Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Alicia Maddox

*Speculation* Riku's death in KH3

The one character I wouldn't mind seeing die would be Donald (though it's extremely unlikely)Over a decade later and I'm still sore about his betrayal at Hollow Bastion

I was actually happy in that small amount of time in which I finally got rid of that slacker bitch, I rather felt sore after his come back

ok I seriously cried. This is likely not happening but... i would never want to see Riku die!!!!!  

*sobs*  Rikuuu!!!  Nooooo!!!!  :

Like I said, this is all speculation. I really don't think it will happen either.

This is more fanfictioning than speculation as there is barely any evidences to back up such speculations

Also,I'm sorry but the whole "hero is on his knees,villains attack,hero's friend take the blow" is really generic and overdone in almost every way possible

I don't see a reason for Riku to die in this story as he's the second main character after Sora

Not to mention that the Riku fangirls will cry rivers on their pillows if he died

As for death,I'd be happy if Eraqus never comes back and stay dead.THIS ISN'T DRAGON BALL Z NOMURA

Personally, If anyone is gonna die, the 13 Darknesses are ALL going to die. I think that Saix will take a blow for Lea and sacrifice himself, I think Riku might possibly take a blow for Sora and I think Terra will have won his battle against the darkness too late, turned to Terra and take a blow for Ven or Aqua and say "I told you I'd set things right." Or something like that.

I don't think they'll do the "Riku takes a blow for Sora" thing since it already happened in KH2(and they emphasized it in DDD's opening).

If Riku were to die I would say it would be more along the lines of Riku realizing that Sora will die in the process of killing Xehanort so Riku puts up a barrier or something and finishes Xehanort while dying in the process. Riku could even steal back the Kingdom Key since it was originally his responsibility. Even then, It would be more suitable for Terra to sacrifice himself while killing Xehanort since he still has to redeem himself.

PLUS my tears would never stop if Riku died!  >.<

EDIT: Nicely written btw. It's very sad and it really captures the characters personalities and how they would react IF that happened.

Edited by SorrowSurvivor

I don't think they'll do the "Riku takes a blow for Sora" thing since it already happened in KH2(and they emphasized it in DDD's opening).

If Riku were to die I would say it would be more along the lines of Riku realizing that Sora will die in the process of killing Xehanort so Riku puts up a barrier or something and finishes Xehanort while dying in the process. Riku could even steal back the Kingdom Key since it was originally his responsibility. Even then, It would be more suitable for Terra to sacrifice himself while killing Xehanort since he still has to redeem himself.

PLUS my tears would never stop if Riku died!  >.<

EDIT: Nicely written btw. It's very sad and it really captures the characters personalities and how they would react IF that happened.

That's a good theory too. And thank you! I try. <3 Glad you liked it.

Note: I'm not entirely sure where to put this, but since it reads more like a fanfic, I decided to put it here. So what if Nomura does the unthinkable, and decides to make Riku pay the ultimate price for his friends? I'm not saying it will happen, but if it does, how would it possibly play out? Knowing him, it would be pretty emotional. So this is my speculation about what Riku's death might look like.Scene: The Keyblade Graveyard. On top of a cliff, Kingdom Hearts suspended overhead.Scenario: Near the end of the great battle, Riku and Sora are fighting Xehanort. Xehanort momentarily gains the upper hand and brings Sora to his knees. As he is about to land a finishing blow, Riku steps in and takes the blow instead. He falls at Sora's feet. Sora, enraged at seeing his best friend felled, gains enough strength to continue the fight and destroy Xehanort for good. The worlds are now safe again. Sora turns back to his friend, as the other Keyblade wielders climb up the cliff to meet him.   Riku's deathThe silvery light of Kingdom Hearts shines down on the cliff's top like a swirling heart shaped pool. All that could be heard in the dead silence of the battle's aftermath, was the wind blowing through the dusty landscape. Just outside of the circle of Kingdom Hearts' light lay a still figure-barely breathing. Everyone runs to his side. Sora, still numb by what had just happened, kneeled down at Riku's head. Kairi kneels next to him. The others stand a little away. Sora put his hand on Riku's shoulder, gently shaking him awake."Hey, hey Riku? We did it! Xehanort's gone. The worlds are safe again." Riku slowly opened one eye. He looked at his best friend with pride."I knew you could do it. I never doubted you for a moment Sora."  Riku's voice was low, and faint. He coughed a little. Sora, trying to keep calm and positive, smiled." We....we can all go home now. Together. You, me, and Kairi. We can sit on the beach and watch the sunset together like we used to." Kairi looked at Sora. Though he had a smile on his face, she could hear the strain and near panic in his voice. Riku did not look good, and she knew Sora saw that. Riku gave a weak laugh. He opened both his eyes and looked at them."Well," he managed to say, "you'll have to save me a spot in the sand then. I don't think I'll be joining you." Sora's smile faltered."What...what do you mean? Of course you'll be there with us. Don't say things like that!" There was now real sadness in Sora's eyes. Riku looked up at him. He put a quivering hand up to his shoulder, where Sora's own hand was."Sora," he said weakly, "you've grown up so much in such a short time......you've had help from so many friends, and you've also done may other things on your own as well. But Sora, I can't be by your side all the time. There comes a time, in everyone's life, where we must learn to walk alone. That doesn't mean we can't have friends anymore. Our friends will always be cheering for us and we can call on them if we need their help." Kairi began to cry quietly. Sora, beginning to break down, shook his head."But I can't go alone with out you! We've always been a team. We've always been together. And besides..." at this, he tried to smile," who will I have to save me when I get in trouble?" Riku smiled."You'll be ok Sora. I have faith in you. And remember, the ones we love never really leave us. They can always be found-right here." Riku pointed to Sora's chest-where his heart was. "That's where I'll be. In your heart, Sora." Sora put his hand to his chest."My heart." he muttered. He looked back at his friend. "It still won't be the same without you......" Riku smiled. He looked over to Kairi. Her eyes were swimming in tears, her head bowed. Riku placed a hand in hers. She looked up at him.

