Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Zachy1993

A Good Life, Good Enough - (1x1 with Silver Kuroi)

"Remember how you had us all fooled with that apple cider? Making us think it was champagne?" Gordon muses as I down another glass of gin...my fourth.

"Made up for lost time I guess." I hear him mutter.

"Spoken to Dick lately?" Gordon asks, I give him the obvious answer of: "Not in years you know that..." 

"Damn shame...with what happened to Jason and all." He says.

I stand up, reach over to shake his hand, "Lets call it a night, Jim." 

I am Bruce Wayne...JUST Bruce Wayne now, and as we part ways Jim squeezes my shoulder and chuckles to me "You just need a woman." 

While in my gut the creature snarls and writhes and tells me what i need.

I'm learning to hate, this city has given up, like the whole WORLD seems to have. I'll feel better in the morning I always tell myself that. Its the night, when the city's smells call out to him, though I lie between silk sheets in a million dollar mansion miles away.

When a police siren wakes me and for a moment in the night, I forget its all over.

But if it was revenge Batman was after, he's taken it..forty years since he was born.

Born here...I realize I've wandered back to the place where it all happened....he's taken me to Crime Alley again.

I am Bruce Wayne, JUST Bruce Wayne....a man ten years dead.

Edited by Zachy1993

It was the wrong Corridor. Sora, Riku, and Axel (now turned Lea) had attempted to use the Betwixt and Between to gain access to one of the lesser worlds, but somehow it went wrong. They didn't appear in the Pride Lands, where a massive Heartless was said to appear. They appeared in a smelly, wet city that reeked of grime and corruption. It was like the World That Never Was, but inhabited by normal humans.

"Eh? Where the heck are we?" Lea asked, glancing around the lonely alleyway. It was dark, and the only light offered was the glow of Sora's Kingdom Key and the soft glow of Lea's green eyes.

"I don't know, Axel, it's your fault for getting us here." Riku replied.

"Ey! I got it all memorized. I'm thinkin' we're here for a reason. I know how to use the portals.." Lea snapped, "And it's Lea. L-E-A. Get it memorized."

"Yeah." Riku murmured.

"Awe come on guys! This looks like fun!" Sora exclaimed, "A new world! Who knows who we'll meet! Maybe this is Cloud's world! He did say he lived in a big city! Maybe this is Midgar!"

Not too far from where Sora, Lea, and Riku were walking, there was a small commotion between two mutant gang members holding knives and Bruce Wayne of all people.

"Come on Billy! Slice and dice! We got a quota to fill!"

"I don't know man! He's into it! Can't do murders when they're into it!" 

"Jeez, blow this...lets go to the arcade!" 

The two spiked mohawk knife wielding teens left Bruce sweating and clutching himself sitting at the base of a lamppost. 

Murmuring to himself... "His children...not him. These are a purer breed, he flinched when he pulled the trigger....he was sick and guilty..over what he did.. I was naive and young enough to think him...the lowest sort of man...but these..." A flood of memories hit Bruce then, of...chasing a rabbit in the Wayne Mansion's garden...and falling into what seemed to be an endless pit.

Something sucked in the stale air and hissed at young Bruce. 

Something glided with ancient grace, something that had been there for centuries and claimed him as his own even then.

He heard his father's voice then.....a sort of phrase he used to cheer Bruce up now and then.

"Bruce....why do we fall."

He stood up from the grimey street under the lamppost then, his eyes had a fire in them as he turned to see three youths...not mutants...but dressed just as strange....they clearly weren't from here and were looking around as if they were lost.

"So we can learn...to pick ourselves up." He murmured to himself.

"That was strange.." Lea murmured, watching the older man, "And he doesn't look so good either."

The man looked injured from what those two delinquents had done. How they hard overwhelmed a man of that size though, was a good question. The trio guessed it was a surprise attack--one even a man like that couldn't predict.

"We have to help him!" Sora exclaimed rushing forward as Riku held his hand out.

"Sora, wait!"

Of course, Sora wasn't one to listen to Riku's warnings. Lea sighed and raced after him as Sora skid to a halt before the man. He raised his oversized key into the air, a smile on his face as he cried, "Cure!"

Just like that, any wounds Bruce had suffered were gone. A gentle, green magic wafted over him that was followed by the smell of a gentle forest breeze.

Bruce blinked at the brunette spikey headed youth as he raised a giant..key?....above his head and called out what sounded like the word Cure...and all of a sudden he was enveloped in green...stuff. 

