Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
TheWayToDawn

Batman: The Darkest of Days

What? Why was the rogue from earlier trying to save him? Hadn't Death Gun, practically a half hour earlier, tried to kill him? Why the hell was this man bothering to save him now?

Death Gun wasn't even sure what his next move would be. He could wrench his arm away from the other and dash off before he could be spotted again, or he could stay with this man, to where ever he planned to go.

Death Gun decided on the latter. Let's see how this played out.

Mick unfortunately was somewhat naive and too trusting. He was new to this whole superhero business, so he often made mistakes. "I saw your face." He muttered, dragging Death Gun here and there. He wasn't sure where he was going because he didn't know where he was in Gotham. Finally he hit a street, Ivory St. Finally! He knew exactly where he was, and how to get home. If Death Gun was injured, he'd treat him there."Don't worry. I won't tell anyone. I swear."

"Oh yes, how delightful this will be!" The Joker exclaimed, as they reached the middle of Amusement Mile. "Now watch this happen! Trust me, you won't want to miss the moment Gotham becomes officially ours!" The Joker said zealously. Making sure Lady Jester was facing the correct direction, Joker clicked the button he held. A single firework shot off from a high point, going high into the sky, then exploding into a lovely semblance of the Clown Prince's face. The Joker cracked up, laughing heartily for several seconds. The plan was a go.

~~~~~

As smoke clouded the alley, Nightwing jumped onto the dumpster, and maneuvered himself to the rooftop using a fire escape. It was there that he spotted the firework. Nightwing frowned. The Joker didn't light fireworks like that for no reason. He clicked his earpiece. He wasn't still officially a part of Batman's group, but he still had the contacts. "Oracle, is anybody on duty near Amusement Mile? I have a feeling that something is going to happen and soon." He asked the computer wielding assistant of Batman. Nightwing turned his eyes back down to the streets, and flicked a switch on his mask, turning it to infrared view. He searched the streets for Gemini and Death Gun.

Death Gun gave him a dark look. At least, as dark as his mask would allow him. He needed to get away. Away before those damned bats caught up to him. They didn't understand at all. That he was trying to do this city a service. That he was trying to eliminate what was corrupt and evil. But no. That made him the criminal. The only way to truly stop it was to give a reason for corrupt men to be afraid. Make them worry that accepting bribes and laundering money would be met with a severe punishment.

"I must leave. And so should you. Speak of my face and death will soon be knocking on your door, rogue."

(Sorry it's been a while. I had a two day sleep over unexpectedly and didn't want to be rude and go on the PC, then ignore my friend.)

[Lady Jester]

Lady Jester squeaked with excitement as the fireworks went off. She jumped around and clapped for Joker. "Very good! Amazing!" She giggled like a maniac to the Joker. "What are the rest of the plans? Are they as good as this?!"

[Night Fox]

As Night Fox tried to get her arms from out of under Red Hood's legs, she then heard the fireworks go off. She looks up to see it was Joker. She frowned and looked at Red Hood. He was also looking at the blast. Using this to her advantage. She places her feet firmly on the ground and pushed up. Making Red Hood fall forward and off of her. She quickly got to her feet and kicked Red Hood in his stomach. Night Fox took out her staff and went to jab his mask with it. That's when he takes off his mask and looks to Night Fox helplessly. Night Fox hesitated, biting her lip. She wanted to hit him, she needed to. But... he is an old friend. Heck with it!

"Nice try." She says just before she knocks him out with a clean hit to the side of his head. She flips him to his stomach and ties his arms behind him. She knows he'll get out of the ties, but when he does wake up. The whole thing with Joker may be over. She walks away and back to her motorcycle that crashed into a lamppost. "Oracle, I'm on my way to Amusement Mile. I can't drop off the package." She says as she picked up the med kit on her way. She frowned, feeling bad that this was the thing that was given to her. She lifts up her motorcycle and begins to ride to Amusement Mile. "Oracle, patch me to Batman."

(I would like to add that if any of you have any attachments to Oracle's communications, you can use her in your post. Also if you want a part where Oracle patches you to Batman, you can do that to. Cause, no one has taken their characters yet.)

Edited by TheWayToDawn

