Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

First, let me clarify that I consider the beginning of the KH games to be everything before the point when you can freely travel between worlds.

Some of my thoughts:

Opening/Cutscenes 

For the "Summary Music Video" I honestly would love a 6min+ song with lyrics and a video highlighting moments from every KH game except KH3. Then, after you beat the game you unlock a longer version including highlights of KH3. Of course it would be hard to make a good song that long but it's possible. xD

For Cutscenes, I wouldn't mind some long ones in the beginning as long as they're spaced out and there is at least twice as much gameplay for every cutscene.

Tutorials/Easy part

Most people(including myself) would like Kairi and Lea to be playable for when we are being taught the controls. I think a flashback sequence where we play as young Eraqus and Xehanort would be good to go along with that teaser shown earlier. Even before all that we could possibly be set into the shoes of an entirely new original character(maybe an acquaintance of someone in the old or new Org XIII) so that we get that same sense of wonder as we did playing as Roxas in KH2. Also, I wouldn't mind there being a big gap before we first play as Sora.

As the beginning of the game will have less battles, they should have characters speaking important dialogue while your controlling a character in order to cut down on cutscenes.

What do you guys think? Should the opening song be super short? Should we get to play as Sora right at the start? Should sea salt ice cream replace potions? Give me any of your thoughts on this.

as far as the opening video goes, i'd like it to be the length of what the others were.

now i'd like the beginning of to be almost just like kingdom hearts 1, with kairi waking up sora who's sleeping on the beach at the island. This would be a great way to introduce the rest of destiny islands as a playable world maybe being something like twilight town was in KH2. Teaching us the basic gameplay and introducing whatever's new in the combat. eventually the main plot will kick in and we will forced to leave destiny islands for a set period of time going back about half way through and then being able to go there whenever 

Like this:

Posted Image

So, it should start off with the words like "Hosted on Zerochan.net, use the Share links provided instead!"? That's the best opening to a game ever, 5 STARS!

I would have it start off with the Utada Hikaru song, the words uttered in that KHIII teaser, then FREAKING DEEP DIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE KHII, CAUSE III IS A NUMBERED TITLE, HECK YES!

Edited by spiderfreak1011

hmmmmm you raise interesting points but im not expecting too much because i know moast of it won't come true and i don't want to get my hopes up only to be dissapointed anyhow square likes to keep thair openings short so i wont excited too much. im not perticularly fond of kairi so yeah let's skip that not so much i hate her but there's no real reason to like her but lea? im all up for lea gameplay & i like the young xehanort tutorial sounds epic

I would love to see new characters playable, but at the same time, i don't feel like it would be much fun :/.

It all depends on how they do it. I loved playing as TAV in BbS but it did kind of disconnect me from the story having to go through similar things 3 times. Having it like DDD(minus Dropping) where your limited to how far you can complete with a character until you use other characters might work out better.

hmmmmm you raise interesting points but im not expecting too much because i know moast of it won't come true and i don't want to get my hopes up only to be dissapointed anyhow square likes to keep thair openings short so i wont excited too much. im not perticularly fond of kairi so yeah let's skip that not so much i hate her but there's no real reason to like her but lea? im all up for lea gameplay & i like the young xehanort tutorial sounds epic

Yeah, that's the right mindset to have. There is so much hype and ideas going around about this game that the final product won't even be half of what is imagined(though it will still be awesome xD)

A tutorial as Young Xehanort after that dialogue with Young Master Eraqus as a flashback.

No joke that is one of the coolest ideas I've read regarding Kingdom Hearts IIIJust picturing it is awesome

Letting us play as Young Xehanort is pretty exciting.:D They could even start us off with him on Destiny Islands until he leaves and meets Eraqus. It would feel like playing KH1 again.

Posted Image

"Well, here I am. Sora the King. King of all the land. Who'd have thought that. But how did I come to this, I hear you say. And who are those strange fellows who surround my throne, I also hear you say. Well, it's a long story. Come closer, and I'll tell you. It all started yesterday. And what a day that was. It's what I call... a bad fur day."