Bruce coughed and waved his hand airily, "Um...thanks whatever you did. But they didn't hurt me....wait....you kids are DEFINITELY not from around here. Sigh," Bruce massaged his forehead, "I doubt you even know what you just did is illegal in a warped sort of way." 

As Riku and Lea came over, Bruce sighed again. "Judging by your hairstyles and clothes....you kids are trying to be superheros aren't you? I hate to tell you three but that ship has sailed......why do you think we-I-I mean THEY are all retired except a certain government lap dog known as Superman?" Bruce had partaken of a bit to drink...otherwise he wouldn't be so loose lipped with these wackily dressed kids he just met.

Looking them over again, and the looks he was getting..Bruce sighed and waved for them to follow him. "Sigh....what the hell.....Gordon says I need someone to prattle on about the glory days with....follow me. The limo is this way." Bruce walked down the sidewalk, waving them to follow him.

"You kids have any where to stay? You looked lost."

Edited by Zachy1993

Superheros? What? The boys looked at each other; each one just as confused as the other two. This was their normal clothes. Out of all of them, at least, Sora was definitely the strangest in terms of style, although none of them really thought that. And it seemed that this certainly wasn't any world the three had ever been to...

"This sure as hell isn't Midgar." Lea sighed, waving a hand, "And a Limo? What is that?"

Riku shrugged, but began to walk ahead of the other two, "I don't know, but it sounds interesting. Are you two going to come, or just stand there looking confused and constipated?"

Sora began to flail his arms at that, "H-hey! Riku, I don't look constipated! I don't even know what that means!"

Riku rolled his eyes as the other two groaned and caught up with him. Sora couldn't help but ogle the man. He was a giant, at least compared to him (Lea though seemed pretty comparable in size), and certainly looked like the sort of man who could easily knock down a martial arts master without so much as breaking a sweat.

"So...uh...what's your name?" Sora asked, doing his signature hands-behind-his-head stance as he walked, "I'm Sora! The red-head is Lea, and my friend there is Riku!"

Bruce couldn't help but smile, the first time he'd done so in quite some time, but there was something about these kids...something different.

"I'm Bruce Wayne, good to meet you all. And as for what a Limo is...you're joking right?" Bruce pointed towards a long seemingly stretched out black car parked in the shade of a car lot. "You kids aren't from around here are you? If I didn't know better I'd say you were from another planet or something..of course we haven't had anything like that happen in a long time." Bruce told them with a bit of a smirk.

The front driver's window rolled down to reveal a very thin old man with a bald head peeking out wearing a chauffeur's uniform and hat. "Master Bruce, taking in children off the streets now? Need I remind you of the Mutant Gang?" he said with just the hint of sarcasm.

Bruce rolled his eyes and opened the back door of the limo, revealing how spacious and luxurious it was inside. "They aren't mutant gang members, Alfred. Look at how they're dressed, and they helped me out instead of stabbing me..which is more than anyone can say about most of the youth in Gotham these days." 

Bruce got inside the spacious limo and left the door open for the three kids to get inside, "Last one in shut the door." 

He switched on a Television that was hooked into one of the seats, which portrayed a trussed up newswoman talking about a gang called The Mutants leveling threats against a Police Commissioner named Gordon. 

A dark video was shown with an enormously muscular pale man with a mohawk and shades. "We WILL KILL the old man Gordon, we will drag his body through the streets, don't call us a GANG don't call us CRIMINALS, we ARE Gotham. We ARE THE law! Gotham BELONGS To US!" The newswoman was shown back on telling them that the Police Commissioner Gordon had 'this' to say. An elderly man with white hair and a mustache was shown talking confidently as the kids got in. "I'm about to retire, and if the Mutants want to take me on...I'm delighted." 

Bruce's teeth gritting was palpable, as were his fingernails digging into the leather, when the Mutant Leader showed his ugly face.

"Ugly one isn't he?" Lea murmured at the sight of the enormous man who was the self-proclaimed leader of the 'Mutant Gang'. To Sora, that sounded extremely strange. Mutant gang? They sounded like a bunch of punks. Seeing their leader only served to confirm that.

"Looks like you have a bit of trouble in this town." Riku said, commenting on what had just played. His blue eyes shown a bit bright as he glanced at Bruce, "The three of us might be able to help you with that."

Sora grinned, "Yeah! I would love to! I don't want any world to suffer from the Darkness!"

