Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Spideyphantom

Should Donald and Goofy have a keyblade in kingdom hearts 3?

I'd rather they didn't, Keyblades only get less cool and exclusive the more people can use them

It's like how the prequel trilogy in Star Wars overused Lightsabers versus how rare they were in the original trilogy (although the awesomeness of a lightsaber can't really go down in value)

As interesting as it would be to see more Disney characters running around with keyblades, I'd rather not see Donald and Goofy with one. Besides, they don't exactly seem like keyblade wielder material, at least to me haha. 

As what the previous people said, the keyblade would get less cooler when it becomes in many character's hands.They fits with their original weapons...otherwise they will create another two statues for Disney Castle with them holding keyblades.

No, Goofy should have Cap's shield and Donald should have Thor's hammer.

oh damn!!!! There you got your marvel crossover!! That's how they wouldn't include their worlds in Kingdom Hearts, so I would definetly want that to happen.

Disney has specifically said that Donald should use a staff and Goofy a shield.  That's the weapons they want, that's what they get.  They're now iconic for their characters.  Changing it is like taking Sora's keyblade and giving him something else.  I still don't think Lea's keyblade was necessary either.

"Kayano: We received a set of guidelines beforehand but they asked us not to do add anything that did not originally appear in the Disney cartoons. Tarzan carries a spear in the original movie, so that was no problem. Donald was allowed to carry a stick and Goofy has a shield, but they did not permit us to let them carry swords or anything like that."

Source: http://www.khinsider.com/news/Making-of-Kingdom-Hearts-Part-1-2550

The only Disney character I could see using a keyblade (aside from mickey of course) is Jack Sparrow. Not because of desire, but because it was somewhat hinted at in kh2 (though I don't think it was actual foreshadowing)

Edited by darkerturbo

Heck it makes EVEN MORE SENSE than you know who having one.

Posted Image

URGHHHHHHHH

Sure. Why not? It would make more sense than Kairi having one.

*digs a hole and buries self in it to escape the never-ending rage of Javelin and Oathkeeper*

@topic: Nomura is like Opera Winfrey with Keyblades, I don't doubt that the thought has crossed his mind once or twice, so it's possible. Not that I like the idea.

*abandon's thread*

Phil: GIVE UP ON DISNEY KEYBLADES!

GIVE UP ON DISNEY KEYBLADES!

Ahhh, I love KHII.

Edited by Shintora