Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

This is a little something for the shonen fans out there. Fans of the other genres can join in too, though. (If that's possible. I mean, I don't know too many battle manga or anime in the shojo genre except Sailor Moon. xD)

Now, we all have our favorite characters from our favorite anime or manga, and I think all of us can agree that we've thought of two different characters from two different properties duking it out to see who's better. Let's be honest, cross-overs are awesome. :P

That being said: if you were to pick two of your favorite characters to have an old-fashioned melee, who would they be? Are there any stipulations to the fight? And what exactly is the relationship between these characters that entices you to see them fight?

I have my own battles, of course, so here they are:

Might Gai (Naruto) VS Alex Louis Armstrong (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Both Gai and Armstrong are known to be incredibly enthusiastic and eccrentric men, and can be prone to look silly or even flat out ridiculous at times. However, don't let that fool you, these guys are BEASTS.

Gai is the best taijutsu user (which in Naruto is basic hand to hand combat) in the entire world, pretty much, and he has been known to trade blows with the strongest ninja using the power of the Eight Gates, a special power that allows him to increase his speed and power through unlocking specific gates in his chakra network, and through that has mastered powerful taijutsu attacks that will WRECK YOUR SHIT.

Armstrong is no slouch either. He's the best built of all the Alchemists in the Ametrisan State Army and easily the strongest in both durability and raw power. With the aid of two metal gauntlets strapped to his fists (both marked with transmutation circles), Armstrong transmutes objects mainly by punching them, and when he punches, you will FEEL IT.

Stipulations: Gai can only fight hand to hand, no weapons or ninjutsu; Armstrong's moveset is purely his Alchemy so he's fine.

The winner: I'll have to give it to Might Gai. The Eight Gates may have it side effects on the body, but if Might Gai uses enough power, he can one-shot Armstrong in a millsecond. Before he does though, I'm sure these two would have a sure-fire slugfest with each other before Gai uses it as a last resort.

Ryuko Matoi (Kill La Kill) VS Casshern (Casshern Sins)

Ryuko and Matoi are both experiments gone wrong. They were separated/abandoned by their creator; one searches for their place in life while one struggles to accept the place that they have. But through all that, they both still kick major ass.

Ryuko is the protagonist of Kill La Kill, wielding the powerful Scissors Blade, a half-scissors blade that is able to cut Life Fibers, which are otherwise indestructible. and the battle outfit Senkentsu, which when activated increases her power immensely. 

Casshern is the protagonist of Casshern Sins, a dark gritty reboot of the classic lighthearted series Casshan, an anime that inspired the creation of Mega Man. He's a cybernetic warrior, a former assassin, and a killing machine; his speed is his biggest strength, able to zip in and out of sight faster than the eye can see, while delivering powerful and impactful strikes all the same, making it incredibly hard to even touch him.

Stipulations: Ryuko can only use Senketsu and the Scissors Blade at their lowest power, and cannot use any attacks used on Life Fibers since Casshern has none. Casshern is allowed to go into his berserk mode but cannot try to disassemble Ryuko since she is not a robot.

The winner: This one, I admit, is a tie for me. Yeah. They're both really strong and almost indestructible. I honestly think they'd beat the hell out of each other until they're both knocked out. xD

Goku (DragonBall) VS Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Two protagonists of their own popular shonen series who share a number of traits: energy, friendliness, simple-mindedness, grit, determination, and the most notable: they're ability to eat massive amounts of food in one sitting.

Goku needs no real explanation. He's f*cking Goku. He's the strongest Saiyan warrior alive, mixing in his martial arts teachings under Master Roshi in the Turtle School (with attacks like the Kamehameha), the teachings of King Kai (with attacks like the Spirit Bomb), his ability to transform into a Super Saiyan, a form that is able to increase his already great power immensely, and overall, being an ace when it comes to punching faces and kicking ass.

