Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
neosporify

Do you think HD collections are just a way to essentially sell the same game twice?

There are a lot of collections that add stuff like WW HD. Then again there are a lot that take away stuff like Silent Hill HD.

Sadly I used to torrent back when I was younger because I was upset when the final mixes got released only in Japan.

I don't blame you...

There are a lot of collections that add stuff like WW HD. Then again there are a lot that take away stuff like Silent Hill HD.I don't blame you...

those where dark days I tell you, eventually my ps2 broke and I couldn't do it anymore. It was fun while it lasted but I don't have no plans to do it again.

those where dark days I tell you, eventually my ps2 broke and I couldn't do it anymore. It was fun while it lasted but I don't have no plans to do it again.

Does the PS2 have a region lock? If it didn't I could have played FM years ago xD.

Does the PS2 have a region lock? If it didn't I could have played FM years ago xD.

sadly it does! You either had to hack your system or get swap magic which allows you to play other region games.

sadly it does! You either had to hack your system or get swap magic which allows you to play other region games.

Oh, I thought so. I didn't play FM until recently on an emulator because I didn't want to pay a ton of money just to play a slightly better version of KH2.

Oh, I thought so. I didn't play FM until recently on an emulator because I didn't want to pay a ton of money just to play a slightly better version of KH2.

well of your passionate towards KH like I am, you would do almost anything to get your hands on the final mix lol xD

Couldn't of just waited for 2.5? Hmm....

I have used emulation for KH2 before. I own a copy of the game legally for my PS2, so I don't see what's wrong with it. Buying the game gives me software rights, so I should be able to play it on whatever system I desire.

I have used emulation for KH2 before. I own a copy of the game legally for my PS2, so I don't see what's wrong with it. Buying the game gives me software rights, so I should be able to play it on whatever system I desire.

It is illegal downloading it, but I do the same. If I already own the game or if it was just never released overseas I will emulate it.

It is illegal downloading it, but I do the same. If I already own the game or if it was just never released overseas I will emulate it.

That is true. I pirate things like tv shows just because we can't legally watch them at time of release (don't have Netflix available in New Zealand, or anything like that). And I listen to albums before buying them, and download games before buying them on PC for full price (just to see if they work properly... it's annoying buying a game which doesn't even work on your system).Also, 1000th post :P

Edited by atheist123

Yeah. But at least with KH 2.5, we get the FM versions out of Japan,  so we technically get more than just the same game, we get new extra content. So i think it makes up for it being re-sold.

That is true. I pirate things like tv shows just because we can't legally watch them at time of release (don't have Netflix available in New Zealand, or anything like that). And I listen to albums before buying them, and download games before buying them on PC for full price (just to see if they work properly... it's annoying buying a game which doesn't even work on your system).Also, 1000th post :P

Yeah, if your PC isn't really good, the stock tech specs they give you can be deceiving....

MOSTLY, yes. Obviously from a business standpoint. But if you love the game/game series enough it doesn't have to feel like that. Sure except for kingdom hearts it's basically just an HD upgrade but for me it just looks so good in HD!

Yeah, if your PC isn't really good, the stock tech specs they give you can be deceiving....

I recently did that with Watch Dogs... it ran alright half the time, but dropped to single digits occasionally. Glad I cancelled my preorder before the game released.

Bad optimization happens to many games, and even if you have an amazing computer poor ports can still ruin a game experience.

I recently did that with Watch Dogs... it ran alright half the time, but dropped to single digits occasionally. Glad I cancelled my preorder before the game released.

Bad optimization happens to many games, and even if you have an amazing computer poor ports can still ruin a game experience.

I really want Dead Rising 3 but I heard it was ported terribly to PC, so I'm kind of iffy about it.

They might be, but they're very effective if they are. If I like a game, I'll get the HD remaster to see the new changes, and just to have a backup in case something happens to my discs/cartridges (I'm personally against emulation). They're also great ways to introduce old games to new audiences. If it wasn't for the HD collection, I might have never gotten into Ratchet and Clank when I did.

It really depends on what it brings some hardcore fans like have it in HD and bring some extra content in the. And even so they usually cost less so its worth it

I think that they sell these games because Kingdom Hearts III Is coming and they want to give the game to people who maybe didn't play them and to those who have played them to give them a better HD experience and to kind of top up their knowledge on the KH Lore till that point.

Well games like GTAV and TLOU yes... But fans pressured them so they went on and did it. Old games like Sly,Jak,Ratchet and GoW deserve the HD Remake. Introduce younger players to extordinary games we played back then, and enjoy those games for like the 100th time.