I'm getting the feeling we are going to start with a rescue mission to save someone and then it will lead with Sora. Hoping Kairi as a playable character the way they promoted her in Dream Drop Distance. 

Well... Tai Yasue Did say that the KHIII Pre-E3 2014 trailer was going to be one of the first things you come across when playing the game. He said It's the starting point of the game and will linger throughout.

As for the opening sequence, I hope they do recap the entire series, but also move on from it. The opening for DDD pretty much covered everything in that sense, so if they could do something similar to that opening along with adding things from KH3, I feel like it'd be a pretty solid opener.

Prolouge/Tutorial: I'm rooting for the whole Young Xehanort/Eraqus feel, but having Kairi playable wouldn't be terrible either.

I definitely think that the first 10 minutes of the game is going to be a glimpse into the past showing Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus in The Land of Departure. Kind of like in DDD, when they first showed a flashback of Braig losing his heart. Immediately after the Xehanort/ Eraqus flashback is finished, they'll take us back to the current Destiny Islands, where we'll see Sora picking Eraqus' Keyblade off of the beach. (like in the teaser trailer) He'll probably ask Riku where it came from- and Riku will suggest that they go find Master Yen Sid and ask him about it. Once at the Tower, they'll show Yen Sid the Keyblade, and he'll get a really solemn look on his face and say, "It seems it is time for your next journey to begin......"  :D

I definitely think that the first 10 minutes of the game is going to be a glimpse into the past showing Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus in The Land of Departure. Kind of like in DDD, when they first showed a flashback of Braig losing his heart. Immediately after the Xehanort/ Eraqus flashback is finished, they'll take us back to the current Destiny Islands, where we'll see Sora picking Eraqus' Keyblade off of the beach. (like in the teaser trailer) He'll probably ask Riku where it came from- and Riku will suggest that they go find Master Yen Sid and ask him about it. Once at the Tower, they'll show Yen Sid the Keyblade, and he'll get a really solemn look on his face and say, "It seems it is time for your next journey to begin......"  :D

Sorry but the most here said that Nomura has confirmed that the eraqus keyblade scene won't be in in KH3.

Sorry but the most here said that Nomura has confirmed that the eraqus keyblade scene won't be in in KH3.

What?? Really? What a wasted opportunity..... :(

I think that whatever the opening cutscene is, it needs to tell us three things; who xehanort is, why does he need to be defeated and what he's done. It should make you want to skip straight to the part where you get to bash xehanort's face in with your keyblade.

The tutorial/easy part should be spent teaching us mechanics of course, as well as telling us what the plan is (who's doing what and/or saving who) though it doesn't necessarily have to be how the story actually plays out. This part should be played out as kairi with all of this information being shared in bits and pieces during conversations between kairi, Yen Sid and anyone else who is still with them by then (as in we could hear what characters are doing after they've already left to do it)

Edited by darkerturbo

I think that whatever the opening cutscene is, it needs to tell us three things; who xehanort is, why does he need to be defeated and what he's done. It should make you want to skip straight to the part where you get to bash xehanort's face in with your keyblade.

Well I think we already know why he needs to be defeated, and what he's done, by regarding who he is, we only know half of that. We know that he grew up on Destiny Islands, but that's  about it. How'd he get off the island? Did he have any friends? How did he find the Land of Departure? At what age did he learn to weild the Keyblade? Who was his Master? Was it Yen Sid? I really hope they explain his origins further. :P

Well I think we already know why he needs to be defeated, and what he's done, by regarding who he is, we only know half of that. We know that he grew up on Destiny Islands, but that's  about it. How'd he get off the island? Did he have any friends? How did he find the Land of Departure? At what age did he learn to weild the Keyblade? Who was his Master? Was it Yen Sid? I really hope they explain his origins further. :P

I know we know why he needs to be defeated and what he's done, I more so meant we need to feel once again the anger and despair we felt that was caused by Xehanort. Just a way of reminding you why you hate him so much.

Those questions you bring up are really good and I'd like to know the answers myself, though I feel like that's a bit much to cover in a 2-3 minute intro.