"Gotta think...lotta Heartless must be in this town, with how crummy it is." Lea murmured, watching the buildings go by as the limo went on. Certainly this town must have been plagued with the living shadows. It was clear this town was the home for all sorts of darkness...and it was places like these that Heartless bred in the millions.

Bruce nodded, "Its more than just a bit of trouble. These kids calling themselves the Mutants...are different than most criminals. They aren't just petty thieves or crooks. They're after random violence and murder. People are turning a blind eye, they're scared and hiding. Ever since the Batman....stopped showing up to take care of things." 

Bruce turned the channel of the television only to hear another news reporter say: "Husband and wife found MURDERED in their sleep this morning." 

*CLICK* 

"MURDER rates in the subways have reached an all time high!" 

*CLICK* 

"KIDNAPPING and MURDERING young children, a line even the Mutants haven't crossed..until now. Despite the family paying the ransom, the mutants still took the boy's life." 

"This marks a chilling escalation, that marks what many are calling the WORST Criminals Gotham has seen since..The Joker." 

*CLICK*

"ASSAULT and MUTILATION" 

*CLICK*

"The TERROR that young boy must've felt..."

The next CLICK of the remote, seemingly transported everyone in the limo to an entirely different area...a black and white, cleaner version of the alleyway they had just been in. 

Outside of a theater which said it was playing a film called The Mark of Zorro. 

Bruce looked up at the theater and then saw a young boy accompanied by two adults, one a woman wearing a pearl necklace, the boy was scampering around pretending to fight off villains with an imaginary sword.

His eyes widened. "No....not here." 

But the figures were ghosts of the past, and couldn't be interacted with....as they went down an alley....somewhat swollen with puddles of rain. 

Bruce followed the figures at a quicker pace than one would think of a man his age, and stopped short behind them as a figure approached the boy and his parents, holding a gun. 

Older Bruce's cry mixed with the gunshot...as his mother's pearls scattered to the ground...directly after his father had already fallen. 

Young Bruce fell to his knees before his dead parents...as their blood mixed with the rainwater.

Edited by Zachy1993

"What?" Riku murmured, glancing around. The three of them were bombarded with a memory. Something that seemed far off to Bruce, but likely still affected him. Even to this day. Lea was even at a loss for words for what had happened so early on in Bruce's life. Murder of his own parents.

"Oh.." Sora murmured, looking around. But just as suddenly as the memory came--it vanished. They were back in the car. Bruce had wide, glazed eyes, showing that he was still suffering from the horrid event. Riku growled and quickly shut off the mini-television. It had started this, and Riku wanted no more.

They soon realized that the car had stopped in front of a huge mansion. Bruce opened the door and got out without a word, it was raining and lightning cracked the sky. Alfred called after him to put on a raincoat...but he didn't seem to hear him. He walked up to the front door and unlocked the door, dripping wet as he entered the manor.

Alfred turned to the three boys, "Oh dear....I haven't seen that look in his eye in a long time...since Batman stopped striking fear into the hearts of Gotham's underworld.....I know where he's going, follow me and we can head him off." Alfred moved quicker than the three boys thought possible as he showed them to a secret staircase revealed by pulling down on the mouth of a statue in the wall. 

On the way, Alfred explained to them how after Bruce's parents were murdered before his eyes, he dedicated himself to becoming a full fledged genius, both physically and mentally he trained himself to wage a one man war on Gotham's criminal underworld. Working with the Police Commissioner James Gordon and using various tools to get the job done.

They found him getting suited up in the blue version of the Batsuit, the white slits for eyes staring into their souls as they entered into his domain. 

He sighed, "I suppose you all think I'm crazy for wanting to come out of retirement and go back to being Batman at my age. Well...you're probably right, but that doesn't mean I'm going to retreat into a quiet life of sipping drinks in the rose garden til I finally fade away. This city needs me, its people need to be reminded how to hope again....how to fight for what's theirs. And if that means I have to kick a few punk kids teeth in to show them that, then so be it." 

Alfred spoke up then, "You may want to start off with something a little less....life threatening and huge first? I forgot to let you know that Harvey Dent has disappeared, and is believed to have become Two-Face again, master Bruce. The implications of your being the one who funded his rehabilitation, and now he's turned back to crime....could be disasterous."

