Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
『R』

"Frozen" has a higher chance of being in KH3.

Meanwhile, Gameranx cited a report from a Spanish gaming site Meristation revealing that Kingdom Hearts 3 co-director Tai Yasue has plans of incorporating the hit 2013 Disney movie "Frozen" into the game.

According to the publication, Yasue talked through the plans indicating that the snow mountain in the Land of Dragons, for Mulan, would be the basis for Frozen's world. He would also integrate other musical elements reminiscent from the movie into the game universe.

Taken from:http://www.christianpost.com/news/kingdom-hearts-3-release-date-rumors-march-2015-unveiling-date-unlikely-more-disney-movie-characters-to-be-implemented-125140/

Edited by DawnofRiku

He was saying IF Frozen was incorporated that's what he'd do. Nothing about Frozen actually being in the game.

I know. I was saying Frozen has more of a chance. 

He literally just said this in the most recent interview. And while I think Frozen being included in some way is inevitable, he hasn't said anything to suggest that it is "definitely" going to be in III, at least not yet. It's not like it's exactly his call either, this is just what he would want for it if he had the say so for it. From what he said about it though, I would definitely see that for a KH III world. Just don't force everybody to sing to Let It Go, I think the internet has already did that enough for like 20 time capsules worth of generations. xP

This was posted a while ago, basically if they are given permission to use it (since they need permission from Disney for any world with each game), those are the ideas he would like to incorporate.  It's not confirmation, and that site has grossly misinterpreted the interview to try and increase traffic most likely.

He literally just said this in the most recent interview. And while I think Frozen being included in some way is inevitable, he hasn't said anything to suggest that it is "definitely" going to be in III, at least not yet. It's not like it's exactly his call either, this is just what he would want for it if he had the say so for it. From what he said about it though, I would definitely see that for a KH III world. Just don't force everybody to sing to Let It Go, I think the internet has already did that enough for like 20 time capsules worth of generations. xP

well depends when it actually comes. if it comes after a few yrs. (or one or two) frozen might not be relevant enough 

Considering how much Yasue has been talking about Frozen, it seems like the most likely movie to get incorporated into KH3. Combine that with the fact that it's INSANELY popular in Japan and the highest grossing animated film of all time, there's no way it doesn't get a world.

well depends when it actually comes. if it comes after a few yrs. (or one or two) frozen might not be relevant enough 

The internet extends everything's relevance life cycle by about one to two years. I think Frozen has a chance. Besides, the most recent movies to be introduced in each KH game tend to have two to five years between the movie release in question and the game release. Tarzan was the "new" world for KH1, Stitch and Chicken Little were the "new" characters for KH2, and Tron Legacy was probably the "newest new" thing I've ever seen in a Kingdom Hearts game. And I've always liked to think that a world's inclusion in Kingdom Hearts sort of "re-sparks" the relevancy in the movie in question. When Hunchback of Notre Dame was announced for KH3D, I hadn't even seen it before, so I made sure to watch it before I played the game. But that's just me. Point being though, whether a movie is "relevant" or not is up to the player/viewer and their tastes. You could argue that the original Whinnie the Pooh shorts haven't been relevant for years, but that didn't stop any interest of them being in KH1. I'm sure that the "Frozen hype" will have definitely died down to a more suitable level by the time KH3 is out, but it will still be pretty fresh in everyone's minds if it's included.

The internet extends everything's relevance life cycle by about one to two years. I think Frozen has a chance. Besides, the most recent movies to be introduced in each KH game tend to have two to five years between the movie release in question and the game release. Tarzan was the "new" world for KH1, Stitch and Chicken Little were the "new" characters for KH2, and Tron Legacy was probably the "newest new" thing I've ever seen in a Kingdom Hearts game. And I've always liked to think that a world's inclusion in Kingdom Hearts sort of "re-sparks" the relevancy in the movie in question. When Hunchback of Notre Dame was announced for KH3D, I hadn't even seen it before, so I made sure to watch it before I played the game. But that's just me. Point being though, whether a movie is "relevant" or not is up to the player/viewer and their tastes. You could argue that the original Whinnie the Pooh shorts haven't been relevant for years, but that didn't stop any interest of them being in KH1. I'm sure that the "Frozen hype" will have definitely died down to a more suitable level by the time KH3 is out, but it will still be pretty fresh in everyone's minds if it's included.

you have a point. 

but oh god if its there, going through that world would be a chore. (for me)

At this point, I really wouldn't be surprised if Frozen was included in Kingdom Hearts III.  Don't get me wrong, it'd be pretty sweet if the film was included as a world in the game, but I would honestly be more surprised and hyped if a world based on the film Tangled were to be included!  Sure, Elsa and Anna may be awesome characters, but come on, Rapunzel and Eugene, seriously, the chemistry between those two is just amazing!  And well, it'd make for an amazing world!  Just think of Rapunzel as your ally, using her hair to whip Heartless and fling them to you so that you can make combos!  Anyways, I'm getting off topic here.  Back to the bulk of the topic though, as I said in the beginning of my post, I wouldn't really be at all surprised if Frozen made it into Kingdom Hearts III. :)

you have a point. 

but oh god if its there, going through that world would be a chore. (for me)

So long as Sora isn't forced to sing Let It Go or Do You Want To Build A Snowman, I'll be fine. I'd feel even better if Roxas was forced to sing though, because BY GOD, he's voiced by Jessie McCartney! How could we have a game with both singing AND Jessie McCartney in it, and not have Roxas ever get a chance to sing!? Halley Joel Osment got to sing, like what, twice, three times in his career? Just let Jessie sing Square Enix, just let him sing!  >.<

I still haven't seen Frozen.  Would anyone recommend that I watch this movie?  From the very little that I have seen (stills of the characters mainly), it looks like it could be an interesting choice for a world.  However, I would NOT want any forced musical mini-game.  I would want the world to focus on the main story and have Sora and co. fight awesome-looking winterized Heartless, as well as a memorable boss fight.