Luffy is also one with little explanation needed: the leader of the Straw Hat Pirates, he's considering one of the most dangerous pirates alive, given his reckless nature and the power of his Devil Fruit, the Gum Gum Fruit, which has turned his entire body into rubber. This makes him insanely durable to common attacks and he is able to channel his rubberness into powerful strikes, along with the power of Second Gear, a technique that acts as a substitute for steroids essentially and increases his stats immensely. All this and more are in his ever growing amount of moves.

Stipulations: Goku must stay in base form as going Super Saiyan might be too much for Luffy to handle; Luffy himself is allow to use Second Gear as it will put him and Goku essentially on equal grounds.

The winner: As much as I feel like i'm playing favorites with this one, I'm going with my boy Son Goku. Even with Luffy's Second Gear, Goku is still able to get stronger when he's at near death thanks to his Saiyan genes. So even if Luffy beats him within an inch of his life, he'll still have enough gas to keep going. And Luffy is still human after all; he can be hurt by really powerful attacks.

Leave your own dream battles below. :D

NOTE: We're ONLY talking about anime and manga characters here. So no video game character, no comic book character, or anything of the sort. Strictly anime and manga only. If you go and do that anyway, well then, you're dumb.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

This is a little something for the shonen fans out there. Fans of the other genres can join in too, though. (If that's possible. I mean, I don't know too many battle manga or anime in the shojo genre except Sailor Moon. xD) Now, we all have our favorite characters from our favorite anime or manga, and I think all of us can agree that we've thought of two different characters from two different properties duking it out to see who's better. Let's be honest, cross-overs are awesome. :P That being said: if you were to pick two of your favorite characters to have an old-fashioned melee, who would they be? Are there any stipulations to the fight? And what exactly is the relationship between these characters that entices you to see them fight? I have my own battles, of course, so here they are: 

Might Gai (Naruto) VS Alex Louis Armstrong (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Both Gai and Armstrong are known to be incredibly enthusiastic and eccrentric men, and can be prone to look silly or even flat out ridiculous at times. However, don't let that fool you, these guys are BEASTS. Gai is the best taijutsu user (which in Naruto is basic hand to hand combat) in the entire world, pretty much, and he has been known to trade blows with the strongest ninja using the power of the Eight Gates, a special power that allows him to increase his speed and power through unlocking specific gates in his chakra network, and through that has mastered powerful taijutsu attacks that will WRECK YOUR SHIT. Armstrong is no slouch either. He's the best built of all the Alchemists in the Ametrisan State Army and easily the strongest in both durability and raw power. With the aid of two metal gauntlets strapped to his fists (both marked with transmutation circles), Armstrong transmutes objects mainly by punching them, and when he punches, you will FEEL IT. Stipulations: Gai can only fight hand to hand, no weapons or ninjutsu; Armstrong's moveset is purely his Alchemy so he's fine. The winner: I'll have to give it to Might Gai. The Eight Gates may have it side effects on the body, but if Might Gai uses enough power, he can one-shot Armstrong in a millsecond. Before he does though, I'm sure these two would have a sure-fire slugfest with each other before Gai uses it as a last resort. 

Ryuko Matoi (Kill La Kill) VS Casshern (Casshern Sins)

Ryuko and Matoi are both experiments gone wrong. They were separated/abandoned by their creator; one searches for their place in life while one struggles to accept the place that they have. But through all that, they both still kick major ass. Ryuko is the protagonist of Kill La Kill, wielding the powerful Scissors Blade, a half-scissors blade that is able to cut Life Fibers, which are otherwise indestructible. and the battle outfit Senkentsu, which when activated increases her power immensely.  Casshern is the protagonist of Casshern Sins, a dark gritty reboot of the classic lighthearted series Casshan, an anime that inspired the creation of Mega Man. He's a cybernetic warrior, a former assassin, and a killing machine; his speed is his biggest strength, able to zip in and out of sight faster than the eye can see, while delivering powerful and impactful strikes all the same, making it incredibly hard to even touch him. Stipulations: Ryuko can only use Senketsu and the Scissors Blade at their lowest power, and cannot use any attacks used on Life Fibers since Casshern has none. Casshern is allowed to go into his berserk mode but cannot try to disassemble Ryuko since she is not a robot. The winner: This one, I admit, is a tie for me. Yeah. They're both really strong and almost indestructible. I honestly think they'd beat the hell out of each other until they're both knocked out. xD 

