Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
liamaru

should kingdom hearts 3 use final fantasy 15 graphics for realistic worlds?

They aren't though. FF is more realistic while KH is more Disney.

this

post-45011-38863_thumb.jpg

post-45011-130249_thumb.png

Edited by liamaru

You're showing us a screenshot from a very large game that begun development in 1999 compared to a smaller Disney themed game that was released in 2002.

KH's development started in very early 2000 Edited by Roxasman1231

ah so you noticed this as well :)

Although Nomura designs many characters, his style is very distinct. A lot of characters look alike. 

For example, Terra and Zack Fair faintly look alike. Sora(KHII) and Yuna too at certain angles

Although Nomura designs many characters, his style is very distinct. A lot of characters look alike. For example, Terra and Zack Fair faintly look alike. Sora(KHII) and Yuna too at certain angles

don't you mean shuyin?

don't you mean shuyin?

No I mean Yuna in certain angles in 2D Field Art.

Sora does not look like Shuyin or Tidus. Sora does sort of look like Noel. But, Sora's clothes have a similar palette as Shuyin. 

No I mean Yuna in certain angles in 2D Field Art.Sora does not look like Shuyin or Tidus. Sora does sort of look like Noel. But, Sora's clothes have a similar palette as Shuyin

lol i guess your right :D

They aren't though. FF is more realistic while KH is more Disney.

The issue is that, the KH worlds are Disney worlds, so at least for me, feels weird to have "realistic" Disney worlds, so in that case i would say no.

But then comes this, that makes me think

I'll help you: FFX-2 2003/2004- KH2- 2005/2006 CGI graphics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So for original worlds like Traverse Town or Radiant Garden it could work but that may destroy the overall "Disney feeling" of the game <- if this makes any sense so...

Maybe for the CGI it could be good but my overall think of it is that no, KH3 shouldn't have realistic worlds but they can really improve the cartoonish worlds with the new engine.

FFXV is running the Crystal Tools engine for its real-time graphics, the luminous engine for its lighting (Agni's Philosophy), and a game specific engine for the combat system. Kingdom Hearts 3 is running the Kingdom Shader. Both games are on different engines. Let me be clear here, Kingdom hearts 3 will NOT come out UNTIL FFXV is released so just hope FFXV is coming later next year

FFXV is running the Crystal Tools engine for its real-time graphics, the luminous engine for its lighting (Agni's Philosophy), and a game specific engine for the combat system. Kingdom Hearts 3 is running the Kingdom Shader. Both games are on different engines. Let me be clear here, Kingdom hearts 3 will NOT come out UNTIL FFXV is released so just hope FFXV is coming later next year

the kingdom shader is a modified version of the luminous engine so its really not that different.NOMURA: We used Luminous as [the] main engine for the game. We’re developing over-spec, so porting to both the PS4 and Xbox One is very similar. In addition to this, in the battle part of the trailer there was an issue with the tool so we had to use pre-rendered video, but if you look at the parts where it is animated  in real time there’s no big difference. Edited by liamaru