• 7th Sylvester McCoy
    • 8th Paul McGann
  2. 2. Modern

• 9th Christopher Eccleston
    • 10th David Tennant
    • 11th Matt Smith
    • The Doctor Donna

Posted Image

Doctor Who is a British sci-fi television program that revolves around the adventures through time and space of an alien called the Doctor in his machine disguised as a blue police telephone box called the TARDIS (which stands for Time and Relative Dimensions in Space). Then along the way he also picks up companions (only the best though) to travel with him.

Though the Doctor looks human he is actually a Time Lord from the ancient planet Gallifrey (so he doesn't look human, you look Time Lord --they came first). The Time Lords are, obviously, lords of time. They have the technology to travel through all of time and space and can seemingly live on forever. They have superb mental powers, such as having telepathy and possibly even clairvoyant. They also have a little trick to cheat death called regeneration.

Regeneration is when a Time Lord completely reboots their body when they're dying to gain a new face and personality while maintaining their memories. However if a Time Lord is killed before their regeneration is complete, they are as good as dead. Within a certain time limit (I believe it's 10 hours but I'm not too sure I'll have to recheck) after regeneration Time Lords are able to heal themselves of injuries (even regrow severed limbs). As cool of a parlor trick regeneration may be, a Time Lord can only regenerate 12 times before they die.

So far, the Doctor is on his 11th regeneration, having regenerated 10 times. The current Doctor is played by Matt Smith, and his three companions, Amy, Rory, and River, are played by Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill, and Alex Kingston respectively.

Doctor Who is the longest running sci-fi show, having over 32 seasons and overall over 700 (almost 800 last I calculated) episodes and a movie that aired in 1996. The show originally aired in 1963 which ran until 1989. The show was then rebooted in 2005 and continues to run today. It is also the most successful sci-fi series of all time.

This thread is to discuss Doctor Who; what you love about it, your favorite Doctor, favorite companion, songs you like, moments you like, and possibly even spoilers as the 7th season approaches within the next few weeks.

I will try my best to update this thread with news as it comes out. If you see something that I don't then feel free to post it as well!

So yeah go free my little Whovians!

What we know about series 7 so far.

Edited by Shana09

AAAAAAGH! I don't have BBC America, so how am I going to watch the new season when it finally comes out?! I guess I'll just sit in a corner with my plushie TARDIS and my sonic screwdriver and weep until it gets released on DVD or something. :(

AAAAAAGH! I don't have BBC America, so how am I going to watch the new season when it finally comes out?! I guess I'll just sit in a corner with my plushie TARDIS and my sonic screwdriver and weep until it gets released on DVD or something. :(

There will be livestreams when the episodes air (trust me when season 6 was still releasing episodes I saw links to livestreams all over my Tumblr dash every Saturday). Since I'll most likely be at my college dorm by the time the new season airs (plus I think they release the episodes on BBC America a few months after it airs in the UK, judging from how they did it with Sherlock --although that was on a different station than BBC America so I don't know), I'll keep an eye out for livestreams and link them for people who need it.

Edited by Ivan

Best show ever :D Can't wait for Series 7. It looks so cool e.e

Oh yea btw it was once said that since He is the only time lord left he just may have more lives ;)

There will be livestreams when the episodes air (trust me when season 6 was still releasing episodes I saw links to livestreams all over my Tumblr dash every Saturday). Since I'll most likely be at my college dorm by the time the new season airs (plus I think they release the episodes on BBC America a few months after it airs in the UK, judging from how they did it with Sherlock --although that was on a different station than BBC America so I don't know), I'll keep an eye out for livestreams and link them for people who need it.

And I don't think they show them wayyyy after they show them in the UK but they are premiering the first one at a film fair this month.

Edited by Libirica

Oh yea btw it was once said that since He is the only time lord left he just may have more lives ;)

The writers will most likely come up with some plot twist to allow the Doctor more regeneration cycles, since the show is more popular there's no doubt about that.

How they go about it is what I'm more concerned about. Though it shouldn't be too much to worry about. The show has some great writers and they haven't disappointed me yet!

The writers will most likely come up with some plot twist to allow the Doctor more regeneration cycles, since the show is more popular there's no doubt about that.

How they go about it is what I'm more concerned about. Though it shouldn't be too much to worry about. The show has some great writers and they haven't disappointed me yet!

Yea :D And they just can't simply cancel the longest running science fiction show and the best :3 So I can't wait to see what they end up doing in the future :D

Don't worry Whovian brethren Dr Who is a huge money making device between DVD sales, merchandise and it's recent surge of popularity in America they won't be cancelling it soon!

Yuppers! It's gonna be a show I shall watch for as long as I live.

So I thought I'd make a post about all the official media released so far for season 7!

