Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

A proposal about custom user titles.

Here's an idea, I want to see what people think about it. Currently we've been giving out "custom user titles" for various reasons, as a reward for whatever. Now, what if everyone was allowed to have a custom user title, and instead, for a reward system, we had "badges". This would be a little symbol under your username which could be given out for various reasons. There would be multiple "badges", each with different requirements, etc. What do you think?

I personally love this idea.

I mean, from badges people would get a clearer image of what the member has done for the site. A CUT tells that the person has been helpful and contributing in general, but badges would give a more detailed summary of all the help he/she has done. :3

Not a bad idea, but i prefer Custom Titles are for Good Members, Staff Members. and maybe for those who get 100 Rep? And maybe other ways.

For those reward things that could be for those who Contributed in the Projects, winning them in Contests. Get 100 Rep, reaching 1000 Posts etc.

Badges is an interesting idea. Although I do like the CUT's, badges do show off a users acomplishments more. ...and then wtih everyone having a CUT, people won't be all sadface. However it does lose its magic. Not that I mind, I don't even have one xD

What are some of your ideas for requirements to receive a badge?

I think that these should be some of the requirements for having badges: At Least 60 reps, at least 1000 posts, being contributive to the Project forums, at least 2000 posts, being in the top 3 in the drawing contest and some other things.

Well I think it would be fair for everyone to have CUTs and I would love the badge system. Winning contests and contributing in the Project section could be a way to get badges. No badges for reps though, reps are a different achievement. And no badges for posts either. That's silly D:

Ummm, being extremely helpful in KH sections (with questions other members have about the game and such). Maybe that could be a badge? D:

Maybe also a badge for 1 year members, 2 year members, and ect?

i like the idea.

as for the badges though, why are you guys saying certain post counts should be the ones rewarded for a badge? we'd only get more spam so they get a badge lol.

i think the badges should be earned for:

-being a really, really good member. (helping out in the forum a lot, gets along with everyone, always nice etc.)

-winning kh13 contests. (drawing contest, sig contest, etc.)

things like that. i just really don't think post count should be one of those options because that would only lead to a lot more spam.

i like the idea.

as for the badges though, why are you guys saying certain post counts should be the ones rewarded for a badge? we'd only get more spam so they get a badge lol.

-being a really, really good member. (helping out in the forum a lot, gets along with everyone, always nice etc.)

things like that. i just really don't think post count should be one of those options because that would only lead to a lot more spam.

I agree. Why should we reward people for posting a lot? People will just post a lot of spam to get a badge. If anything, you should be reward for quality of posts, not quantity.

i like the idea.

I agree. Why should we reward people for posting a lot? People will just post a lot of spam to get a badge. If anything, you should be reward for quality of posts, not quantity.

exactly

If I implement "badges", I think it would be better if CUTs become for everyone. Because that would replace CUTs as the "reward system".

I agree with this. At many Forums a CUT was used to describe the user's AVI or their personality.

I still stand by for those who dont have custom titles, a preset title.

Really if everyone (100% of people) had one they would they wouldn't be cool anymore.

It would be like Signatures.

i like the idea.

I love the new proposal. I think custom user titles should be for everyone and badges go along with accomplishments in Signature Contest, Drawing Contest, Projects on the site and maybe one for the people who post new KH news often (because I really think they deserve something if they continue posting news most of the time). Maybe have a badge for 50 reps? (although some people may spam the rep system).

News Cricket? I dont really think so it doesnt take much to copy and paste a translated interview someone found on KH-Vids or Heart Station.

I reckon for those who win Contests stuff like GMV's AMV's etc, 100 Rep. Maybe exclusive ones for Staff Members, like one for mods one for DChiuch and Aaron, and one for Project Managers.

One for those who contributed in the Projects.

For those who dont know the meaning of what DChiuch said then here it is.

Unanimously

Sharing the same opinions or views; being in complete harmony or accord.

yes I support the badges entirely now that I think about it, there should be no badge for amount of posts instead this is my ideal rewards:

Be in the top 3 for Drawing Contest

Be contributive to the Project Forums

Have 50 + reps

Winner of the Signature Contest

Be contributive to the forums BESIDES the RP and Ramdom forum

Have good answers consistenly to KH threads

and some other things

Really if everyone (100% of people) had one they would they wouldn't be cool anymore.

its like, i would like the badges idea, but yet id like the enthusiasm to have earned a CUT, since it requires dedication to good posts and what not, which would feel really good knowing that i had done that if i got one

yeah I agree with you because it would be pretty much like a sig if everyone had it

I still think the members who have been here for a year or more deserve badges.

And ehhh I still reps don't deserve a badge because then everyone would be "I'll rep you if you rep me" and blah.