Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Tai Yasue talks Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, Kingdom Hearts III & Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] with MeriStation

Following Gamescom 2014, MeriStation has had the privilege of interviewing Tai Yasue, the co-director of the Kingdom Hearts series. In this interview, Yasue discussed both Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts III, revealing some interesting details about why HD 2.5 ReMIX is exclusive to PlayStation 3 and about future ports for the HD collections. He also touches on the subject regarding Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] being released outside of Japan and whether or not it can be considered canon.

- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will not be dubbed in European languages other than English (but will be subbed).

- The HD collections will remain in physical format, not digital download.

- Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance was too new to be considered for a HD remaster, but in time, they will consider what to do with it.

- There are no plans for an international release of Kingdom Hearts χ[chi].

Daniel Black from KH13 has translated this interview and thanks to him, you can read it below in full.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix is almost like cooked candy. With the game completely finished, we talked with it´s Producer Tai Yasue, on the Gamescom event in Colony, Germany for the purpose of discovering all the secrets of this remaster and, also, trying to get some open possibilities for Kingdom Hearts III, the third numbered title of the franchise and also the most expected by fans. The work done for this remaster is too far from being a three-game simple pack.

To begin with, Yasue explained to us how, for example, Birth by Sleep received a graphic update with a texture redesign, adapted for a better resolution. In the case of Kingdom Hearts II, do you remember the game had 4:3 resolution, now in HD ReMix it will be 16:9. This has motivated the team itself to recreate data for all this extra screen, in the same with Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, now showed up in a theater mode instead of a playable game, with three hours of cinematics adapted to the high definition and new voice cast.

Far off from general stuff, we wanted to get advantage of having him face to face to resolve some doubts the community had for some time. The first, and bad one is that KHII will not have spanish voices. The reason it´s because, like Yasue said, in Spain and Europe in general, they will receive for the first time the Final Mix versions of the game, and the only solution was to use the spanish dub, and the new scenes in english, and that didn't worked too well. The good news, the game will have spanish subs, as after seeing what happened with Dream Drop Distance, we can be thankful.

The second reason, and also the main reason of an online petition, is why these remaster versions will not see the light on Xbox 360, having see that KHIII will appear on Xbox One. According to Yasue, when they began to work in 1.5 HD, they studied the game code, and they realized that, as the original games were released on PS2, it was more easy and cheaper to adapt them to PS3, a console which "Extracts the maximum potential of these titles". However they are not closed to release these versions in other platforms, but he confirmed that we can forget about getting digital releases of 1.5 and 2.5 in Xbox One and PS4, by the time being, these will remain in physical format.

Dream Drop Distance is the only game of the franchise that wasn't considered for a remaster, but this could change. Asking Yasue about the reason of this exclusion, he said the title was too recent and, in time, they will consider what to do with it, and it´s considered in the end. About KH X (chi), he explained there´s no plan for an international release, but somehow the story is relevant for the franchise, and now it needs to be recovered and making it canon. He also said there´s no plan for a Nintendo game release, as they are working with KHIII for One/PS4 already.

Talking about the future of the Dark Seeker saga, we talked about how Frozen has become a worldwide success, including Japan, where´s like a hit. Asking how to include this universe in the next games, he explained that he likes everything related with the creation of ice elements the protagonist´s dualities, and the music, saying that he would like to do it like the snowed mountain in Land of Dragons from KHII, maybe including musical elements like Atlantica. What other things he would add? If the choice were his, he would use Star Wars and Marvel elements, but also worlds based on Disney shorts like Timeless River, or Pixar movies, or even characters of Square games. Final Fantasy VII´s unused characters are his first options.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix will reach Europe December 5th 2014 for PlayStation 3, with remastered music, updated graphics, new contents from the Final Mix versions and other adjustments to make these titles the ultimate versions. If they manage to achieve it or not, we will see it soon, but now the grain of salt in this news is to know the lost of the magnificent Spanish dub included in KHII. Even we asked, as if we had nothing to lose: "And on´t you think of releasing this dubbing in DLC format?" after some thinking he responded: "Everything´s possible, but now we haven´t decided about it"

Click here to view the article

I think it might as well be confirmed at this point that Frozen will be in III.

I think they want Marvel/Star Wars in KHIII as much as we do, but I think its a matter of if they're allowed to use it or not.

