven't been taught by a bunch of other happy go-lucky dudes a thousand times over: "Believe in yourself, take care of your friends, never give up, blah blah blah blah blah". 

And I didn't say that, I just don't care for Zack all that much.

There's nothing that Zack can teach me that I haven't been taught by a bunch of other happy go-lucky dudes a thousand times over: "Believe in yourself, take care of your friends, never give up, blah blah blah blah blah". 

And I didn't say that, I just don't care for Zack all that much.

Well it seemed like you implied it with your previous sentence.. anyway, there's a reason why I like the stuff you define "blah blah blah", but I won't annoy you with that.. :)