Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
MasterXemnas

More specific forum categories

I'm always dead serious ._.

Kingdom Hearts Categories

- Trophy Section

- Jiminy's Journal Section

- Equipment Section (Keyblades, Accessories)

- Synthesis Section

- Treasure Chest Section

- Story/Plot Section

- Gummi Ship Section

- Ability Section

- Mini-game Section

Those are off the top of my head

Edited by Ruby Rose

The problem with this is that the more you split the forums up, the more every part of the website 'feels dead'. Another problem is that it needlessly divides things, in that many topics would be at home in multiple of the sections that you listed. Also, even if we did this, those 'unserious' posts that you talk about would still be rampant across all of the new sections. So, I'm against splitting up the forums to resolve this issue.

Instead, I'd ask that if you come across any posts like this, you use the 'Report' button to have a moderator deal with it. We don't like super unserious posts either-- we do want to promote a fun discussion environment, so we like having some jokes here and there and don't want anyone to feel unwelcome if they can't write a multi-paragraph analysis-- but at the same time, we want people to stop posting image macros / "reaction images" and useless posts. So please do report them so our Moderators can start to deal with it.

Fool. I don't want to needlessly divide things either. Maybe instead of different  categories, more topic prefixes. But just only to make things a little more specific. Also a way to make certain topics with certain prefixes much easier to find.

I'm all for fun and jokes. This is for the most part a happy community. I don't think reporting unserious will fix the problem. The real problem is that there is a lack of serious discussion. And the lack of it make all the unseriousness look more rampant. There has to be a way to promote more serious deiscussion.

Edited by MasterXemnas

I totally agree with MasterXemnas, serious discussions became rare in these days compared to previous years in this site and almost no serious thread was out of a single joke and if it wasn't a joke then a few replies. Even if a person had a new idea or theory for future KH games, people would either joke or not to reply and this is actually sad because the site was meant for more productivity and serious discussions about Kingdom Hearts. To tell you the truth I wanted to make a similar thread long time ago and I did talk about it with some old members but i knew that making such thread will not be any useful. 

Edited by Master Keeper

I kinda agree with Dchiuch on this though you bring up a good point Master Xemnas. I think at it's core the problem lies less with the structure of the website and more with the individual users. You have more users who are simply trying to farm for likes which in turn sets an example for others to have a non serious tone when engaging within the forum. We also have a ample amount of users who simply are not knowledgeable enough to engage in discussion to begin with. Most importantly there is a correlation between the amount of serious discussion and the amount of Kingdom Hearts news. For the longest time we have been in a dry period as far as Kingdom Hearts news is concerned. There hasn't been many things announced that would stir up serious discussion and people fall back on the Random Section or having fun throughout the forum. Most of the time when something new comes up the actual discussion ratio dramatically increases.

Where I disagree with Dchuich and agree with Master Xemnas is that I don't think the issue is as easily remedy as clicking the report button. The report button is only as effective as the moderators ability to respond to them and the users desire to use it. I'm not saying the moderators are currently doing a bad job job but it would be hard to keep up with intake of all those posts and that's assuming that users care enough to report those posts in return.

I think the first logical step of promoting serious discussion is to make topics that engage the user in serious discussion. The more serious threads out there the more discussion there is to be had. Also spread correct information around the information people know the more likely they are to answer questions in a serious fashion. Maybe the poll of the day team could post a daily Kingdom Hearts debate in which people can engage in discussion.

Edited by devereauxr

No, I am against splitting up any forums. We have plenty of forums. I'd be more up for merging forums we actually have.

Fool. Well I'm only talking about the Kingdom Hearts sections. We only have four of those. Merging those will just make it harder to find a specific topic you want.

Fool. Well I'm only talking about the Kingdom Hearts sections. We only have four of those. Merging those will just make it harder to find a specific topic you want.

Yeah, I know. And I'm happy with how they're now. Me & DChiuch agreed recently that they should reflect what titles are being discussed at the moment.

When I meant merge forums, I was talking about other ones since another member decided to bring up splitting up a forum.