Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Final Fantasy Explorers Discussion

I can't find anything online about that. Is it for real? I need to know!

Yes, it's straight from Square Enix North America. They haven't done a press release for the collector's edition just yet. Expect one next week.

FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS®

Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.

Platforms: Nintendo 3DS™

Genre: Multiplayer Action RPG

ESRB: E10+

Release: January 26, 2016

MSRP: $39.99 Standard Edition; $69.99 Collector’s Edition

About

FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS features both cooperative play with friends and solo play, utilizing a refined party system

which allows Explorers to master over 20 new and familiar jobs—including series classics like Dragoon, Dark Knight,

Black Mage and White Mage—to defeat the realm’s mightiest monsters and even recruit them for battle. Players will have

the ability to call upon the powers of eidolons like Ifrit and Bahamut, as well as transform into other legendary characters

from the FINAL FANTASY series, such as Cloud, Squall and Lightning, via the Trance feature.

Story

The world is on the brink of war over its reserves of crystals, the planet’s chief source of power. Players must band together to

form an elite squad of Explorers on an island rich in crystals, braving hordes of monsters in hopes of conquering a newly

discovered Grand Crystal – every Explorer’s dream.

Features

[*] 4-Player Adventure – Band together with up to four players to form strategies and take on challenging dungeons and powerful bosses via the Nintendo 3DS local wireless connection or online.

[*]Highly Customizable Characters – Players can customize their characters’ jobs, weapons, armor and abilities to suit their individual tastes and play styles.

[*]Over 20 Jobs to Explore and Master – Players can play as their favorite FINAL FANTASY roles, from series classics including Dragoon, Bard and Black Mage, to the highly specialized Samurai, Time Mage and Dark Knight.

[*]Trance Mode – Wield the power of eidolons, such as Ifrit and Bahamut, and transform into legendary FINAL FANTASY characters, including Cloud, Squall and Lightning.

[*]Classic FINAL FANTASY Monsters – Recruit, level-up, and fight alongside classic monsters from the series.

[*]Art and Music – The title comes to life with the spectacular designs of renowned artists Yoshitaka Amano, Gen Kobayashi and Toshiyuki Itahana, as well as an original soundtrack composed by Tsuyoshi Sekito.

[*]Over 100 Hours of Gameplay – With over 200 quests, over 20 jobs and endless party configurations to discover, players have a myriad of ways to enjoy the game.

I think I've seen that footage during E3.

*sees ESRB Rating*

A Final Fantasy game rated E10+?

WHAT IS THIS SOURCERY

I think I've seen that footage during E3.*sees ESRB Rating*A Final Fantasy game rated E10+?WHAT IS THIS SOURCERY

Every single one of them before VII was rated E or E10+. Don't see why this is such an odd thing.

SQUARE ENIX® today revealed the Collector’s Edition for FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS® that will be limited and available exclusively through the Square Enix Online Store.

In addition to the game, the collector’s edition includes a variety of premium items, including:
  • 32-page artbook featuring illustrations by renowned artists Yoshitaka Amano, Gen Kobayashi and Toshiyuki Itahana
  • “Songs for the Journey,” a 20-track music soundtrack sampler comprised of tracks by celebrated Composer Tsuyoshi Sekito
  • Themed FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS Nintendo 3DS hard case
  • Exclusive box packaging, featuring the artwork of series concept artist Amano

Posted Image

The Collector’s Edition will also have codes exclusive to the Western release to unlock in-game quests that allow players to obtain a set of legendary FINAL FANTASY® weapons. These weapons include: Venus Gospel from FINAL FANTASY VII, Death Penalty from DIRGE of CERBERUS®: FINAL FANTASY VII, Crimson Blitz from LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII, and Thyrus from FINAL FANTASY XIV.

FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS will be available on Jan. 26, 2016, for Nintendo 3DS in North America, and will be priced at $39.99 MSRP. The Collector’s Edition will be sold through the Square Enix Online Store for $69.99.

Square Enix has confirmed in-game content will be exclusive to the collector's edition of Final Fantasy Explorers which is also exclusive to the online store which can only be purchased through in North America & Europe.

In other words, multiple countries can not access the content in literally any way. Not even DLC.

I can further confirm now that the game will NOT be available in German, Italian or Spanish. They won't be releasing the 3DS port of FF1 either.

Meghan Sullivan has had some incredibly dodgy reviews (*cough* Steins;Gate *cough*) for IGN and that review is no different. Her tone throughout it is grating to listen to. I'm glad the dislike bar is visible on that video. The girl really can't review and she's not the only one at IGN either.

Meghan Sullivan has had some incredibly dodgy reviews (*cough* Steins;Gate *cough*) for IGN and that review is no different. Her tone throughout it is grating to listen to. I'm glad the dislike bar is visible on that video. The girl really can't review and she's not the only one at IGN either.

Her review for X/X-2 HD was great imo but I'm bias there. But I agree her review here was bad.

Edited by Sora96