"Batman?" Lea asked him, stifling a chuckle. That was the stupidest hero name he had ever heard. It was so boring and cheap. Of course, he came from a world where the villains had such names as Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, and Organization XIII. Batman, to him, sounded like the worst name for a superhero. In an effort to remain polite, Lea merely didn't say anything after that. Bruce looked like the kind of man who could easily flip Lea onto his knee and snap the poor red-head's back.

"You're going to have to realize we aren't from here." Riku said, sighing a bit, "We don't know anything about this town, much less the criminals that run rampant here, or the fact you are some retired superhero-genius-millionare guy with a mansion nearly the size of Radiant Garden's castle. We would love to help you, but first we're going to know what exactly is going on, in order for us to be of any use. Because unlike Sora here, I don't like running into dangerous situations."

"Oh yeah? What about when I had fallen asleep, and you had to go inside my heart to save me? Wasn't that running into a dangerous situation?" Sora asked him, pointing a thin finger at Riku.

"No, because Yen Sid told me what I had to do. So I was already well enough prepared for it."

These three were very strange. The happy-go-luck boy, Sora; the stern, serious boy, Riku; then the tall red-head with a bit of a cocky attitude, Lea. They weren't from Gotham. Certainly not Metropolis. And they were too human to be from another planet. Just who were these three? And what were the talking about? Hearts? Organization XIII?

"Of course..I suppose I should start, and then you're to tell me what all this stuff you've been blabbing about Hearts and junk means..deal?" Batman said sternly.

"I left Gotham after my parents were murdered, at the age of eighteen, leaving my estate to Alfred. I sought out training around the world from different masters. The most influential I'm ashamed to say, was a man named Ra's al Ghul, which is Arabic for The Head of the Demon. He taught me that as a man I can be brought down, I can be destroyed or locked up...but as a symbol I can live forever in people's hearts, in their minds, in their memories. I just had to find the right one." 

"Then I remembered something from childhood...falling down into a pit in the family garden...and seeing this gigantic bat coming after me..that seemed to be apart of the darkness itself...gliding with ancient grace of the kind that only a predator of the night can have." Batman's eyes turned to thin slits at the memory. "Then I knew that the fear I felt in that moment, I had to bring somehow to the scum of Gotham's streets. You'd be amazed how many grown men have thought I was some kind of demon or monster from the lowest pits of hell coming after their souls at night when they were snatching someone's purse or had just got done robbing a bank." 

"But since I've retired..all that has been undone, these teenagers blindly following their leader and killing random innocents....it has to stop. But first it seems that an old enemy has resurfaced, funnily enough he used to be a friend....his name was Harvey Dent...he was a man who fought tooth and nail to put scum like these away until his alternate persona took over his mind and drove him to be obsessed with duality...he uses a dual headed coin, one side scratched to decide whether his victims die or live...whether he commits a crime or not..that sort of thing...after half his face was scarred with acid in a Gotham courtroom. Recently I have funded surgery to make him look normal again, but it seems that wasn't enough, and he's gone missing." Batman explained.

Batman walked over to a massive computer monitor and pressed a button on the large keypad. The screen lit up and showed several criminal's pictures and mugshots beside their names, one showed a man with pale white skin, green hair and ruby red lips and cold eyes. The Joker.

Another showed a man wearing a green suit covered in question marks, and a bowler hat with a question mark as well, this one was called The Riddler. 

Bruce enlarged one of a man with half his face horribly disfigured, the name showed: Two-Face/Harvey Dent.

Edited by Zachy1993

Lea couldn't help but think that this was one messed up town. Murders were the norm. Several big-time criminals practically ran the town. And the only thing that actually worked against them was a single, middle-aged man with a lot of money and intelligence to spare.

"Man...this town sure is a hell hole." Lea murmured, to which Riku could only nod. Sora though, seemed fairly quiet, which was unusual.

Of course, when Sora did speak up, it was about as inspirational as he could get, "Well there's no reason to give up! Sure they're frightening, but I've fought worse! With my friends, we'll conquer anything that gets in our way! We promised that we would help, didn't we?" He asked, suddenly turning to his friends, "So we're going to help! No buts about it!"

Riku nodded, "As much as I hate to agree with Sora's speech, he's right. We did promise to do something about it. So, Bruce, we hope you'll let us. You've got some nasty people in this city, but nothing we haven't dealt with before."

"Yeah. It's something to get memorized...we're not the types to give up easily. And to us, a promise is something you never break." Axel added.

