Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

"Let us finish this at the fated place"

"On that land shall darkness prevail and light perish."

"The war in that place will lead to the defeat and destruction of the Light.

The world will be enveloped in eternal Darkness."

"Remember, Sora, your are the one who will open the door to the light."

"In ancient times people believed the light was a gift from an unseen land known as Kingdom Hearts"

"And the only real Kingdom Hearts was swallowed by the darkness never to surface again"

"But someday a door to the innermost darkness will open and the true light will return"

"I know now, without a doubt Kingdom Hearts is light!"

We've heard these lines many times but I've been thinking, could these actually be a hint, not only to the end of KH III, but to what lies beyond? The KH III teaser seems to be intentionally leading us to think that Nomura is trying to mislead us into believing that the 7 lights will fail.  But what if they really do?

My theory is that the world must be enveloped by darkness for Kingdom Hearts to be freed. So here's how I think KH III will end, Xehanort succeeds in enveloping the worlds in darkness but at a price. He and his Seekers of Darkness are swallowed by the very darkness they seek, never to be seen or heard from again. But the Guardians of Light are unable to staunch the flow of darkness and the world are swallowed as well, falling into the Realm of Darkness. Then in KH IV they travel the ruins of these dark worlds while searching for the true Kingdom Hearts in order to restore the Light, ans with it the worlds.

I have also edited my full KH III scenario theory to reflect this but that thread has been dead forever so I doubt anyone will see it.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

But the Xehanort Saga is suppose to end with KH3, that scenario leading to KH4, would still continue with the Xehanort Saga,since it would be his actions, the ones which made all of this occur. Though this scenario is something, I would expect to happen somewhere,around the middle of the game, something like with KH2 and revisiting the worlds and fighting against Org XIII, but only this time, the worlds have fallen into the darkness, and they must be returned to the light, by finding clues leading to Kingdom Hearts, and where the Xehanorts are, by exploring the darkness-consumed world.

But the Xehanort Saga is suppose to end with KH3, that scenario leading to KH4, would still continue with the Xehanort Saga,since it would be his actions, the ones which made all of this occur. Though this scenario is something, I would expect to happen somewhere,around the middle of the game, something like with KH2 and revisiting the worlds and fighting against Org XIII, but only this time, the worlds have fallen into the darkness, and they must be returned to the light, by finding clues leading to Kingdom Hearts, and where the Xehanorts are, by exploring the darkness-consumed world.

But he would be gone for good. And Nomura has been hinting that the next saga's villain will arise in KH III so the focus could shift at some point in KH IV from finding Kingdom Hearts to elimination a more immediate threat.

If Kingdom hearts 3 ends with a cliffhanger, I will lose it. I know there will be more Kingdom hearts after 3, but many of us who played kingdom hearts young (I was 7) need closure for following a series for like 12 years. Thats to much waiting for a game that was "hinted" at in the end of 2. I dont want another "hint" for another 10 year wait...

Ohhh, not KH3. That sounds a little too cliff-hangery for my tastes. Would anything good besides the 13 darknesses being swallowed by darkness come from this?

Ohhh, not KH3. That sounds a little too cliff-hangery for my tastes. Would anything good besides the 13 darknesses being swallowed by darkness come from this?

Yes, Kingdom Hearts, and the light within, can only be reached from the RoD. And I can't seethe the heroes going there willingly so it may have to be something that can't be avoided. By Darkness covering the world the heroes are closer to Kingdom Hearts and therefore more likely to release the Light.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

HAH AS IF! Xehanort is too wise a Master to be killed by his own plans. The only very thing that amazed me on DDD was that Xehanort was alive and kicking and had been planning every step even ahead of Yen Sid.

Believe me, none shall predict what Nomura thinks. He may amaze us with a surprise, he may be hated when not succeeding to amaze us, but nothing that one ever thinks is going to happen happens.

Edited by SkyKeybladeHero

Yes, Kingdom Hearts, and the light within, can only be reached from the RoD. And I can't seethe the heroes going there willingly so it may have to be something that can't be avoided. By Darkness covering the world the heroes are closer to Kingdom Hearts and therefore more likely to release the Light.

It makes sense but I don't know if that's a fitting "end". I wouldn't mind something like that happening near the end though.

Here's the plot, xehanort steals Riku's ad kairi's heart. Sora surprisingly runs over to Riku and they have their final intimate conversation. They both die. Sora mourns his death instead of kairi's and he turns into the 13 key blade duck (9 tail fox huehuehue). Xebanort sends resurrected Ven terra and aqua (wait what...). Sora TKbD kicks there ass than fights xehanort. Sora thinks he lands the killing blow but xehanort manages to put him in a endless Dive into the heart. Leading sora to PLOT TWIST awaken. It was all a dream

How so?

I'll try to find the interview, It was extremely vague, even more so than usual but I'll look.

Edit: Ugh, I can't find it, I'm certain that he implied it somewhere but I just can't find the interview. Guess you can disregard it.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

i think tarranort will absorb kingdom hearts and became a god during the firs battle sora riku and the rest of the keyblade welders wil fight terranort second battle sora riku kairi Aqua & Ventus land the finishing blow but terranort drags sora & riku to an empty space in which the third battle takes place sora & riku beat terranort and releases xehanort's heart from terras body then the final battle between terra sora & riku and xehanort begins through teamwork they beat xehanort forever epic the end so what do you guys think?

Edited by liamaru

Taking context from your theory, perhaps Xehanort wins, and the worlds are consumed by Darkness. However, Kingdom Hearts is Light. Therefore, The Light of Kingdom Hearts and the Darkness that has enveloped the worlds, clash, and in that clashing form the true X-Blade, which someone then wields to open Kingdom Hearts and release its full power, thus restoring the worlds and defeating Xehanort.

The conflict of KH4 could be either someone trying to steal the X-blade, or perhaps inspiration could be drawn from Final Fantasy 3 and the excess of Light begins to cause problems. 

I don't think we need another "Sora and Riku vs the big bad guy" when KHII already did that, honestly. I want something more original.

how about all the Disney Princesses coming in like Charlie's Angels and kicking butt?

Kingdom hearts 3 will end with demise of xehanort but a huge plot twist will happen to lead into the other kingdom hearts game after the xehanort saga is over. Maybe something to do with mickey? or the realm of darkness. idk but expect a new character to be introduced thats for sure.