I think it might as well be confirmed that Yasue is obsessed with the movie. But it doesn't mean much, even if Nomura really wants something it doesn't mean it'll will be in it.

But god forbid they attempt to make KH1.5 and 2.5 available on any other console.

Joke?

I think it might as well be confirmed that Yasue is obsessed with the movie. But it doesn't mean much, even if Nomura really wants something it doesn't mean it'll will be in it.

Joke?

Yeah... I dont really care if they are ever ported. I just find it funny how Tai was like "Anythings possible", but when asked if they can do something that would take little effort on Squares part, he deny`s it`ll happen.

Yeah... I dont really care if they are ever ported. I just find it funny how Tai was like "Anythings possible", but when asked if they can do something that would take little effort on Squares part, he deny`s it`ll happen.

I'd rather they aren't ported. They need to focus their resources on KH3.

Dream Drop distance is the only game of the franchise that wasn´t considered for a remaster, but this could change. Asking Yasue about the reasonof this exclusion, he said the title was too recent and, in time, they will consider what to do with it, and it´s considered in the end.

Really think about it, Yasue. Don't bullshit us. 

Also, by the time KH2.5 is released in NA, it'll be almost three years since DDD's release. How long ago was Birth by Sleep? Four years. How long would it be between DDD's release as a 3DS title and as a remastered HD game if development started on it by early 2015? Around the same time.

Edited by Kaweebo

Really think about it, Yasue. Don't bullshit us. 

Also, by the time KH2.5 is released in NA, it'll be almost three years since DDD's release. How long ago was Birth by Sleep? Four years. How long would it be between DDD's release as a 3DS title and as a remastered HD game if development started on it by early 2015? Around the same time.

There's also a big difference. 3DS was and is Nintendo's current handheld, the PSP was not Sony's it was and is their old one.

There's also a big difference. 3DS was and is Nintendo's current handheld, the PSP was not Sony's it was and is their old one.

That's a better excuse than 'too soon', one they could still easily get around.

Edited by Kaweebo

In my opinion, i don't think they should add the Star Wars or Marvel universe in the next few games, i feel that classic disney is where it should stay, not saying Frozen shouldn't be in any of the games, but Marvel and Star Wars are just too "far out there".

My expressions to the news in this thread were like:  :biggrin: :dry: :smile: :huh: :wacko: :angry: 
I think it is too early to release 3D in an HD, especially since the 3DS is Nintendo's current and latest console. However, he gave reasons for everything except the international release of Chi but "somehow the story is relevant for the franchise, and now it needs to be recovered and making it canon" gives me a feeling of a remake.

My expressions to the news in this thread were like:  :biggrin: :dry: :smile: :huh: :wacko: :angry: 

I think it is too early to release 3D in an HD, especially since the 3DS is Nintendo's current and latest console. However, he gave reasons for everything except the international release of Chi but "somehow the story is relevant for the franchise, and now it needs to be recovered and making it canon" gives me a feeling of a remake.

Remaking KHx would be a big waste of resources.

I think it might as well be confirmed at this point that Frozen will be in III.I think they want Marvel/Star Wars in KHIII as much as we do, but I think its a matter of if they're allowed to use it or not.

Well not everyone wants Star Wars/Marvel in Kingdom Hearts.

Ok so they ditch the other languages. Why? Is the localization team just getting lazy now? I mean I would love to have the option to switch between English, Japanese, Spanish, German, Italian and French. Why take way such a unique way to give your fans language options?

Far off from general stuff, we wanted to get advantage of having him face to face to resolve some doubts the community had for some time. The first, and bad one is that KHII will not have spanish voices. The reason it´s because, like Yasue said, in Spain and Europe in general, they will receive for the first time the Final Mix versions of the game, and the only solution was to use the spanish dub, and the new scenes in english, and that didn't worked too well. The good news, the game will have spanish subs, as after seeing what happened with Dream Drop Distance, we can be thankful.

BS, they could have made the scenes silent with subtitle language of choice. They did it before, they can do it again.

Edited by jadentheman

he never confirm frozen or talk about it being being a musical "we commented how Frozen had been a resounding success globally, but However, a phenomenon in Japan. It would include asking about how this universe in the series, always hypothetically and not a confirmation, explained how he liked everything about the making of items through the ice." http://www.meristation.com/playstation-3/kingdom-hearts-hd-2-5-remix/avance-juego/1913763/2001841