Bruce didn't know what to say, but he simply nodded. "Thank you...it really...means a lot to know I'm not alone in this. Just know that I retired not out of choice, but was forced to by the governing body of this country. You think I'm the only one like this?" Bruce pushed a button on the computer, and up came a colorful group photo of Batman and other heroes. 

Bruce pointed them out one by one. "There was Barry Allen, AKA The Flash...who could run so fast that he could bridge other dimensions if he wished...I remember one time he ran clear across the globe and came back to the same spot just to pull a prank on someone in another country. There was Hal Jordan of the Green Lantern Corp. He used a power ring that allowed him to form constructs of green light...basically if his will was strong enough he could imagine anything into existence with the ring. Then there was Wonder Woman AKA Diana of Themyscira...an Amazon. A warrior princess, though you couldn't tell by watching her fight. Then there was him....the big blue boy scout..Clark Kent...AKA Superman. who's the only one still active...though he's just a call boy for the President now.....that's like sort of...the ruler of the country who decides all the political stuff and all here. His powers were things like super strength, shooting lasers from his eyes, all sorts of powers such as flight....gained from this planet's sun...due to him being an alien from another planet that has long since been destroyed."

"We were the Justice League...and we didn't just defend our own hometowns...we were the entire planet's last and greatest defenders...until the support groups and the childrens advocates and others raised an outcry that we were all a bad influence on their children, and that we were too dangerous to be kept unchecked. They seemed to point to me the most....funny. So now you're all caught up...on your history." Bruce smirked.

"This place is stupid." Lea said, "Your only defenders, stoppin' yah from harm, and you say they're the bad guys? What the heck is up with this place? Plus all the crime and bad guys...jesus, this is worse than Traverse Town, where every moment of the day you're afraid of Heartless."

Lea seemed to be the general loudmouth--the guy who spoke his mind often, but still kept himself rather reserved. He was the cool one, the one who was a bit more mature yet still kind.

"Sounds about right.." Riku murmured, shaking his head, "Well, no one knows about us. To them, we might just be a trio of oddly-dressed teens. They won't think we're heroes...just stupid kids wanting to stop the unstoppable...at least, so they think."

Sora, at that moment, raised his key-shaped sword, "We use the Keyblade! The only weapon that combats darkness! Nothing can stand in our way! So as long as we have a strong heart, friends to match, and an unbreakable will, we can do anything!"

"Yeah." Lea nodded, "You're right about that."

"Before we do anything, we're going to see an old friend of mine." 

Later, they arrived in the night at the rainsoaked rooftop of Gotham P.D.'s headquarters. Gordon sometimes came up here to smoke, near the Bat-signal...gave him a sense of nostalgia.

However, he was surprised that tonight Bruce actually DID show up...and as Batman.

His cigar fell out of his mouth awkwardly, "What the hell?" 

"Gordon, anything new on Dent?" Batman came into view, along with three...kids.

Gordon blinked at the kids but decided to ask about them later, "We booked someone who belonged to Dent's gang...but he lawyered up so we can't interrogate him yet. Of course...he had Dent's coin on him, both sides were scratched....oddly enough." 

"He's scratched both sides of the coin.....the compulsion...must've been impossible to resist." Batman murmured. 

Gordon looked at Bats curiously, "Why? What'd he do to himself? You don't think he's harming himself do you?" 

"I wouldn't doubt it." Batman walked past Gordon, directly towards the rooftop entrance. "You the only one on duty tonight? Like usual? I suppose he's in his cell?" 

Gordon pulled his jacket closer around him, "Yeah....he is...."

Batman's eyes narrowed behind his cowl, "Good....cut the lights when you go in, and make sure you open his cell door after that."

"Are you sure you wanna do this? I mean....aren't you retired?"

Batman motioned for Gordon to follow him, which he did with a sigh.

"Correction: I WAS retired."

The three glanced at each other. They stayed out of the exchange between the two men, as they certainly didn't have anything worthwhile to say. They followed behind Bruce and the man named 'Gordon', all the while wondering what was going on. Two Face? Hurting himself? Someone in a cell? What was happening...?

Riku grunted a bit, not pleased with the new bout of confusion. They'd be sure to get some answers out of Bruce soon.

Gordon cut the lights off, and the group stayed in hiding as he opened the cell...turning on dimmed lights to lead him to the rooftop exit...right where Batman wanted him.

He was a pudgy man with a scar running down the side of his face, and prison tattoos. 

As he got to the rooftop, Batman attacked from behind, delivering a blow to the back of his leg, which brought him down and allowed Batman to grab him by the throat and dangle him at the edge of the building.