Mick frowned. He shook his head, and suddenly turned a corner into the side of a bricked building in the projects. He understood Death Gun mostly. Even if he didn't, he wanted to understand. "I won't. I promise. At least just come inside really quick. It's safe; they can't track us inside. I set up equipment to tamper with all electronic devises that isn't mine." He opened this attic like entrance, and led him into some kid of basement home. In there, there were just a high-tech computer, a cot, and a tv used to watch the news probably. "Please don't leave, I understand why you kill."

{Azrael}

Azrael glared at the thug he was holding off the ground with one hand. The thug's buddies were strewn about the street, one with his head through a door.

"I am losing my patience." The Avenging Angel growled, causing the thug to whimper.

"I-I can't tell you, man!" He pleaded. "The Joker'd kill me."

Azrael grinned nastily.

"And what makes you think I won't?" He whispered.

The thug's reaction was drown out by the Joker's firework. Azrael looked up and frowned.

"Fantastic." He thought. "That maniac is moving already."

He looked down to see his source of information had passed out.

"Brilliant." He said under his breath and dropped the man.

He pulled out a grapple gun and took to the roofs. He may have to ask The Clown Prince of Crime what he was landing directly.

{Black Bat}

Black Bat landed beside Nightwing and nodded to him. Words were not her first language, so she used them only when she had to. She used hand gestures to indicate that she would sweep one way, while Nightwing go the other, to catch the two runaways.

Death Gun gave the man a cold, long look. He didn't trust him. He didn't trust anyone. But, perhaps he could make an excuse that he was being followed, and that using whatever he could to evade his pursuers would be a wise move.

"Alright. I'll...follow you. But you do anything against me, and I will end you."

Mick sighed. Great, he was probably going to receive threats from this 'Death Gun' for a while now. He didn't really feel threatened, for he always kept his word. However anything he does when he's Gemini, that's out of his control."I won't do anything against you." he went into the corner to look through some boxes. "Are you hurt anywhere? Do you want anything to eat?"

"I'm fine." Death Gun said, sitting down. Just who was this man...one moment he was an enemy--assaulting an innocent officer, and now he seemed to be some scared civie who just wanted to help him. He didn't trust this man, and for good reason. No actively wanted criminal would dare trust anyone at all. Not at least until the heat went away. And considering the Bats were likely closing in, even if this man claimed to have a jammer, Death Gun was in the right to be not be trusting..

Mick nodded. At least he didn't wound the man. He quickly shuffled through the things in his boxes, suddenly letting a loud hissing noise. He just cut his hand on some shrapnel. Lovely. He was very jittery; his hands were shaking and his mind was in rapid thought. He knew the jammer worked very well, however he was very paranoid. Especially of the Batman himself. He needed someone as his ally. Just someone he could trust."T-That's good... I'm sorry for attacking you."

Night Fox awaits Oracle's response for a few minutes. Then Oracle finally responds. "Batman, is a little - busy - at the moment. There's no way I can patch you to him right now." Oracle says in the communicator.

"Okay, keep me posted about what's going on." I say.

Night Fox glances over and then catches a glimpse of some people familiar to her. Easily distracted, she quickly makes a turn and screeches to a stop. She quickly dismounts her bike, quickly throwing the kickstand on and jogs over to the familiar people. These two people she does know, Black Bat and Nightwing, which she knows him really well. "Hey, you two!" She says casually as she walks over. "Oracle, never told me you were on the field tonight, Nightwing." She says holding onto her arm that hangs down. Her shoulder still hurts from the bullet grazing her. The adrenaline must be wearing off to a certain point or her body has just discovered there is a wound

{Black Bat}

Black Bat's eyes narrowed. The killer with the gun and the person helping him got away. She couldn't let that happen again. She gave Night Fox a polite nod. She wasn't fully sure why Nightwing was in the area, but she had noted certain similarities between the first Robin and The Dark Knight, primarily their not giving explanations. Not that Black Bat needed many.

The former Batgirl noticed Night Fox's injuries.

"You good?" She asked.

~*~Lady Jester~*~

Lady gets impatient and wants to blow up more fireworks. She quickly swipe the remote from the Joker and hits the button, which makes one more firework go off. "Yesss!" She cheers for herself.

~*~Night Fox~*~

Night Fox looks at her arm again. "Yeah, I'm okay." She says with a nod. "I've taken worse blows before." She added with a shrug. Night Fox looks over to Nightwing, who has been silent. "Do you guys kn-" A firework went off in the sky, which catches Night Fox's attention. "You guys need a lift? I can only take one." She adds quickly nodding to her motorcycle. "I'm going to head for Amusement Mile."