Goku (DragonBall) VS Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Two protagonists of their own popular shonen series who share a number of traits: energy, friendliness, simple-mindedness, grit, determination, and the most notable: they're ability to eat massive amounts of food in one sitting. Goku needs no real explanation. He's f*cking Goku. He's the strongest Saiyan warrior alive, mixing in his martial arts teachings under Master Roshi in the Turtle School (with attacks like the Kamehameha), the teachings of King Kai (with attacks like the Spirit Bomb), his ability to transform into a Super Saiyan, a form that is able to increase his already great power immensely, and overall, being an ace when it comes to punching faces and kicking ass. Luffy is also one with little explanation needed: the leader of the Straw Hat Pirates, he's considering one of the most dangerous pirates alive, given his reckless nature and the power of his Devil Fruit, the Gum Gum Fruit, which has turned his entire body into rubber. This makes him insanely durable to common attacks and he is able to channel his rubberness into powerful strikes, along with the power of Second Gear, a technique that acts as a substitute for steroids essentially and increases his stats immensely. All this and more are in his ever growing amount of moves.Stipulations: Goku must stay in base form as going Super Saiyan might be too much for Luffy to handle; Luffy himself is allow to use Second Gear as it will put him and Goku essentially on equal grounds. The winner: As much as I feel like i'm playing favorites with this one, I'm going with my boy Son Goku. Even with Luffy's Second Gear, Goku is still able to get stronger when he's at near death thanks to his Saiyan genes. So even if Luffy beats him within an inch of his life, he'll still have enough gas to keep going. And Luffy is still human after all; he can be hurt by really powerful attacks. Leave your own dream battles below. :D
EMS Sasuke Uchiha(Naruto) vs Your avatar (Blue Exorcist)

Naruto Uzumaki vs Black Star (Soul Eater). It's the ultimate hyperactive ninja fight. xD

Naruto: Well... Everyone knows this one, right? He's the hero of the Hidden Leaf Village, and he's great at Ninjutsu. I don't think I need to go into detail.

Black Star: Black Star has his Weapon Tsubaki, but I figure that would be kind of cheap in this fight. However, he's great at hand-to-hand combat, and can use his soul force to amplify the power of his attacks. I'm just going off of the anime, since I still haven't finished the manga.

Stipulations: Naruto wouldn't be able to go into Sage Mode or use the Nine Tails Chakra, and Black Star wouldn't be allowed to use Tsubaki. It would strictly be their own skills with no weapons or partners.

Winner: Definitely Naruto. He'd win by a landslide thanks to his powerful techniques, but the fight would still be really fun to watch!

Edited by Yellow Flash

Light Yagami (Death Note) VS. Yuno Gasai (Mirai Nikki)

Lee could see Light killing off many of the Survival Game players, seeing their deeds as crimes due to the multiple killings they have committed. Even though it would take a while, he would eventually kill of Yuki, making our Yandere Queen grow into her well-known insanity. She would then use her skills (which Lee can't share because it's a spoiler) to kill off Light, while Light would easily try to kill her. However, Light would not be able to kill Yuno with the Death Note because (of more spoiler reasons). So the winner would end up being Yuno.

Why Lee picked these 2....because right now Lee's reading Death Note, and Yuno Gasai is the only person who Lee knows could kill him O_O

SIBYL (Psycho-Pass) VS. Yuno Gasai (Mirai Nikki)

Yeah...Yuno wouldn't even last 10 mins....in fact its really hard to think of anyone who could beat SIBYL.....maybe Lucy from Elfen Lied, but knowing the Psycho-Pass World, they probably already figured out how to deal with other life forms too. Hopefully we'll find out soon, on how to beat it....HOPEFULLY!