"W-what the fu-" The man cried out.

"Where's Dent?" Batman glared at the man, tightening his grip slightly.

The man's eyes got wide, but he stammered...giving it all away. "I-I don't know who that is! Never met the guy!" 

He only received a sharp punch in the gut for lying. "You were apprehended today with Harvey Dent, AKA Two-Face's double headed coin in your possession. Playing dumb is NOT an option here, punk." 

Lea swallowed. This wasn't right. What kind of interrogation is this? He didn't know if the man deserved this kind of punishment or not, but watching him get beaten did not sit well with him. He growled as Sora started to walk forward.

"Stay back, Sora." Riku hissed, grabbing the younger boy's shoulder.

"This isn't right." Sora murmured, "I don't care if Bruce is a good guy or not...but....this isn't right!" The last part was a shout and he burst into the cell, Keyblade at ready, "Stop! There's no reason to hurt anyone for any reason!"

"There he goes again." Lea shook his head, "Going off and bein' an idiot. When's he gonna learn?"

"That's Sora for you; just acts before he can think.."

"O-okay okay! Two-Face...he's planning on holding Gotham's twin tower's for ransom at 2am tonight! If he doesn't get his twenty-two million dollars..he's gonna blow the twin towers up! B-but...he told us the bombs were fake...so....so nobody would get hurt. He's got two army helicopters for the job!" The man grunted as Batman's eyes narrowed at Sora's interference, thankfully he got what he needed and released the man, who fell to the floor, a veritable mess.

Batman turned to Gordon and the others, "I doubt its that simple...it rarely is."

Sora scowled. That was uncalled for. There were so many ways they could have interrogated the man...but nearly killing him wasn't the way to go. Sora shook his head, less than pleased that Bruce was going to such extreme measures--when he seemed like a fairly level-headed man.

"It's alright, Sora." Riku murmured, "He knows what he's doing."

"So?" Sora asked, "That was still not something I want to see happen! Nobody deserves to be beaten like that."

Lea smirked, "Oh? Really? I remember that you yourself beat me up quite nicely before..."

"That was different!"

Gordon got a packet of chewing gum from his pocket and popped some into his mouth. "Gotham's always been this way....its only gotten worse since the Justice League disbanded. Kid, you may not agree with his methods...but you can't say he doesn't get results....I thought the same way about him once...that what he was doing was uncalled for...then a mobster kidnapped my infant son and threw him off the bridge....and there Batman was....diving off to catch him. The kind of scum we deal with here in Gotham, we can't afford to be soft on them....I assure you Bruce has a strict policy against taking lives...but he damn sure will make you wish you were dead in the meantime."

Back at the Batcave, Bruce gave them all a rundown on who they were dealing with..who Two-Face or Harvey Dent was. 

He held up a rifle armed with two grapple lines with spears at the end, he also gave them each gas capsules armed with Scarecrows Fear Gas.

"I used to go against this guy calling himself Scarecrow, his real name was Jonathan Crane. He used this stuff right here to make people hallucinate that their worst nightmares were coming to life...be it fear of heights or the worst demons imaginable....you name it....it'll become real for one hour thanks to me extending it with this version you hold in your hands...I suggest you put in the noseplugs now. We'll be leaving soon." 

The three of them set the canisters down.

"We don't need it." Riku said, crossing his arms, "We have our own abilities. Our own techniques and weapons. We can handle ourselves....we don't need materials scavenged off of psychotic criminals."

To that, Riku received nods from his fellow companions. They had their own powers. Time-Stopping magics like Stop and Slow; Gravity magics like Gravity and Zero Gravity; of course, the elemental magics as well: Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, and Aero.

"We have each other," Sora exclaimed proudly, "As long as us three are together, we can do anything!"

Lea snorted and shrugged, "I guess."

Batman nodded, "Put the nose plugs in at least then, if you're gonna be all high and mighty." Bruce slung the rifle across his back and set out for the Gotham Twin Towers.

One helicopter had landed, the other had just fired a missile at one of the towers. A group of men were gathered outside of the chopper, guarding it, when Batman peered over the guard rail and tossed the canister of fear gas into their midst...it exploded with a hiss and unleashed a grayish smoke. 

"Shit! I can't see anything! Ack!" A man cried out before a Batarang lodged itself into his hand and he was knocked unconscious by a powerful blow to the back of the head. 

Gunshots and panicked yells penetrated the night air.