Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

Persona 5 to be Unchained at Tokyo Game Show!

Heck yeah, can't wait! I hoping to see some character designs at the very least, along with some elaboration on what the plot has in store (setting, basic premise, etc.). Anything else will be the icing on the cake, IMO. :3

NEED this game!! I can't wait for TGS! I really wanna see how the characters and the settings looks like! Maybe some information will be announced at Comic Con too!

Posted Image

By the way, Where did this poster come from? Just curious.

So many questions. Are S. Links staying? Is the design of the tarot cards going to change? Since P3 and P4 are set in the Eternal Punishment timeline could this be set in the Innocent Sin universe? I mean I know the timeline was destroyed but not the world right?

So many questions. Are S. Links staying? Is the design of the tarot cards going to change? Since P3 and P4 are set in the Eternal Punishment timeline could this be set in the Innocent Sin universe? I mean I know the timeline was destroyed but not the world right?

I'm sure the S. Links will remain along with the Tarot designs albeit with higher fidelity. Good question as far as the timelines/universes go from P2. I would like to think that P3 and 4 take place in the same timeline/universe as 2 ends in. That makes the most sense anyways. I guess we just don't know. 

I'm sure the S. Links will remain along with the Tarot designs albeit with higher fidelity. Good question as far as the timelines/universes go from P2. I would like to think that P3 and 4 take place in the same timeline/universe as 2 ends in. That makes the most sense anyways. I guess we just don't know. 

It's a popular fan theory that P3 takes place in the same universe as Eternal Punishment. There's no real supporting evidence, but that doesn't mean it cant be true and if it is, then that means that other Persona game could take place on "The Other Side" And I'm not quite sure what you mean about more fidelity in the Tarot cards. could you elaborate?

I also wonder if they're going to keep the Aeon and Jester Arcana and expand on the Hunger Arcana or same that for the inevitable port/remake. You know what would be a cool feature? Being able to S. Link with other players via online connectivity.

And is anyone else hoping for a gay/bi major playable character? I mean, Kanji was a step in the right direction with his ambiguous sexuality and then we finally got Innocent Sin which was never brought over before mostly because of the ability to choose Jun and Tetsuya's lover (and Hitler appearing). Personally I'd like it if all (age appropriate) S Link characters where able to enter into a serious relationship with the protagonist, regardless of gender. It would also make an interesting allusion to Freud's theory on sexuality (that everyone is essential bisexual) I know it's based on Jungian Psychiatry but Freud was Jung's mentor so it would be a nice little reference. 

I guess Margaret will be the new proprietor of the Velvet Room now that Igor's VA passed on so I wonder who the new assistant will be?

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Edit - Atlus confirms this is fake,

Rumors are flying around saying it's fake, other say it's a legit leak.

Posted Image

where did you read that from. and person who made that i believe also made this pic Posted Image

where did you read that from. and person who made that i believe also made this pic Posted Image

The announcement is not fake, the character within the pictures are since Atlus confirmed on their twitters it is fake.

Posted Image

Edited by Tatsumi

It's a popular fan theory that P3 takes place in the same universe as Eternal Punishment. There's no real supporting evidence, but that doesn't mean it cant be true and if it is, then that means that other Persona game could take place on "The Other Side" And I'm not quite sure what you mean about more fidelity in the Tarot cards. could you elaborate?

I also wonder if they're going to keep the Aeon and Jester Arcana and expand on the Hunger Arcana or same that for the inevitable port/remake. You know what would be a cool feature? Being able to S. Link with other players via online connectivity.

And is anyone else hoping for a gay/bi major playable character? I mean, Kanji was a step in the right direction with his ambiguous sexuality and then we finally got Innocent Sin which was never brought over before mostly because of the ability to choose Jun and Tetsuya's lover (and Hitler appearing). Personally I'd like it if all (age appropriate) S Link characters where able to enter into a serious relationship with the protagonist, regardless of gender. It would also make an interesting allusion to Freud's theory on sexuality (that everyone is essential bisexual) I know it's based on Jungian Psychiatry but Freud was Jung's mentor so it would be a nice little reference. 

I guess Margaret will be the new proprietor of the Velvet Room now that Igor's VA passed on so I wonder who the new assistant will be?

I just meant that the designs will stay just with a higher resolution and better color I'm sure. I doubt Igor will be replaced however I am hoping for a different assistant. Perhaps if Theodore got to be the primary assistant this round. 

I just meant that the designs will stay just with a higher resolution and better color I'm sure. I doubt Igor will be replaced however I am hoping for a different assistant. Perhaps if Theodore got to be the primary assistant this round. 

Well his VA is dead and they don't want to replace him which is why he doesn't have any lines in Arena, Ultimax or Q.   His role is relatively minor in those so they can get away with it but if he has to interact with new protagonist they'll have to replace his JP VA  In the P4 Anime and P3 movies they just re-used his original lines.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Well his VA is dead and they don't want to replace him which is why he doesn't have any lines in Arena, Ultimax or Q.   His role is relatively minor in those so they can get away with it but if he has to interact with new protagonist they'll have to replace his JP VA  In the P4 Anime and P3 movies they just re-used his original lines.

Or they just do the same with with 5 and reuse his lines. I mean....Igor is kind of a big deal to just drop from the picture. The only other thing I could see them doing is to bring back Philemon.

Or they just do the same with with 5 and reuse his lines. I mean....Igor is kind of a big deal to just drop from the picture. The only other thing I could see them doing is to bring back Philemon.

Reusing the lines may be problematic as Igor tends to make allusions to the over all story. Philemon is still around (he's the blue save point butterfly) But if Igor took over for Philemon in the first place, I don't see why Margaret, couldn't do the same for him. Actually, scratch that, make it Theodore.

Also, they may very ell bring Philemon back because it seems like Nyarlathiotep is returning. if you look at Shadow Aegis intro for P4AU, you can see a black butterfly. And all that stuff in P4A about the Malevolent Entity looking for "the One True Vessel", it messing with the characters, posing as Shadow Selves, taking control of people, manipulating what they hear, turning them against each other, it all screams Crawling Chaos

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Does anyone else feel like Marie will be apart of the Velvet Room for P5? She's really well liked, and Lee can see her replacing the siblings....unless they add another, than that makes 4 Velvet Room siblings...

Does anyone else feel like Marie will be apart of the Velvet Room for P5? She's really well liked, and Lee can see her replacing the siblings....unless they add another, than that makes 4 Velvet Room siblings...

Atlus seems to be pushing her quite a lot so I wouldn't be surprised if she returned in the Velvet Room for P5 at all. As for being well liked, I wouldn't be quick to say that. Marie has a LOT of controversy surrounding her and all her recent appearances plus attention such as being the main focus of the Golden anime seem to be adding on to the fire, but personally I have no problem with her at all. The way I see it is that Margaret may take over for Igor, Marie takes Margaret's old role, and Theo or a new character takes over for Marie's old role. Elizabeth is pretty much busy as far as we know and may still be too busy by Persona 5. If not, maybe they'll use her instead of Marie since she seems to be busy in Inaba.

Edited by Deadpool

Oh my... Just to think that Persona 5 AND Kingdom Hearts III might both be at Tokyo Game Show...

Posted Image

When I realized that the other day I was so giddy with excitement I almost died. Even if we only get the slightest, teeniest info on both, the hype will be a wild and amazing ride.