Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Type-0's Fan Translation Has Become A Fiasco

Read Kotaku's full story on it here.

But some key points: 

“I’m not worried since I live in Spain and different laws apply,” Sky told me in an email earlier this year.

[6/7/2014 12:50:13 PM] Adam: Sky just tweeted for everyone to expect a release today or tomorrow though

[6/7/2014 1:21:24 PM] Core: Sky, the rest of the team agreed to wait until after E3. Why are you tweeting about releasing the patch?
[6/7/2014 2:46:14 PM] Merkabah: Yeah, that’s extremely not cool
[6/7/2014 2:46:38 PM] Merkabah: kind of feel like you’re just using all of our hard work to try to stick it to SE
[6/7/2014 2:49:35 PM] Merkabah: I figured this was a team effort, especially since I’ve been putting in 12-hour days for the last two weeks that maybe my opinion would have some sort of bearing on how all of my work ends up being used
[6/7/2014 3:09:05 PM] Hakurou (TJ): well this is interesting

Wow. A fiasco indeed. I'm actually kinda glad now that it was taken down. I'm sure that what the rest of the team would have wanted. Sky sure sounds like jerk. 

I agree completely.

Damn... I could only imagine what I'd do in a situation like this. I mean I would completely respect Square for it's efforts to localize it, and I wouldn't release the patch... But 12 hour days at a computer? Working thousands of hours amoung a small team consisting of fans? Surely I'd like maybe a little compensation for my efforts.

Damn... I could only imagine what I'd do in a situation like this. I mean I would completely respect Square for it's efforts to localize it, and I wouldn't release the patch... But 12 hour days at a computer? Working thousands of hours amoung a small team consisting of fans? Surely I'd like maybe a little compensation for my efforts.

Any compensation would have to be from Sky who broke up the team. So yeah...

Nope. They did nothing for Square Enix, and Square Enix did contact them well in advance to discuss it but their leader, Sky clearly didn't give a shit.

I read that Square was actually trying to reach a mutual agreement... Sky sure does sound stubborn.

And this is why I would never translate a game that is sold for profit.  I feel really sorry for the translators.  They put so much work into translating and then had it wrenched from them in this mess.  They couldn't even choose to withhold the translation after of the release announcement.  Unbelievable.  I had a feeling something like this happened when Type 0's removal was first posted by how unprofessional Sky's remarks were.

And this is why I would never translate a game that is sold for profit.  I feel really sorry for the translators.  They put so much work into translating and then had it wrenched from them in this mess.  They couldn't even choose to withhold the translation after of the release announcement.  Unbelievable.  I had a feeling something like this happened when Type 0's removal was first posted by how unprofessional Sky's remarks were.

And worst of all people actually fell for Sky's shit a couple of days ago and said they won't buy the HD release when it comes out just to stick it to Square......uhhh can't people just get a good game regardless of which company it's from

And worst of all people actually fell for Sky's shit a couple of days ago and said they won't buy the HD release when it comes out just to stick it to Square......uhhh can't people just get a good game regardless of which company it's from

They clearly didn't the want the game too badly.

I'm still going to get the HD version of Type-0 for the Playstation 4 despite all of this, Sky really is a jerk who should not have done that.

I hate when people like him use the feelings of the fans in the name of "Big bad corporation attacked us don't buy their games" when it reality it was all his faults

Sure I don't like the way companies like Capcom and Square Enix are working with but that doesn't mean I'd twist the truth