"There, there. Don't cry for me Kairi. I'll be in your heart too. You'll find me there, and......" he pulled Kairi closer to him,"Kairi, take care of him." he whispered. Kairi nodded. "I will." she said through her tears and squeezed his hand. Riku then looked up. "Is that Kingdom Hearts?" he said softly."Yes." said Sora."I want to see it." Lea came up quietly behind them. He knelt down."I'll take you to it." he said."Thank you Lea." Riku closed his eyes as Lea lifted him up in his arms. He carried him into the pool of moon-like light, and laid him back down in the center, right under Kingdom Hearts. Sora and Kairi resumed their positions at Riku's side. Lea and the others gathered behind them. Riku slowly opened his eyes again, but they looked as if they were seeing something far off....something, that no one else could see." So that's Kingdom Hearts..."he sighed. " It's so beautiful.....and big. I've never seen anything like it." Just then, a large keyhole appeared in the center of the great heart shaped moon. It was rimmed with gold. A sound like a lock turning was heard and a ray of white light shown down on Riku, Sora, and Kairi. Riku's eyes grew wide and he gasped softly. A big smile spread across his face. He chuckled." Wow. It's so...amazing, and bright. I can......I can hear music.......singing." Sora and Kairi look at each other. They can't hear anything. Riku continues to smile.(from Riku's point of view, we can hear music. Something like a cross between The Promised Land from FF7: AC and End Of The World from KH1.) "They're so beautiful....." he raises a shaking hand toward the Kingdom Hearts. A bright white tendril of pure light appears and touches Riku's hand. It envelopes his hand and makes it's way down his arm, pulling him up as it does. Riku is lifted off the ground and carried toward Kingdom Hearts, the tendril of light wrapping itself around him. Sora, Kairi, and the rest watch on in awe as he is taken up. Soon, he is lost in light, and a sound like a great door is shut, and a lock turning once more. The golden rimmed keyhole is seen again, and then it fades away. Silence once more. A cry tears through the air. The full weight of reality hit Sora like a brick wall. His best friend in all the worlds wasn't with him anymore. He would be going home without him. Sora couldn't hold it in any longer. He was on his hands and knees crying bitterly. Kairi held him, her head on his shoulders, herself crying. Behind them, Lea looked up at Kingdom Hearts, his lips were quivering. Terra turned away, his hand to his forehead. King Mickey looked down at his Keyblade while tears rolled down his face. He felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up to see Aqua looking back at him. She tried to give him a reassuring smile, but tears stained her face also. Sora was half blinded by tears, sorrow, and pain. His soul was in turmoil. But from the midst of his inner chaos, a warm peace began to be felt. It was like a ray of sunshine piercing through rain clouds. And Sora heard a voice speaking from his heart."Sora-" it said," C'me on, I thought you were stronger than that. Remember what I said, I'm with you in your heart.......always." And despite his tears, Sora smiled. His breathing slowed, and his hearts slowed. A peace came over him. Still sobbing, he looked up at the heart-moon and put his hand to his heart again."Yeah, you are with me....and everyone else too....forever. Thank you, Riku." Sora got up and brushed himself off. He looked at Kairi who smiled and put her arm around his waist. Sora looked at those gathered around them."Let's go home." he said. And together, they walked down the cliff.Keep in mind, this is just a "what if" scenario of mine. I do think though that if Riku or someone else were to die, it might not be quite as emotionally intense as what I've written. I've just had this scene floating around in my head for a while, so I thought I might share it with you all. Hope you liked it!Alicia

Oh I forgot to mention. Good theory ^_^  I liked it, it was a good read.