So far we've got two trailers for the first part of the season, and a sneak peak trailer at the first episode "Asylum of the Daleks":

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLKGePNr61k

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OB_cLuqc98

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4iHTkUto44

This promo picture:

Posted Image

Along with the titles of the first few episode:

• Episode 1: Asylum of the Daleks
  • Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Nick Hurran. Kidnapped by his oldest foe, the Doctor is forced on an impossible mission – to a place even the Daleks are too terrified to enter… the Asylum. A planetary prison confining the most terrifying and insane of their kind, the Doctor and the Ponds must find an escape route. But with Amy and Rory’s relationship in meltdown, and an army of mad Daleks closing in, it is up to the Doctor to save their lives, as well as the Pond’s marriage.

• Episode 2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
  • Written by Chris Chibnall. Directed by Saul Metzstein. An unmanned spaceship hurtles towards certain destruction – unless the Doctor can save it, and its impossible cargo… of dinosaurs! By his side a ragtag gang of adventurers; a big game hunter, an Egyptian Queen and a surprised member of the Pond family. But little does the Doctor know there is someone else onboard who will stop at nothing to keep hold of his precious, prehistoric cargo.

• Episode 3: A Town Called Mercy
  • Written by Toby Whithouse. Directed by Saul Metzstein. The Doctor gets a Stetson (and a gun!), and finds himself the reluctant Sheriff of a Western town under siege by a relentless cyborg, who goes by the name of the Gunslinger. But who is he and what does he want? The answer seems to lie with the mysterious, Kahler-Jex, an alien doctor (yes another one!) whose initial appearance is hiding a dark secret.

• Episode 4: The Power of Three
  • Written by Chris Chibnall. Directed by Douglas Mackinnon. The Doctor investigates mysterious black cubes that have fallen to modern day earth. These cubes cause illness on unsuspecting victims, including the Doctor. UNIT return along with a character called Kate Stewart (Jemma Redgrave) who may be the late Brigadier’s daughter. An Ood was also spotted on set, though this may have been for a DVD mini-episode.

• Episode 5: The Angels Take Manhattan
  • Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Nick Hurran. Amy and Rory’s last ever episode and will also feature the return of River Song. The story will take place in 30s New York where the gang will face the Weeping Angels for a “final encounter.” Karen Gillan said that Amy dying is a possibility. Moffat has promised a “heartbreaking” end and “Not everybody gets out alive – and I mean it this time!”

• Episode 8: The Cold War
  • Written by Mark Gatiss. Directed by Douglas Mackinnon. Possible deep sea adventure set on a submarine. According to The Daily Star, the Ice warriors will return.

• Episode 9 is rumored to be titled "Phantoms of the Hex"
  • Written By Neil Cross. Directed by Jamie Payne. Guest star Jessica Raine’s CV stated the story title is Phantoms of the Hex, while a removed Wikipedia edit claimed it was The Hider in the House, but as Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, it is not exactly a trustworthy source. The story appears to be a historical, possibly Victorian-era. The Doctor has a wardrobe change, wearing a brown jacket with waistcoat underneath.

• Episode 10 is rumored to be titled "The Crimson Horror"
  • Written by Mark Gatiss. Directed by Saul Metzstein Gatiss revealed his episode contains the words ‘meat’, ‘klaxon’ and ‘Vienna’. The episode is set (or at least part-set) in a strange 19th century village called Sweetville. The Doctor investigates when people start going missing in a factory that is run by the mysterious Winifred Gillyflower (Diana Rigg). Also features the return of Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax from A Good Man Goes To War.

We all know that this is Rory and Amy's last season, but the Doctor will be having a new companion (played by Jenna-Louise Coleman) joining him. We'll be first seeing her in the Christmas special.

And of course there is the picture of Matt and Jenna as the Doctor and companion in this photo:

Posted Image

Other photos

That's about as much as I know about season 7 so far. If you have anything to add to it, let everyone know o:!

Edited by Ivan

So I thought I'd make a post about all the official media released so far for season 7!

So far we've got two trailers:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLKGePNr61k

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OB_cLuqc98

This promo picture:

Posted Image

Along with the titles of the first few episode:

• Episode 1: Asylum of the Daleks
  • Episode 2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
  • Episode 3: A Town Called Mercy
  • Episode 4 is rumored to be titled "Cubed" and whether this is rumored or not but I've been seeing it floating around is that people have been saying episode 5 is titled "Bye-Bye Pond". Keep in mind I don't know if these two are official, but if you know anything then let me know!
We all know that this is Rory and Amy's last season, but the Doctor will be having a new companion (played by Jenna-Louise Coleman) joining him. We'll be first seeing her in the Christmas special.

And of course there is the picture of Matt and Jenna as the Doctor and companion in this photo:

Posted Image

That's about as much as I know about season 7 so far. If you have anything to add to it, let everyone know o:!

You have it all set right Ivan :D Shes a really young companion though owo Although if the Doctor wasn't so bad at timing he would of had a little Amelia Pond xD

You have it all set right Ivan :D Shes a really young companion though owo Although if the Doctor wasn't so bad at timing he would of had a little Amelia Pond xD

Jenna is actually older then Karen is, and remember that Rose was 19 when she first left with the Doctor!

Jenna is actually older then Karen is, and remember that Rose was 19 when she first left with the Doctor!

Hmm she looks younger then Karen o.o Amusing 83 and Yea Rose was 19 :3

Two new episode titles for series 7 have been revealed!

Episode 5 is titled "The Angels Wept" and episode 8 is "The Cold War"!

Here is a little insight on what each episode is about:

Episode 5:

The Angels turn the TARDIS to stone.

Episode 8:

Mark Gatiss’ story is set in a submarine/ ice base and sees the long awaited return of the Ice Warriors.

The Ice Warriors’ look remains faithful to the classic series, although, their body armour is revealed to be just that.

David Warner plays an Ice Lord.

Here are some other little spoilers concerning the second half of series 7:

There will be a a new title sequence/a new arrangement of the theme to tie in with the 50th anniversary year.

There’s a TARDIS interior change coming.

One story is set in the English countryside at an old house. Described as Image of the Fendahl meets Quatermass.

An adventure set in the TARDIS centred around the Eye of Harmony.

Neil Gaiman will return to write a Cybermen story that sees them totally reimagined.

[source]

Edited by Ivan

More news concerning series 7!

It's just been revealed by the official Doctor Who twitter that Richard E. Grant will be appearing in the new series!

Grant has unofficially portrayed both the tenth and ninth Doctor in comedic sketches and animated webcasts.

He will be in the 2012 Christmas special, character has yet to be announced.

This is also the first episode the new companion, Clara, will be revealed. So his character might have some relation to her. Who knows?

[source]

I found this to be really really cool since I am a Lord of The Rings fan. But the Seventh Doctor Sylvester McCoy is playing Radagast in The Hobbit Trilogy :D Even though the farthest back I went into the Doctor Who series was the 1996 movie and never watched anything other then Jelly Baby videos of the fourth doctor xD I think it's pretty cool Sylvester is still out there doing some stuff :3

Posted Image

Edited by Libirica

YayIcanpostmorenewsnow

So I've found some rumors/news concerning the 2012 Christmas special.

The news is that Madame Vastra and Jenny from A Good Man Goes to War is returning for this episode.

The rumor is that Clara (Jenna's character) has connections to Vastra.

I found this to be really really cool since I am a Lord of The Rings fan. But the Seventh Doctor Sylvester McCoy is playing Radagast in The Hobbit Trilogy :D Even though the farthest back I went into the Doctor Who series was the 1996 movie and never watched anything other then Jelly Baby videos of the fourth doctor xD I think it's pretty cool Sylvester is still out there doing some stuff :3

Posted Image

It's nice to see that the older Doctors are still getting themselves out there! Christopher Eccleston (although not one of the older Doctors but still some interesting news) is going to be playing the villain, Malekith the Accursed, in Thor: The Dark World!

This is reminding me of how I still need to watch most of Classic Who. I've watched the first 4 episodes of the first Doctor... man I've got a lot of catching up to do.

YayIcanpostmorenewsnow

So I've found some rumors/news concerning the 2012 Christmas special.

The news is that Madame Vastra and Jenny from A Good Man Goes to War is returning for this episode.

The rumor is that Clara (Jenna's character) has connections to Vastra.

It's nice to see that the older Doctors are still getting themselves out there! Christopher Eccleston (although not one of the older Doctors but still some interesting news) is going to be playing the villain, Malekith the Accursed, in Thor: The Dark World!

This is reminding me of how I still need to watch most of Classic Who. I've watched the first 4 episodes of the first Doctor... man I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Yea!!! I cant wait to see Christopher in that movie :D It is going to be absolutely fantastic ;)

Asylum of The Daleks was announced :Dhttp://www.denofgeek...ler-free-review

Part One of Series 7 Episodes-

1 – Asylum of the Daleks (by Steve Moffat)

2 – Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (by Chris Chibnall)

3 – A Town Called Mercy (by Toby Whithouse)

4 – The Power of Three (by Chris Chibnall)

5 – The Angels Take Manhattan (by Steven Moffat)

Posted Image

Edited by Libirica

Asylum of The Daleks was announced :Dhttp://www.denofgeek...ler-free-review

Part One of Series 7 Episodes-

1 – Asylum of the Daleks (by Steve Moffat)

2 – Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (by Chris Chibnall)

3 – A Town Called Mercy (by Toby Whithouse)

4 – The Power of Three (by Chris Chibnall)

5 – The Angels Take Manhattan (by Steven Moffat)

I've already got the episode titles on the 'what we know about series 7 so far' post (:

and there are these other photos released by Doctor Who's facebook. Putting in a spoiler because they're big.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's also been announced that the opening sequence will be changed with each episode this season. And the TARDIS will also be getting a makeover from the inside some time this season as well.

Edited by Ivan

I've already got the episode titles on the 'what we know about series 7 so far' post (:

and there are these other photos released by Doctor Who's facebook. Putting in a spoiler because they're big.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's also been announced that the opening sequence will be changed with each episode this season. And the TARDIS will also be getting a makeover from the inside some time this season as well.

It's going to be a great season :3